Forum › Posts by DrMario

DrMario
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

Dropped this after chapter 2. The writing felt awful.

If you dropped because it felt cliche and predictable, then I'd recommend continuing. That's what I thought, but it very much surprised me.

It is cliché but I actually dropped it because it is the opposite of predictable. I just don't get what kind of mood the author is trying to create. In chapter 2, Mishio goes, within a few pages, from collapsing on the floor, to kissing and making bedroom eyes to the MC, to being all blasé, to kissing her again, to having a laughing fit. Her behavior is too erratic and the manga doesn't establish any kind of mood so it's all just a pointless mess to me.

last edited at Feb 9, 2018 12:27PM

DrMario
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

Dropped this after chapter 2. The writing felt awful.

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

wtf was the editor thinking?

last edited at Aug 14, 2017 6:08AM

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

I don't get the solar eclipse / desk pad and the "cats cry meow" parts.

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

I may be wrong, but the Non-Moe art tag should be here?

The art style is pretty cute in my opinion.

DrMario
Beloved L discussion 03 Apr 14:53
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

I didn't get what the importance of the eggs carton was. The girl forgot to buy a new one, I guess? Why is that relevant?

If you look at the tail of the speech bubble in that panel, it seems the girl was asking the Doctor to buy a new carton of eggs. The Doctor then replied that she would buy more eggs, but she purposely chose not to. The lack of a new egg carton (and the emptying egg carton) foreshadowed the limit on the girl's stay at Doc's home and possibly an attempt to end the relationship. If the Doctor had bought more eggs, then it would be safe for the girl to believe she can stay longer because someone has to eat them.

Eggs = a promise of a place to be. She figured it out.

Ah, right, the speech bubble is squarish, implying that it came from the phone. I thought it was the doctor who asked the girl to buy some more eggs on her way home. But that wouldn't have made sense anyway because she just said she'd pick her up from school.

last edited at Apr 3, 2017 2:53PM

DrMario
Beloved L discussion 03 Apr 05:34
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

I didn't get what the importance of the eggs carton was. The girl forgot to buy a new one, I guess? Why is that relevant?

DrMario
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

Damn it. I was also in the process to typeset this. I have about 80 pages done (further than the other guy). Should I post it?

DrMario
Beloved L discussion 26 Feb 16:10
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

11f: "who will really, really, really loves you" -> either "will love you" or "loves you"

DrMario
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

"incomplete" tag for partially uploaded works.

DrMario
MahoPre discussion 15 Feb 20:07
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

There are actually 4 pages missing. Is there an incomplete tag?
Here's the full doujin: akimbo.sakura.ne.jp/mahopuri.zip

last edited at Feb 15, 2017 8:13PM

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

Page 19 "thorought" should be "throughout"

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

If the wolf fell unconscious amidst the berries, surely she would have realized what it was that she ate when she woke up? The berries are right there, she didn't eat all of them.

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

Chapter 27, page 18, panel 2: "Realy" should be "Really"

Also, chapter 28 and the internet shorts are out of order.

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

Page 9 "pysched up" should be "psyched up"

DrMario
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

Have you guys heard of "Don't feed the trolls"?
People like that aren't interested in your arguments. Ignore them, quietly downvote them, block them. If you have the authority, delete their posts. But don't shower them with attention.

last edited at Jan 1, 2017 8:51PM

DrMario
Beloved L discussion 24 Dec 09:27
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

10b: "fireworkds"
10c: "hwo" is not a plausible typo when one-finger-typing. How about "hpw"?

DrMario
Hana no Iro discussion 09 Dec 14:14
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

ch 26, pg 24: "cherising"
ch 26, pg 32: "my mon"

last edited at Dec 4, 2016 7:10AM

DrMario
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

Not bad.

I don't get the first sentence in the author's afterword.

Senpai was heterosexual as far as she knew, and was "passive" in her first lesbian experience. Then she obsessed over it and decided to actively pursue more sex, and then a full relationship, with Anna.

It still doesn't make sense. If this is what the translator meant, calling her a "passive heterosexual turned active" is not only confusing, it's just wrong. The only way to interpret that is that she turned into an active heterosexual.

last edited at Nov 27, 2016 5:18AM

DrMario
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch34#14

Omg, I wonder what will happen in vol. 7~
So curious >.<

I should have written "Volume X" to make it more clear that it was just a joke. I wouldn't put actual spoilers in.

DrMario
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

In chapter 33, on page 47, it says "squad" when it should be "squat".

So it does. Corrected chapter should be up soon.

DrMario
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

My tag suggestion would be: Breaking the 4th wall Since this image does just that. And there might be other series,doujins, and/or images that do it.

That's not explicit 4th wall breaking. We could be seeing from the perspective of a person within the scene.

DrMario
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

I've since found out that this effect is highly dependent on the browser. Firefox doesn't have any such problems, but Edge does.

DrMario
Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

NicoMaki Manga by Drill error in pg 2 was fixed
http://zoquatre.tumblr.com/post/151967336545/nicomaki-manga-ichinoya-formerly-drill

Like was said above, please don't post these here anymore. If you want to make it more public, have a separate thread for it EvilDevil.

I'm beginning to think EvilDevil isn't actually reading the thread.

Suggestion:
Resized images often look pretty bad on this reader. Take for instance this page:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/secret_honeys_absolute_territory
When you resize this image, ugly Moire patterns start to appear (especially in the black hair, but it depends on the resolution you're using). This is caused by poor resampling. If you download the image and open it in a (decent) image viewer, the quality will be much better.
Of course, having no webdev experience, I can only offer limited input on what to do about it. If this were an app I was writing I would simply implement a better algorithm, but CSS doesn't seem to have good options for this. What one could do is store all images in multiple resolutions and display a version that is close to the desired one. Then any artifacts caused by poor sampling algorithms would be decreased in visibility (I think). It should also save bandwidth, especially on mobile.

Edit: A visual example of what I mean. Both images are downsized to ~56% but as you can see, IrfanView does a much better job.

last edited at Oct 20, 2016 8:36PM