Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Suggestion: Make discussions of tags or pairings have their own thing. Currently discussing any tag or pairing or such will just be labeled "Chapter Discussion"

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

Maybe it's just me, but I collect manga in my personal library. Update notices would help keep that library up-to-date.

I guess if there are people who use it outside of Staff, it's fine to keep posting it.

I have my own offline library as well but posting updates in this thread is not gonna help me much. Most update posts are of no interest to me and they are not sorted in any way to make them digestible to me. And they clutter up the discussion of actual improvement suggestions. It would be much better to send me an email with the notification that a chapter that I'm subscribed to was updated. Ideally make it optional whether I get chapter update notifications too, or only notifications for new chapters. On-site notifications would also be a good thing but also require more coding.
As it stands, posting updates in the series discussion thread is better than nothing but has a >90% chance that I won't read it.

Edit: Thanks, Faust.

last edited at Sep 27, 2016 6:37AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

(Is there any way to make two separate quotes without writing some filler text inbetween?

God, quoting sucks in this forum)

joined Jun 12, 2016

I was wondering if some sort of hash could be added for pages in the json api so a local/cached file can be verified to match the remote one without re-downloading the entire file

Greenishapples27
joined Sep 21, 2016

You should be able to search two tags at once. I understand you may already be able to do that with advance search, I could not get that to work, or it is unclear how to do it. Maybe make it more clear, or just put a place (after already in a tag) to add another. Example: I am in the Full Color tag, and I want to find something in full color with feet, there could be a button where you put another tag. Or something of the sort. Make it easier to narrow down the choices, or help find a mores pacific category of manga.

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

You should be able to search two tags at once. I understand you may already be able to do that with advance search, I could not get that to work, or it is unclear how to do it. Maybe make it more clear, or just put a place (after already in a tag) to add another. Example: I am in the Full Color tag, and I want to find something in full color with feet, there could be a button where you put another tag. Or something of the sort. Make it easier to narrow down the choices, or help find a mores pacific category of manga.

There is a way to limit a search for manga. Make sure that you have the advance search options and there should be a field marked "with tags". In that text field, start typing the tags you want. It should pop up with some suggestions, and you can click on them to add the tag or whatever to the search. To remove tags there is an x next to it that you can click. On the images page it's the same deal.

Hopefully that helps a little.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So, about that Amnesia tag... I am still uncertain who exactly has the authority to create new tags on this site.

last edited at Oct 5, 2016 11:22AM

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

So, about that Amnesia tag... I am still uncertain who exactly has the authority to create new tags on this site.

All staff members can create tags. The amnesia seems like it might be a bit too spoiler-y though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

All staff members can create tags. The amnesia seems like it might be a bit too spoiler-y though.

All the amnesia stuff to date that I'm aware of has the amnesia up-front, rather than as a twist. I can see cases where it would be, but they seem to be uncommon.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nezchan posted:

All the amnesia stuff to date that I'm aware of has the amnesia up-front, rather than as a twist. I can see cases where it would be, but they seem to be uncommon.

Easy solution would be tagging only stuff that has amnesia as the main premise then. You can add a short explanation of tag as well to make its use clear.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Nezchan posted:

Easy solution would be tagging only stuff that has amnesia as the main premise then.

As Nez said, that would cover all of the examples brought up here thus far.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Nezchan posted:

Easy solution would be tagging only stuff that has amnesia as the main premise then.

As Nez said, that would cover all of the examples brought up here thus far.

My main concern for making the tag is whether there's enough material to warrant it, it could work but one or two more works involving it would be helpful.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

With amount of joke tags and tags that were made just for one series, I really think we have more than enough amnesia works. Like for example, I'm pretty sure the only reason we have Butts tag is because of Is My Hobby Weird?. Better example is Ham or even Bread is a good one.

last edited at Oct 6, 2016 2:25PM

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

With amount of joke tags and tags that were made just for one series, I really think we have more than enough amnesia works. Like for example, I'm pretty sure the only reason we have Butts tag is because of Is My Hobby Weird?. Better example is Ham or even Bread is a good one.

Joke tags are essential to ensure the site functions properly.

Seriously though, I'm fine with adding the amnesia tag if that's what people want.
I don't really contribute anything to this site nowadays though, so I'll leave the decision up to drp~

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Michan posted:

My Hand Holding tag was rejected though.

last edited at Oct 6, 2016 4:28PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Went ahead and made the Amnesia tag, it seems like something that can be used occasionally, despite the limited number of works with it at the minute.

Sorry, it's a fun idea, but it certainly seems like a tag idea that could be easily abused and requested. I mean, where would the line be drawn with it?

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Michan posted:

Hand holding is not to be joked with. it's srs bsns.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Michan posted:

We already have the NSFW tag for such lewdness.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

drpepperfan posted:

Went ahead and made the Amnesia tag, it seems like something that can be used occasionally, despite the limited number of works with it at the minute.

Sorry, it's a fun idea, but it certainly seems like a tag idea that could be easily abused and requested. I mean, where would the line be drawn with it?

I thought if any work was worth getting this tag, it would be this one. It was supposed to be a silly joke, since they hold hands for 2/3 duration of the story. Honestly, adding this tag there at this point won't really have the same impact, so I'm just being a bit salty.

Michan posted:

Michan posted:

Exactly. That is why I wanted to warn them in case someone wouldn't be able to handle such excessive amount of hand holding. After all, it isn't just 1-2 pages, but 12!

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

Just a quick thing, but possibly a Roleplaying tag. Like if two girls are playing patient and nurse, or one is a maid and the other a servant, maybe even making up scenarios during sex. Any thoughts?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just a quick thing, but possibly a Roleplaying tag. Like if two girls are playing patient and nurse, or one is a maid and the other a servant, maybe even making up scenarios during sex. Any thoughts?

It would almost certainly be a spoiler in every case where it applies.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

If ppl wanted to keep track of chapters with that element, maybe you can just make a list, or start a thread listing the chapters, with the first post updated. Tho there arent that many, barely a handful. I remember like, 2.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

It would almost certainly be a spoiler in every case where it applies.

Well, almost every tags spoil an aspect of the so-tagged story.
Talking about tag suggestion here, I'm allowing to quote myself :

Utoptia said

Wouldn't a tag, different from Het, Bissexual and such, warning for the heterosexuality (not necessarily in a love triangle setting) be a good idea. I mean, I do hate (and I can safely state I'm not the only one) wild het girls in my yuri and the bitterness it carries. I believe a non-spoiling tag that could prevent readers from accidentally reading a story including a het girl would be an appreciated plus on our beloved reader. Like Het girl or 0 out of 5 on the yuri scale.

joined Aug 16, 2015

Hi! Just passing by to ask if this is normal. Been having those kinds of problems with IRC for a while. Well, not like I'm very active nowadays anyway...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hi! Just passing by to ask if this is normal. Been having those kinds of problems with IRC for a while. Well, not like I'm very active nowadays anyway...

Well obviously an error isn't normal by definition. I can't get it to load either, though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.