Forum › I See You, Aizawa-san! discussion
I just realized, those two panels of "where is she" could be a hint? I might just be half asleep, but it almost gave the impression that Honami's spirit was ejected somehow before Nagi(?) could annihilate her. That would also be one possible reason why poor Tear saw what she did: it could have been the ugly aftermath of Nagi frantically searching the body.
Also, how many times have we seen Honami actually speak? I just realized we still didn't this chapter, aside from the last performance.
last edited at Sep 25, 2026 1:11AM
Also, how many times have we seen Honami actually speak? I just realized we still didn't this chapter, aside from the last performance.
The only time Honami's truly said anything was her recent message to Sayaka. Sometimes her SFX border on speech but that's just Japanese onomatopoeia not translating well and Dorothy getting a little loose with the rules for comedy. Even when alive in flashbacks she's never said a word, even going back to the earliest one. There's no hint she's mute; it's only for dramatic purposes.
If Honami remembers everything, her communicating would solve most of the mystery so it can't happen soon. But I really hope she gets to talk before it's over. Dorothy said she was partly inspired by Shibito no Koe wo Kiku ga Yoi, where the main heroine is a ghost who never speaks until the final chapter and you only can guess what she told the protagonist. But I think that's a waste when Honami has so much to her, no matter how expressive she is normally. I mean technically Honami's communicated already so that line's not quite so sacred.
last edited at Sep 25, 2026 5:46AM
OK, that's official. You guys get the sack of salt, I'll get the cross-hilt sword. Someone bring the flamethrower. (Yes, M. Page refference).
the moment aizawa speaks is when she confesses I guess
“Nothing human could have done that to a body.” Never has a manga panel made me feel so unnerved. Just imagining what could’ve possibly mutilated Honami so terribly to the point that blood is leaking out from under the door. The reader left to wonder what horrors Tear could’ve possibly witnessed in that room to leave her in that state. Then you go to the next page and your fears are confirmed if not, worse than you could’ve imagined. What’s left isn’t Honami, in her place is just guts, limbs, and blood, and all you can think is, “Who would do this? Why would someone do this? Just how much hate and rage could drive someone to do something so horrible, so grotesque?”
This is definitely the most uncomfortable chapter I’ve read. You can’t help but feel so helpless, so uncomfortable and disturbed. Dorothy continues to do an amazing job with each chapter. The shift from goofy little ghost manga to a compelling psychological horror is amazing. Every chapter has me on the edge of my seat wanting more. I’m so excited to see where we’ll go from here.
last edited at Sep 26, 2026 1:52AM
Can't deny Karasuma x Tear is endgame after a meet-cute like that. And in 33 they were fun together.
Honestly, Karasuma is fun and I think Tear is probably the only one that would make a sane pairing. Can't wait to go back to the present and see the outcome of Tear realizing why Karasuma wanted to talk to her in the first place, violent fan tendencies aside.
I'll also iterate that Nagi's condition was described differently to Honami's. Honami was 体調が悪い/physically ill while Nagi was simply 不調/unwell. A more generalized term that makes it unclear if Nagi was suffering physically or mentally, but Dorothy has been consistent with symptoms of ghost sickness.
The more I re-read the past two chapters, the more I think Nagi was suffering from depression, without anything supernatural involved. And that her death might have been suicide, for which Honami was present and that she couldn't stop. The phrasing of the circumstances of her death are also highly suspicious.
The "simple" explanation could be that Nagi took her own life, and then became a ghost haunting the rest of the group, then Honami's death and Ange's sickness would have supernatural consequences. Maybe she's the actual killer, maybe not - the role of ghost Michi and possible other hauntings remains unclear in all of this. While I'm not sure simple explanations will cut it, it's at least a grounding possible reading of what we know so far.
It's hard to make out even before my redrawing made it worse but the right half of 21 looks like an impression of Honami's body with broken limbs and strewn organs.
The use of panel 20 is great because it leaves it up to the readers' imagination what Tear has seen, especially when no one else but her has seen it. Panel 21, though... it's nothing concrete but the drawing suggesting bones and viscera is strangely... gory, in a tactful way.
last edited at Sep 26, 2026 7:47AM