Forum › Yuri Kuma Arashi discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I finished the anime and I can say this deserve to be one of the best Yuri ever to me.
And Morishima really do lots of Yuri manga, I think she must put all her heart to it. I really appreciate her

I seem to recall that in some afterword, she stated that she will do yuri till she dies.

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

I finished the anime and I can say this deserve to be one of the best Yuri ever to me.
And Morishima really do lots of Yuri manga, I think she must put all her heart to it. I really appreciate her

I seem to recall that in some afterword, she stated that she will do yuri till she dies.

^^ Morishima is good morishima is god ...i will follow her footsteps and draw yuri until i die a lonly miserable death...even in the afterlife ಠ_ಠ kek

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Holy mother of God. Was waiting ages for something after chapter two...went off Dynasty for two or three months during crunch time...and all of a sudden there's EIGHT CHAPTERS. Yayuh.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

This is highly unrealistic, Bear meat doesn't taste good. No one would ever make stew out of bear meat.

robin seems to think other wise, also morigan.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Shit just got deep

_1402627928.76741_882
joined May 25, 2011

That sure was a thing that I just read.

Cute art, but...that was a thing. Yup. Sure was a thing.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Finally watched the anime... Definitely saw a lot of similarities to Mawaru Penguindrum and Utena. Very cryptic at the beginning. I know some people found the style kind of alienating, but it's one that deserves a second watch. Loved it. Also, definitely helped that all of Morishima's character designs were so friggin cute.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Morishima and Ikuhara are in a league of their own you know.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Really? They're not in the credits.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Really? They're not in the credits.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Haha, I agree. I felt I could only pay tribute to their animation brilliance with an avatar. By the way, does anyone else think the opening song is way sexy? Not just the opening animation, but the song choice itself.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

watched the anime too...
don't know what the heck going on...

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

watched the anime too...
don't know what the heck going on...

With Ikuhara you have to look past the plot and more at his motivations. In this case, social convention and homosexuality. The PV itself stated the anime was "A story to join two lovers that have been separated from each other". Many art forms tend to depict homosexuality in subtle ways as the "monster" type of antagonist. Like people-eating bears. It's all yuri and freedom to love, plus bravery in defying social convention in the face of true love. It deserves a second watch if you didn't get it the first time. I found Mawaru Penguindrum (Ikuhara as well) to be more complex than this, though. But stacked with Morishima's character designs it was just too great.

Also, I get the feeling Ikuhara just really likes yuri.

last edited at Oct 30, 2015 5:22AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yuri Kuma Arashi is just a love story.

About a love so powerful it breaks all barriers.

Time, space, walls, genders, species, society, or themselves, nothing can break their bond. Not even death can.

Beyond a social critic or something, it just tells a love story.

And that's just what you have to remember in the end : Kureha and Ginko's love was true.

last edited at Oct 30, 2015 10:33AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Second volume's being TL'd over at /u/ if anyone fancies helping out with QC etc. We've just put out chapter 9 which should be up once an uploader notices it.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yay! Drama incoming...

joined Jun 12, 2015

Nice. Morishima Akiko's version of Yuri Kuma Arashi is much better and more interesting than the Ikuni's anime. The overused symbolism, metaphors and repetitions in the anime was not a good idea for a 12 episodes show, because it caused the lack of story and characters development.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Nice. Morishima Akiko's version of Yuri Kuma Arashi is much better and more interesting than the Ikuni's anime. The overused symbolism, metaphors and repetitions in the anime was not a good idea for a 12 episodes show, because it caused the lack of story and characters development.

I feel quite the opposite. Ikuhara used these characters to tell a story and make a criticism about it's society. Honestly it felt more like I was watching a play than an anime, the drama was done so well. It's hard to develop characters in only 12 episodes with a well written plot. Penguindrum was definitely better at character development but that series was twice as long as YuriKuma. But the characters in YuriKuma executed the story pretty flawlessly and got the point across.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

the plot thickens!!! with bears!!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"My god...it's full of bears..."

joined Jul 8, 2013

See, I just think the plotline this manga is taking is so much more interesting than what the anime had lol. That's all I really have to say about that.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

"My god...it's full of bears..."

Sheesh, now I'm expecting a big black bear monolith.

2014-09-21_222632
joined May 11, 2014

Where are you take scan of this manga from? I want yurikuma arashi raw manga vol.2 .plz.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Where are you take scan of this manga from? I want yurikuma arashi raw manga vol.2 .plz.

The provider got the digital version off Amazon.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

covers face. how cute was this last chapter?? Well I guess Ginko remembering the past wasn't cute, and it was almost depressing but then the ending just twisted my heart around and I was happy again..

To reply you must either login or sign up.