Forum › I'm a Lesbian, She(?)'s a Demon Manga

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Batoto didn't tag it as yuri, a simple rule guys, it's comedy? So it probably not a real lesbian.

becoz i changed it!!

Fuck yeah koneko!

High five (ノ^^)八(^^ )ノ?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I think we're getting what you're saying, we're just not agreeing. Sure, if the author decides to make a girl notreallygay then she is actually notreallygay but that doesn't make it any less stupid.

Taking into account what mangakas usually do in genderbender yuri and "I hate men"-lesbians. You have all the rights to be on edge about this, and so am I - due to my overexposure to hentai and recent reads.

So, for those who are into it for the yuri, read if you wish, but be warry.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I enjoyed the first chapter but it was disappointing that she was indeed a he. I was hoping the squishy was a third boob instead but nah

That would have made for a much better plot than this.
I can't count how many gender bender manga I've read that started the same way this one did. sigh

Gender bender is almost never real gender bender, just trap, it's really annoying that most mangas do it really bad.

I think we're getting what you're saying, we're just not agreeing. Sure, if the author decides to make a girl notreallygay then she is actually notreallygay but that doesn't make it any less stupid.

agreed questioning the author make more sense than the character.

That's the problem, most of the time those "gay" character can be argued that they're not even really gay, of course I'm not arguing it's not stupid, when they make a gayish character just to end in het it's always stupid, it don't matter if they're gay or not, it's always shitty written using homo bait to attract fans, we need to question the author for making something that stupid, what I argue against is about what the fans complain.

I don't care about a character sexuality and don't need that they state it, the reason I started my logic is because of some vocal yuri fans that love to cry "Lesbian turned straight! Lesbian turned straight!" when in a lot of those cases they're not "really" lesbians, there's three basic examples of lesbian character in manga and anime:

• Not really lesbian: They're basically the type that suffered trauma and simply can't see man as potential love interest, so their only option is to try woman even if they don't even really feel attracted sexually or romantically to them, but they always find one man that they do fall in love with, normally shows up in more serious mangas when done right, so there's few examples.

• Maybe gay or bi character: Characters that act gayish and have subtext with other girls, we can list a lot of examples that don't end in het, but the ones that end in het it's almost always a girl that don't like boys for some stupid reason that don't have anything to do with their sexuality, of course some can really be gay, but most of the time they suffered bullying, are treated bad by man and think they're idiots, it almost never has anything to do with those girls not liking the oposite sex, almost always they don't like man because of how they are not because they're male, like the main character in this manga, or Yachiyo from Working that like one girl because she saved her from some bullies but she have a lot of signals that she like that male character, Nobara Yukinokouji from Inu x Boku SS is treated as gay, but the only reason she don't have interest in man is because her family is pressuring her to marry a man, but she do likes the female main character so she's technically bisexual as she end in het, Rin from Mnemosyne that is obviously bisexual but always loved the same man, characters from Shin Sekai Yori th\t are all bisexuals but end in het, Nene from Hyakko is bisexual, Miku Izayoi from Date a Live is bisexual, Kagura and Yomi from Ga-Rei that also have het ending and are bisexual, and in some cases they just like to appreciate other girls bodies and flirt with them but never really see a girl as possible lover, good examples of this is Ange from Cross Ange, that could be bisexual but probably don't really see girls as possible lovers, Kumiko and Reina from Hibike Euphorium that act super gay for each other but are straight, Momoyo Kawakami from Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai that loves to flirt with girls for fun.

• Lesbian: That most of the time is a side character that is either single, a couple, is killed, becomes part of the harem, evil and rapist, they can too end in het if done right, but most of the time is really poorly done.

I say that a girl is not a real lesbian because in most cases they're the second type of lesbian I said, so technically they could be called bisexual or pansexual, because if they were really lesbian I doubt they would fall for man so easily as most mangas and animes show, sure my logic probably have some flaw, if someone sees one please say it, but I find it a lot better to analyze the story and character, see that maybe the're not really lesbian but probably bisexual, instead of start to scream everywhere "Lesbian turned straight! Lesbian turned straight!" like a retarded, annoying? Yes it's fucking annoying, but we should sometimes take away the yuri googles and see if that character was really lesbian or just bisexual when she end ups with a man.

And just saying in case someone is stupid to not see the obvious, that logic of course only work in fiction, most manga and animes that tends to have more gay characters poorly executed, don't try this logic in real life...

last edited at Jul 8, 2015 12:36PM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Where is the demon in this?

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Where is the demon in this?

The trap is the demon, for the girl any boy is a demon, but it's probably more because he seens to be a little jerk.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

so what! i'm annoying!! sigh..

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

so what! i'm annoying!! sigh..

You're not annoying koneko, you're one of the few that's funny to see talking about how yuri is dead, I could say name of some of the annoying ones that really like whine... If I remembered any of them, I have memory of goldfish.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

koneko is mvp, I giggle everytime despite only understanding half of what he says but if he hasn't heart in it, dammit!

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

I have memory of goldfish.

i'm an ass though so i'm gonna say that a MYTH!

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015
  • Lesbian: That most of the time is a side character that is either single, a couple, is killed, becomes part of the harem, evil and rapist, they can too end in het if done right, but most of the time is really poorly done.

I'm imagining the "if done right" bit right, because that would imply it could be.

And Koneko is like, my favourite person.

We need more Yuri is Dead.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

For real though, has anyone ever actually known someone that thought they were a lesbian but they really only hated men? Because that whole situation seems really convoluted to me

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

For real though, has anyone ever actually known someone that thought they were a lesbian but they really only hated men? Because that whole situation seems really convoluted to me

Nope, only in manga I remember this kind of thing and there's always an important male character that stops her hate of man and she fall in love with him, most times the girl in question call herself lesbian or say she likes girls, but she never really had anything with a girl and always ends with a man, all mangas I remember reading that are like this always had shitty writting and really stupid reasons for her hate, reasons that would not really work in real life.

last edited at Jul 8, 2015 8:28PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

[...] all mangas I remember reading that are like this always had shitty writting and really stupid reasons for her hate, reasons that would not really work in real life.

Tbh, it must be kinda difficult almost impossible to write something good with this basis.

last edited at Jul 8, 2015 8:30PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

[...] all mangas I remember reading that are like this always had shitty writting and really stupid reasons for her hate, reasons that would not really work in real life.

Tbh, it must be kinda difficult almost impossible to write something good with this basis.

The only ones I found kind of good are comedy and the girl don't say anything about being gay, some try to be serious but normally end up poorly executed, but the ones that use a supposedly lesbian character are always reeeeally bad unless it's comedy, but only maybe if the comedy is good, like this manga that for now the girl is in theory a lesbian, we need to see more chapters and see what she says, but I doubt she's really lesbian...

last edited at Jul 8, 2015 8:43PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

none

You are welcome

They end up together. Yuri ending.

Man, Thiaguinho-sama, you wrote a lot ^ ^" I understand where you are coming from. I have some similar issues with stories like you pointed out, so I can get why you are so upset. Btw. can you tell me if you got my mail, cos I'm not sure if I didn't mess up your address xD"

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 2:24PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

You are welcome

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure I've already read that. Don't remember it very well, tho.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I think that story from Takemiya Jin is the only one I ever found that uses abuse and trauma in a serious manner with a really lesbian character that don't end in het, and that have good written of course.

I received your email Nevri, it's been some weeks that I'm not really going to the internet to do anything, using only Dynasty on my phone because without yuri there's no reason to live another day, when I feel better and finally use my pc I answer your email and others that are waiting, and talk with a lot of people that must think I died months ago...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

none

You are welcome

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure I've already read that. Don't remember it very well, tho.

Well, you just were talking about manga with realistic hate of men in which heroine says she likes girls and actually like girls. It is the only yuri manga with heroine hating men that I know (or only one good enough to make me remember it so well), but it was great regardless, so this conversation instantly reminded me about it. It is collection about 4-5 couples, each has around 2-4 chapter focused on them. 1 from 2 I liked the best and like to re-read from time to time just happened to fit Thiaguinho-sama criteria, so I just dropped it here.

Thiaguinho-sama

I received your email Nevri, it's been some weeks that I'm not really going to the internet to do anything, using only Dynasty on my phone because without yuri there's no reason to live another day, when I feel better and finally use my pc I answer your email and others that are waiting, and talk with a lot of people that must think I died months ago...

Np. np. xD It's fine~. I just wanted to make sure ;P Take your time and write when you are free ;3

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 3:08PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

I got that Nevri. I am grateful that you mentioned it, since I really don't remember it well (and thus intend to re-read it soon). Re-reading my post, I noticed it was kinda rude, but that was not my intention. My apologies.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I know people who believe that this is true though >_> cough parents cough

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I know people who believe that this is true though >_> cough parents cough

Some people in japan seens to believe woman becomes lesbian because a man hurt her, one manga here with non moe art talks about this in one chapter, probably not hard to find.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I got that Nevri. I am grateful that you mentioned it, since I really don't remember it well (and thus intend to re-read it soon). Re-reading my post, I noticed it was kinda rude, but that was not my intention. My apologies.

Nah. It wasn't rude. You just stated a statement. It's my bad habit of overwriting and overexplaining everything (and having urge to respond even if there wasn't really a need). I'm glad it was of use ;P

Some people in japan seens to believe woman becomes lesbian because a man hurt her, one manga here with non moe art talks about this in one chapter, probably not hard to find.

It is that one I think, but I might be wrong.

joined Aug 16, 2014

Maybe it's Honey & Honey ?

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Not that one, it's comedy and the art is more chibi style without been very cute, a lot of short chapters, in this one the character meets a male friend who hugs her and feels sad for her when she mention she's a lesbian, because of course a man hurt het in the past, then the girl goes back home angry, it's based on the life of the mangaka.

Maybe none, I can't search for that chapter.

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 3:32PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

What about Plica?

Those are the two that came to my mind... Your description was kinda familiar, so I was betting on Honey & Honey, since I haven't read all of Plica.

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 3:35PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.