Forum › Posts by maco

maco
Image Comments 06 Jan 11:20
Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011
43966278_p7

@juanelric I said "French" twice intentionally; The character is of French nationality, and she's a French teacher - as in teacher of the French language.

maco
Image Comments 18 Oct 20:35
joined Apr 2, 2011
43966278_p7

@Hollows You don't necessarily want them to be unrelated, but variation every now and then doesn't hurt. You're swapping one kink for another; instead of siscest it's teacher x student.

There's an ongoing fanfic called "The Language of Love" by Walard with this setting. In it, Anna is an Arendellian high school student and Elsa her new unrelated, 10 years older French ex-model French teacher. Can recommend, as well as Walard's earlier story "Only One Year" (where they were sisters).

last edited at Oct 18, 2019 8:43PM

joined Apr 2, 2011

Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! ch53 is from "Yuri Hime Vol 91: 2019.10" (stamp on page 3).

Revisiting Whispering You a Love Song by Takeshima Eku after my earlier posts from 30 Jun and 28 Jul 2019:

Chapter 4 is listed with "Yuri Hime Vol 88: 2019.7", but it should be "Vol 87: 2019.6" (stamp on page 9).

Then, for chapters 6 and 7:

• ch06 has an ad for Yuri Hime 2019.10 on page 6 labeled "07";
  • amazon.co.jp has 「竹嶋えく[ささやくように恋を唄う]」 ("Takeshima Eku [Whispering You a Love Song]") listed in the contents of 2019.9, 2019.10 and the upcoming 2019.11 (but not 2019.8);
  • ch06 scanlation is dated one day after the release of Yuri Hime 2019.9 (2019-07-18 → 2019-07-19);
  • ch07 scanlation is dated one day after the release of Yuri Hime 2019.10 (2019-08-20 → 2019-08-21); and
  • the page numbers of ch06 and ch07 coincide with the ones given for a chapter of the series on the contents pages of YH 2019.9 and 2019.10, respectively, in Amazon's preview,

so it's extremely likely that:

• ch06 is from Yuri Hime Vol 90: 2019.9, and
  • ch07 is from Yuri Hime Vol 91: 2019.10.

The release date of Yuri Hime 2019.11 is 2019-09-18. If a scanlation of chapter 8 appears on the 19th of September (or thereabouts), it should be safe to assume it's from that magazine.

Missing chapter titles in "Mirai no Fuufu Desu Kedo?" by Yuu Nonaka:

• Chapter 1: Scarf
  • Chapter 2: Forgotten
  • Chapter 3: Fashion

last edited at Sep 13, 2019 12:55AM

joined Apr 2, 2011

The latest chapter titles for Ouji-sama Nante Iranai by Harushion are missing:

• Chapter 111: Promise
  • Chapter 112: Curtain Close
  • Chapter 113: Distance
  • Chapter 114: Something New
  • Chapter 115: Ghost Member
joined Apr 2, 2011

OrangePekoe posted:

Meikakuna

Could the site have an email notification when a manga is licensed, similar to the notifications you get when a new chapter comes out? It would be quite difficult for me to constantly check every manga I'm subscribed to or have read to see if one's been licensed.

This would be a great feature. We've talked a lot in the past about how to increase visibility for licensed works and how to better integrate that reality into the site. I'm afraid that e-mail notifications are a no-go at the moment, but we could attempt to build a thread of licensed work on - or previously on - the site, or something to that effect.

I'd be interested to find out about new commercial yuri publications even if they're not and have never been available on Dynasty.

You might even say it's more important to have it mentioned in a "Commercial English-language Yuri Publications" thread, if the manga doesn't have a presence on Dynasty otherwise. Otherwise you'd need to scour thru Amazon and all the various commercial web manga sites every other month or so. And Amazon's keyword system really isn't geared towards finding yuri manga.

last edited at Aug 31, 2019 1:52PM

joined Apr 2, 2011

In the series "Angel x Demon" by Shimmer, the recent image post (2019-06-11) is redundant, since it's already present as the opening page (#0) of ch01. Even the source links on both point to the same patch of 12 images on Pixiv (id=69854367 from 2018-07-25).

last edited at Aug 29, 2019 1:32AM

joined Apr 2, 2011

I think the order the chapters appear in the tankoubon is the correct one every time.

If you label it as "0.5", the reader can make an informed decision on whether to start with that.

last edited at Aug 28, 2019 3:06PM

joined Apr 2, 2011
OrangePekoe wrote:

The distinction between Front Page and Recently Added is something that's been brought up to me a lot lately - along with that between release date and post date - so any thoughts one has to share are appreciated.

I certainly appreciate the "recently added" list, and it's the way I keep up to date on releases (backlog, since I'm lazy).

In fact I can't think of how the "New Scanlations" list on the main page would be usable for anything but casual browsing. It certainly isn't if you don't want to miss any releases: a couple of months' delay in the post will make the chapter magically appear on page 20, where no one will ever spot it. It's only for series where, once a later chapter appears, you'd go hunting - for one-shots you'll miss the story entirely.

I have a few notes about B.G.M.R.S.P. by Kawai Rou:

It seems the part currently labeled "Chapter 5" is actually the extra "Chapter 0.5" from volume 1: it contains the afterword for that volume, as seen on the the last page.

The actual chapter 5 has been uploaded on Mangadex: https://mangadex.org/chapter/326859/1.

Furthermore, it seems the original Yuri Hime publication date for the actual Chapter 5 (from this page from volume 2) has been applied to that extra chapter. Since it's an extra chapter, it was probably never published in Yuri Hime.

The chapters should be divided into volumes thus:

• Volume 1: ch. 1 - 4 + extra 0.5 (currently labeled "5")
  • Volume 2: (the currently missing) ch. 5; ch. 6 - 8, extras 8.1 and 8.2.

last edited at Aug 28, 2019 2:43AM

joined Apr 2, 2011

"Whispering You a Love Song" by Takeshima Eku, Chapter 6

• has the title "Confessions and Bewilderment"; and
  • originally appeared in Yuri Hime 2019.9 September (Vol 90; released 2019-07-18) - it has an ad for Yuri Hime 2019.10 October (Vol 91; to be released 2019-08-20) on page 6.

The link to Tranquil Spring's page is (long) dead.

Instead of just removing it, I'd suggest removing the link but leaving the text, along with the info that the site is dead but old copies can be accessed on the Wayback Machine.

The latest copy is from February of 2015. Most download links are dead, but some work.

Same for Yurikai - although I think the link has been "fixed" by having it point to Dynasty. If you try to follow it, you get an error of the page not existing.

In this case, the last working copy on the Wayback Machine is no older than January of 2018 (although the last post on the site is from October of 2013).

"Witch Meets Knight" by Inumaru, Chapter 6 was originally published in Hirari Vol 10.

Chapters of "A Manga About a Hero who Pulled Out the Holy Sword and Became a Girl" by Fukuoka Taro are tagged with Pixiv, but I couldn't find them there. They're on Twitter instead.

last edited at Jul 28, 2019 7:13AM

joined Apr 2, 2011

OrangePekoe wrote:

I'm aware of its origins, I don't believe adding that anthology page to the site is interesting enough to justify. I'll try to keep in mind in such future instances that still having some link back/extra info is nice, maybe in the first post of the forum thread.

Maybe you could consider adding a functionality where when you posted a one-shot (or the first entry in a series), the system would automatically add a first "(reserved)" post in the discussion thread? That way, any required info and announcements could be edited in that post at any later date?

The missing original publication magazines for the anthology "Spice Girls" by Ohsawa Yayoi can be found on page 25 of the 5th/last story, "The Wife Next Door".

4 - Teacher Graduation: Last Half - Yuri Hime 2014.7 (vol43)
5 - The Wife Next Door - Yuri Hime 2015.1 (vol46)

last edited at Jul 19, 2019 3:35AM

joined Apr 2, 2011

I tried finding the original publication magazines for "Whispering You a Love Song" by Takeshima Eku.

Chapters 3 - 5 were easy, since the magazine markers are found on some pages:

• ch03: Yuri Hime 2019.5 ⇒ Vol 86
  • ch04: Yuri Hime 2019.6 ⇒ Vol 87
  • ch05: Yuri Hime 2019.7 ⇒ Vol 88

The assumption that chapter 2 was published in the previous issue to chapter 3 is confirmed by an ad on page 23 for an issue 5 of Yuri Hime to be released 18th March (2019.5). So chapter 2 is 2019.4.

On the first page of chapter 2 there is the text 「待望の新連載、2話同時掲載でスタート!!」, which translantes to something like "Long-awaited new series, starting with 2 chapters!!". The page numbers also seem to be consequtive across chapters 1 - 2, with only one page between missing, so chapter 1 was in the same magazine as 2.

• ch01-02: Yuri Hime 2019.4 ⇒ Vol 85

The author Shin Takekawa should be Takekawa Shin. https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=29280

The oneshot "I want to be bullied by a Gal like her!" by Mochi Au Lait is from Vol 3 of this anthology:

ひょっとしてギャルは俺らに優しいのでは? アンソロジーコミック (3)
Hyottoshite Gyaru wa Orera ni Yasashii Node wa? Anthology Comic (3)
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=140498

Gals being unexpectedly agreeable/kind to people. All online translators give "Maybe the Gal Is Kind to Us?", but I don't trust that. Even if were literally correct, it doesn't sound right in English - seems to me like some meaning has been lost.

I don't know whether adding this to the data would be very useful though, since it seems the other stories across all three volumes are non-yuri, almost all with a male protagonist.

Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - "The female university life I look up to" (MangaDex) is the only other one primarily female-female, although even it is only friendship with very slight subtext:
* in university, none of the women in the group of "gals" are stated as dating guys or even express any interest;
* the protagonist when invited to a drinking party by a male student "to make friends" imagines making female friends;
* the gyaru group leader seems very protective of the protagonist.

joined Apr 2, 2011

"Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita!" by Nanatsu Mukunoki has missing original magazine publication data:

Vol 3

• ch21,22,23 - Yuri Hime Vol 71
  • ch24 - Yuri Hime Vol 72
  • ch25,26 - Yuri Hime Vol 73
  • ch27,28 - Yuri Hime Vol 74
  • ch29 - Yuri Hime Vol 75

Vol 4

• ch30,31 - Yuri Hime Vol 76
  • ch32,33 - Yuri Hime Vol 77
  • ch34,34.5,35 - Yuri Hime Vol 78
  • ch36 - Yuri Hime Vol 79

Vol 5

• ch37,38 - Yuri Hime Vol 80
  • ch39,40 - Yuri Hime Vol 81
  • ch41,42 - Yuri Hime Vol 82
  • ch43 - Yuri Hime Vol 83
  • ch43.5 - none

Vol 6

NOTE: ch44,45,46 belong in Vol 6 and not Vol 5. Source: Contents page of Vol 6.

• ch44 - Yuri Hime Vol 84
  • ch45 - Yuri Hime Vol 85
  • ch46 - Yuri Hime Vol 86
  • ch47,48 - Yuri Hime Vol 87
  • ch49,50,51 - Yuri Hime Vol 88
  • ch51.5 - none
joined Apr 2, 2011

The volume numbering for Yuri Hime is a bit odd.

I don't think the magazine has used plain "Vol N" style numbering since July of 2010 ("Vol.21, Summer 2010"). They then transitioned to a bi-montly schedule, with the next issue being "2011.1 January", released in November of 2010.

I propose adding the official numbering: "season year" for the earliest issues (same as Yuri Hime S), and "year.month" for the later ones:

Yuri Hime Vol 21: Summer 2010
Yuri Hime Vol 22: 2011.1

I can provide a full list of mappings if needed.

joined Apr 2, 2011

Regarding the discussion of Lolicon versus Loli:

A significant issue that exists under either the current system or a system involving a new tag would be a really important question; at what point does a story cross over from "wholesome" to degenerate? And what should those on the fringes be tagged? A lot of this is down to personal standards. I'd generally lean in the more conservative direction given the nature of the content, but the issue still remains - some people are going to be missing out on some stories that they'd otherwise enjoy. Anyway, I'll take this up higher and be sure to give a more official reply at a later date. Thanks again!

I suppose you'd just have to set a boundary somewhere and I think here the stricter approach would be preferable, since the cliff to degenerate is pretty steep for this one.

My suggestion is that a story would be classified as Lolicon if at least one of these held true:

• any sexual activity involving lolis
  • any romantic activity between a loli and and older individual (or non-human)
  • a loli portrayed in a sexual or suggestive way (such as scantily clad, panty shots, etc.)

That would leave only the completely wholesome stories as Loli. As far as romance goes, only stories with at most only innocent romantic stuff between lolis would be allowed.

Even with my three points above, the question remains how suggestions of sexual or romantic activity should be classified - like:

• a loli mentioning/implying/teasing about having had sex with someone or
  • a loli mentioning/implying/teasing about wanting to have sex.

Doesn't seem too wholesome to me... Maybe that could be the "fringe" and classified as Lolicon (suggestive), or some such. If you then wanted to differentiate Lolicon more clearly from that, it could be changed to Lolicon (explicit).

last edited at Jun 23, 2019 11:21AM

joined Apr 2, 2011

Seems like 2017 wasn't a good year for us! I changed it now, though I wonder if I ought to go check the rest of your post history now, given that I suspect your next post will be in the same vein?

I don't think that's necessary.

I used to be pretty good at following through if my correction suggestions didn't garner attention, but since I was mostly absent from the site between mid-Dec 2017 and spring 2019, I never got around to doing so for this one before now.

I myself just went through my posts from back then and the MASULAO thing was the only outstanding issue I found.

joined Apr 2, 2011

Back in October 8, 2017, I posted this:

MASULAO MAXIMUM is listed as the author on Dynasty, with Nagi Kazekawa listed as an alias. In actual fact, the author is Kazekawa Nagi, and their circle is MASULAO MAXIMUM. Perhaps there is a reason why the works are listed under the circle name?

On doujinshi.org:
https://www.doujinshi.org/browse/author/4367/Kazekawa-Nagi/
https://www.doujinshi.org/browse/circle/2509/MASULAO-MAXIMUM/

I don't see any changes - even the real name listed as alias still has the names backwards - and there also haven't been any posts denying the correction suggestion. Did anyone ever look into this?

last edited at Jun 21, 2019 6:41PM

joined Apr 2, 2011

In "Shiori Experience" by Machida Kazuya and Osada Yu-Ko:

• Chapters 24 - 28 should be listed under volume 6.
  • Chapter 29 (and onwards) should be listed under volume 7.

A funny side note: I made a similar post April 1, 2017 to move chapter 19 to volume 5. Having taken a bit of time off manga since then, it seems in the meantime no one noticed or cared enough to report this. :-)

joined Apr 2, 2011

I was wondering whether it was possible to manually adjust (or affect in any way) the numbering on the "numbered list" format? (As I understand it, the number used in formatting only works to mark the line as numbered list item, with the number itself always being ignored.)

Sometimes you have a a list of stories in a volume, for instance, with some of them missing in the middle, so you want to skip a number or two, but using the numbered list formatting would still be nice.

Another use case would be that sometimes you have a continuous list of numbered entries, but want to split up the list into multiple parts (for commenting or sub-headings between); all the while having the numbering continue where it left off before the break.

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 9:59AM

joined Apr 2, 2011

I believe a few more one-shots should be linked to the volume Restless Kiss by Aoko.

Currently listed are

Additional entries already found on Dynasty as one-shots:

Missing stories:

• 9 - Hono Akari

Source: Restless Kiss on Baka-Updates Manga.

Release post link for Even Though We're Adults ch01 by Shimura Takako:
https://akibadetectives.tumblr.com/post/185374180425/even-though-were-adults-chapter-1-new-ff-manga

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 5:41PM

joined Apr 2, 2011

Student x Student = School life, College. And sure, it's possible that my suggestion wouldn't work for 100% of the stories (I even specifically mentioned that it should work more often than not) , but it should work for most of them. Just having School life should work for most of the cases in which there's a non-minor teacher character who isn't involved romantically with anyone in the story (as opposed to how I imagine the tag used: a teacher who's part of a couple in the story, whoever their pair may be).

Having Teacher stand for "Relationship Involving a Teacher" would obfuscate things unnecessarily; that's not the meaning of the word "teacher". Using such shorthands (a word stands for an expanded meaning related to it) would make the site harder to use for everyone, but especially to newcomers.

Student x Teacher is a common kink people like - as well as I suppose a complete turn-off for some people. That's why it has special importance that a teacher having any other relationship doesn't have. Spelling it out avoids having to decipher non-obvious coded keywords or keyword combinations, and functions as a clear warning flag if that's not your cup of tea.

Relationships between teachers or a teacher and an adult girlfriend would be Co-Workers or Adult Life, possibly together with Romance, Marriage or some of the sex-related tags. Here the professional position doesn't matter much at all, since there is no teacher-student dynamic or power imbalance involved (or indeed the "teacher trying to hold back her desires" trope). Any people searching for such stories would most likely be interested in reading about any adult professionals.

joined Apr 2, 2011

(I think Teacher x Student can continue as a separate tag though)

If we get Teacher, it'd probably be better to ditch Teacher x Student. Combined with School girl, School life or College, Teacher alone should get the job done more often than not.

But what if the story involves only Teacher x Teacher and Student x Student yuri, but absolutely zero Teacher x Student yuri?

I agree with this. Logically, Teacher doesn't equate Teacher x Student. Even Teacher tag and a Student or School girl tag being present in the same story shouldn't imply there is any teacher x student content - especially since people are used to it being designated by Teacher x Student.

To me, the crux of the issue is that Teacher x Student informs of a central relationship in the story, whereas Teacher should inform of only of a non-minor character who's a teacher.

If the problem is too many tags in the system, adding Teacher won't help. Removing the more useful Teacher x Student to make room is counterproductive.

If the problem is too many tags per story, you could make it a policy to limit the use of Teacher to situations where Teacher x Student is not applicable.

last edited at Apr 28, 2019 8:04AM

joined Apr 2, 2011

Page numbering (and ordering) for Yamada to Kase-san ch05 is funky:

Page 10 (the last page of the chapter) is between pages 1 and 2.

Instead of padding with zeroes up to three digits, it seems "00" has just been added in front of every page number (apart from the "Extra").

joined Apr 2, 2011

"Keiko and Fuuko and the End of the World" by Sakamoto Mano, currently listed as a Yuri Hime one-shot, is also part of the anthonogy "Dark, Marsh, Nightwood".

The correct part ordering (for parts currently present on Dynasty) is:
1. Wicked Girl
3. Keiko and Fuuko and the End of the World
4. Dark, Marsh, Nightwood
5. A Date with Suwako-san

joined Apr 2, 2011

If we're thinking of the same gif/video, it was handball, not volley-.

joined Apr 2, 2011

Is there a thread for announcements for (official) English published yuri manga? If there isn't there should be - and it should be stickied.

How it would work is, every time a new volume comes out (or is about to come out, with publication date given), the first one who spots it would make a post in the thread. That way others would find out (before it goes out of print).

I like to buy most yuri manga that comes out in English. Only it gets bothersome to search thru the whole list of my favourite yuri mangakas on a bookstore's page every few months.

And I'm sorry if I missed the thread - tried googling "site:dynasty-scans.com english published manga", but found only series-specific threads and the general manga thread.

last edited at Nov 15, 2017 12:28PM