Forum › Shiori Experience - Jimi na Watashi to Hen na Oji-san discussion

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Interesting...

One thing I don't get: At the beginning, before she started playing guitar, those punk kids were calling her Jimi-sen. That couldn't be a reference to her playing like Jimi Hendrix, because she wasn't playing like him yet, so what does it mean?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Interesting...

One thing I don't get: At the beginning, before she started playing guitar, those punk kids were calling her Jimi-sen. That couldn't be a reference to her playing like Jimi Hendrix, because she wasn't playing like him yet, so what does it mean?

There's a explanation on the page http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shiori_experience_jimi_na_watashi_to_hen_na_oji_san_ch01#6 It's a bad japanese pun, meaning Plain Teacher.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

That was surprisingly good. Start reading like "meh, let's just check out the first chapter" and got caught up in it.

Seeing Jimmy Hendrix was already a blast, but a womanly version of James Brown as the school nurse ? XD

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

@ imp: can i ask where you take your avatar ?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Interesting...

There's a explanation on the page http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shiori_experience_jimi_na_watashi_to_hen_na_oji_san_ch01#6 It's a bad japanese pun, meaning Plain Teacher.

Huh. Somehow I missed that. Thank you.

Kitsune Inari
joined Jul 20, 2011

Plain my ass, Shiori is very cute.

Even moreso when she's rocking out with all her heart. At these moments she's so cool. And so hot. And I just noticed how oxymoronical that sounds right now.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

So, yeah. Who else is up for some regicide?

On a more serious note, I'm not a fan of Prince, but the baseball captain's dithering and compulsive need to give into others is getting irritating.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

lol Prince

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

lol Prince

Yeah. I didn't see that coming. When I showed it to my wife she went on a rant about how it made no sense. I really don't think making sense is the point of it.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Isuzu-san .or Sax girl :3 is cute

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Now to see how the trumpet girl will join the band too. ^^

Another good chapter, really love that manga. XD

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

i honestly haven't been this excited by a manga in a while ;; now only if i could find some hentai doujins of hino-sensei porking shiori in the teacher's lounge.....

joined Jul 20, 2011

Yeah, Purple Haze all in my eyes, don't know if it's day or night, ♪
you've got me blowing, blowing my mind, is it tomorrow or just the end of time? ♪

Btw, I wonder what will Prince play now that they have a dedicated drummer. I mean, author can't just drop him yet, he's funny enough to keep at least a while longer.

10421609_736454176404511_930283773208011502_n
joined Jul 14, 2012

i love this manga not only for the story, but also for the art - not how the author draws things per se, but how he (she?) uses metaphors and stylises everything, for example in scenes when shiori/band plays. it's so awesome, i hope author keeps better and better with those

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

the legend of the crossroad's devil is about a bluesman of the mississippi/louisiana, johnsonn, or somenthing similar, not jimi endrix, but it's always fun when japanese mix people and stories from occidental culture

My take on this is that anyone who invokes the same 'spell' in a crossroads will draw a demon "crossover" and has to fulfill the contract (becoming a legend) before they turn 28. It's an interesting way of explaining the curse of 27. It seems that it was Shiori's brother who did the spell, and since he "is now 33" I wonder if he died, and how Shiori got stuck with the contract.

I really like how Jimi is portrayed as wanting only to play guitar again. That seems very realistic, and he started out doing blues so talking about it makes a lot of sense. The art is also cool, it evokes the style that was popular back in the 60's and 70's,

I see several arcs coming out of this, but none of them will likely occur. Sadness. I may be tempted to pop out a fanfic of one of them, but I have a zillion projects going already (My current fave is an Elsanna visual novel) so who knows.

I reallllly want the next chapter to come out

On a God-I'm-dating-myself note; my wife attended Woodstock and says it was incredible. The parts she remembers anyway.

joined May 24, 2014
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shiori_experience_jimi_na_watashi_to_hen_na_oji_san_ch09#49

and the socially inferior have learned their place

Classic bullying scene, probably the brass band teacher's doing.

As usual, they will overcome.

And Shiori's probably going to score Soccer-sensei in the end.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Holy shit this manga is so good, its so inspiring, I fucking shudder as I'm reading
promptly goes pick up my bass
Can't wait to see their bass player >w<

last edited at Aug 6, 2015 4:31AM

joined May 24, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shiori_experience_jimi_na_watashi_to_hen_na_oji_san_ch09#49

and the socially inferior have learned their place

Classic bullying scene, probably the brass band teacher's doing.

As usual, they will overcome.

And Shiori's probably going to score Soccer-sensei in the end.

From what I can tell it looks quite unlikely

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

Holy shit this manga is so good, its so inspiring, I fucking shudder as I'm reading
promptly goes pick up my bass
Can't wait to see their bass player >w<

Me too, only my guitar. Our living room looks like a music store (2 basses, 4 guitars, piano, amps and cords) but none of us has used one in about three years and that was only to play Rocksmith. Maybe that's one of the appeals to older readers; who didn't want to be in a band at some point during high school?

I'm thinking the paranormal club girl will be the singer, since the theme seems to be opening up to be your real self, and the blonde is intriguing too. I've developed a few theories about how this all came to be, but no potential spoilers!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I bet for the Bass player to be the girl they just passed by.

Little Red Rum
joined Mar 6, 2015

Wow... just wow. I've never felt this hype from reading manga... Each time I scheme through the pages, I felt an impact.
I may not play music instruments but this piece lights a spark in me.
Following your dreams is a wonderful thing.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Wow... just wow. I've never felt this hype from reading manga...

Guess you didn't read many manga then.

Mangakas can make really passionate stories about pretty much anything. It's their skill.

Just read Chihayafuru and you will get passion about a game you don't even understand or will ever be able to play.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

This is one of very few mangas I actually like enough to show people. :-)

Little Red Rum
joined Mar 6, 2015

Wow... just wow. I've never felt this hype from reading manga...

Guess you didn't read many manga then.

Not really. I'm pretty new to the manga community but thanks for the recommendation! I'll gladly read it when I have the time :)

To reply you must either login or sign up.