Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

wicked. pg 25 has a minor error, fixed https://yuriproject.net/wicked-girl/?PageSpeed=noscript

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I was wondering whether a new tag could be made for Amnesia? There are several stories on this site that have it as a plot point:

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/watashi_no_taisetsu_na_tomodachi
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/bright_and_cheery_amnesia
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/blank
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/blank_continued

last edited at Sep 16, 2016 2:19PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Are all the fixed pages EvilDevil has been reporting the updated versions they've gotten from the scan teams, posted here to bring it to light more quickly, or pages they've resolved to fix themselves, for a quicker update on the reader?

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Friendly reminder that you have to read content in full before you can asses whether it is right or wrong.

oh wait you're serious let me laugh even harder

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Thanks, mods! Since I'm posting here- Will there be a way to know if your upload was rejected?

last edited at Sep 19, 2016 8:46AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Are all the fixed pages EvilDevil has been reporting the updated versions they've gotten from the scan teams, posted here to bring it to light more quickly, or pages they've resolved to fix themselves, for a quicker update on the reader?

The former. I figure I should say here for now, you don't need to make 3 posts about the changes EvilDevil. Making a Upload Request for the change is the preferred option and would be enough.

Will there be a way to know if your upload was rejected?

I don't think theres any plans for that, as the upload requests are handled by a separate thing. I'm no good at explaining such things really, but it's probably not doable essentially.

I was wondering whether a new tag could be made for Amnesia?

That's a pretty good idea for a new tag. It's certainly one to think about. Can you think of any other examples?

last edited at Sep 19, 2016 9:50AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That's a pretty good idea for a new tag. It's certainly one to think about. Can you think of any other examples?

No, those three I linked are the only ones I've found on this site so far. :-(

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Forgive me if this has already been reported but I keep having an error where pressing the forward button in a chapter acts as the backwards button. It happens every few pages or so.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Maybe for 2-3 chapters of the latest A Kiss and a White Lily arc/volume, but its probs a strecth. One of the girls forgot important stuff about her and her childhood friend, mentions that she took a hard fall on her head or something at one point as a kid, that it could be why, tho its not addressed further than that. ==
==she never remembers anything on her own, but from being told, or after looking through childhood mementos

She probs just 'normally' forgot a chunk of stuff, but her not recalling a rather large amount of details is an important plot device for their arc
Edit: meh nvm, probs shouldnt tag it anyway, its kinda a spoiler

last edited at Sep 20, 2016 12:49PM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Idea - Stealth Tags: tags applied to uploads that don't show up when viewing the upload list or when looking at the upload itself, but can be searched for and used in black/whitelists.

I imagine it useful for marking spoiler-related tags that either a user looks for in uploads but at the same time don't want spoiled ex. marriage or amnesia, or when a user strongly dislikes plot points/devices that usually doesn't get tagged due to being spoiler-related ex. something like het ending.

last edited at Sep 22, 2016 2:53PM

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Idea - Stealth Tags: tags applied to uploads that don't show up when viewing the upload list or when looking at the upload itself, but can be searched for and used in black/whitelists.

I imagine it useful for marking spoiler-related tags that either a user looks for in uploads but at the same time don't want spoiled ex. marriage or amnesia, or when a user strongly dislikes plot points/devices that usually doesn't get tagged due to being spoiler-related ex. something like het ending.

Stealth tags are a thing that are definitely being considered in some way, but as for when or if it could ever happen, that much I don't know.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

what about something for tagless stuffs? i know ive seen a few tagless works here and i have no idea how someone is supposed to find those without already knowing what they are looking for.

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

The gradient in the background of this site just stops at some point when you scroll down enough and you can notice the discontinuity.

what about something for tagless stuffs? i know ive seen a few tagless works here and i have no idea how someone is supposed to find those without already knowing what they are looking for.

A "tagless" tag would present an interesting logical dilemma.

last edited at Sep 23, 2016 8:53AM

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

DrMario posted:

The gradient in the background of this site just stops at some point when you scroll down enough and you can notice the discontinuity.

That's because the css value for background-repeat is set only to repeat-x instead of repeat in general (which it should be)

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

DrMario posted:

That's because the css value for background-repeat is set only to repeat-x instead of repeat in general (which it should be)

While I don't know anything about how to make websites, you can't just repeat a gradient. Even mirroring every other copy would produce a second order discontinuity (if it's a linear gradient), which our eyes are good at picking out. You could probably just stretch the gradient over the whole vertical height of the page. Or over the total vertical height of the screen and keep it locked in place. But I'll leave that to the developers. As I've said, I have no idea how websites work.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

DrMario posted:

DrMario posted:

While I don't know anything about how to make websites, you can't just repeat a gradient. Even mirroring every other copy would produce a second order discontinuity (if it's a linear gradient), which our eyes are good at picking out. You could probably just stretch the gradient over the whole vertical height of the page. Or over the total vertical height of the screen and keep it locked in place. But I'll leave that to the developers. As I've said, I have no idea how websites work.

You can easily repeat this gradient. A lot of web gradients focus on making things which run back to the start at the end so they can be easily repeated. This gradient is one of them. Soft-gradients are tricky (ones defined by color values in code) and so to get around this, web designers often put hard-gradients into very narrow, tall or very wide, short raster format (png, jpg) which is then repeated... as this one does.

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

DrMario posted:

DrMario posted:

You can easily repeat this gradient. A lot of web gradients focus on making things which run back to the start at the end so they can be easily repeated. This gradient is one of them. Soft-gradients are tricky (ones defined by color values in code) and so to get around this, web designers often put hard-gradients into very narrow, tall or very wide, short raster format (png, jpg) which is then repeated... as this one does.

Sorry for going so off topic. But when I search for "css repeat" all the options I'm getting are "repeat", "repeat-x", "repeat-y", "no-repeat", as well as "initial" and "inherit" which I don't fully understand.
It sounds like what you want is "repeat", but when I open the devtool and replace "repeat-x" with "repeat", it looks horrible as expected.
Then, I tried replacing the background strip with two copies of itself, one of them mirrored so it's a strip that's twice as long and wraps properly. That also looks hella annoying (But for different reasons than I expected). You can see for yourself, here is the texture: http://s22.postimg.org/5a551mpr5/background_53c84c6526385c136e9d19490e1f7521_2.png

last edited at Sep 23, 2016 1:05PM

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

I realized how to make the gradient good-looking. Use this file instead: http://s18.postimg.org/lgn7xmde1/Gradient.png with repeat-x as before.
I created it with an ease-out function and some dithering.

last edited at Sep 24, 2016 2:29PM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

When there is a (not resized) page that is horizontally scrollable, the area you have to click on to get to the next page isn't positioned correctly. It's positioned at all times where it would be if the page were resized.

last edited at Sep 26, 2016 5:52AM

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

The former. I figure I should say here for now, you don't need to make 3 posts about the changes EvilDevil. Making a Upload Request for the change is the preferred option and would be enough.

But readers won't find out about updates if they're just stealth-fixed in the background. Maybe there should be a separate "File updates" thread for announcing updates to already published works?

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

But readers won't find out about updates if they're just stealth-fixed in the background. Maybe there should be a separate "File updates" thread for announcing updates to already published works?

Majority of fixes are minor spelling mistakes and corrections like that, so I'm not sure why it would be important for readers to know about those. Even if they do want that though, then EvilDevil should limit his fixed page notifications to the thread for the manga and upload requests. Posting them in this thread doesn't really help at all.

Fixed the link tho.

last edited at Sep 26, 2016 1:10PM

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

Maybe it's just me, but I collect manga in my personal library. Update notices would help keep that library up-to-date.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

I guess if there are people who use it outside of Staff, it's fine to keep posting it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.