Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

...I think we all know what that dude bought at the convenience store. Let's just hope that No Rae comes to the rescue before the guy got his hands on Seol A

I think we don't. I think we can have our good guesses, of course :)

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

As always thanks Halmoni.
And I'm not a native speaker also, so can someone tell me what: If that bastard doesn't let loose over there, we can say he's completely crazy. means in this context?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

And I'm not a native speaker also, so can someone tell me what: If that bastard doesn't let loose over there, we can say he's completely crazy. means in this context?

Not native speaker either but I suppose that mean if he keep going with his act and manage to restrain himself from taking her to bed then he's crazy. Means as a sane man, he will definitely try to jump her >.>

I take this "let loose" as "stop acting the dumb guy without ulterior motive and go for it"

last edited at Apr 8, 2015 8:27AM

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Not native speaker either but I suppose that mean if he keep going with his act and manage to restrain himself from taking her to bed then he's crazy. Means as a sane man, he will definitely try to jump her >.>

I take this "let loose" as "stop acting the dumb guy without ulterior motive and go for it"

Ok Thanks!

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

HypocriticalLiar:

Heh glad to be of service. :3 [And totally forgot it was a electronic lock, but that makes it even better!] Like you said, I reallllly doubt Seol-a will be able to (or purposely won't) tell her, so that she can (attempt to) accost the shorter girl in the latter's apartment. I'm firmly believing this will be canon, and thus eagerly awaiting the next chapter!!

I only remembered it was an electronic lock because I've watched too many K-dramas and most of them have those instead of regular locks with keys. lol. I hope so. The scenario seems too perfect to pass up. But, regardless, it's a fun headcanon. If it doesn't actually occur in the manhwa it makes me wish a fan fic or fan comic would depict it.

Side note:
I just realized that while I love the spelling of Seol-a, I've been saying her name wrong this whole time. And I can't seem to pronounce it the correct way. Something about the "r" sound keeps tripping my tongue up. ^^;

Also, I made a thing... It's not a serious attempt at fan art. haha.
http://moonfrost13.tumblr.com/post/115842313929/theres-so-much-i-could-say-about-fluttering

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

halmoni,
those last sounds that Seol-a produces at the end of the chapter, are they more in line with Seol-a being drunk or crying? Keep thinking that maybe she'll solve it and get rid of the guy herself this time? Or how should I put it. I don't see the drama happening because of the possible rape itself. There has to be something more sneaky out of this situation. Something that's less obvious to us, readers.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I can't picture a rape here, for one, No-rae is too much a reliable person, who would't let that happen, and Seol-a being displayed as intelligent, she should've already learnt from her mistakes not to let her guard down around men(despite her cute childish behavior sometimes, let's be positive!)... and secretly i was hoping for a situation where Seol-a showing some determination saves No-rae, which would be refreshing, but i guess she will kind of save her eventually by helping her forget her past.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

HypocriticalLiar:

I only remembered it was an electronic lock because I've watched too many K-dramas and most of them have those instead of regular locks with keys. lol. I hope so. The scenario seems too perfect to pass up. But, regardless, it's a fun headcanon. If it doesn't actually occur in the manhwa it makes me wish a fan fic or fan comic would depict it.

Side note:
I just realized that while I love the spelling of Seol-a, I've been saying her name wrong this whole time. And I can't seem to pronounce it the correct way. Something about the "r" sound keeps tripping my tongue up. ^^;

http://moonfrost13.tumblr.com/post/115842313929/theres-so-much-i-could-say-about-fluttering

Haha one can only hope for fanfics and fancomics (heck, maybe you could do it! -kidding kidding- :P )

Also I seriously love that drawing/art or No-rae. I think it sums up everyone's feelings quite nicely.

Note:

I had no idea that there were so many non-native English speakers....I thought most of y'all were fluent. I suppose that means I might be a terrible native speaker (but I'd prefer to think y'all were just really good at English lol).

craptree:

trafi:

I think this is what you (trafi) said, but yeah, the way I interpreted it was that -- if Kyung-woo doesn't follow through on seducing Seol-a when he has all the opportunity in the world, then he's crazy. (i.e. There's no reason (as in, there's nothing preventing him...no cock!block so to speak) for him not to do it, so he'd be insane to not "take her" so to speak).

last edited at Apr 8, 2015 4:06PM

No-rae
joined Mar 23, 2015

On my way home, i got excited while i randomly thought about what might happen to the next chapter. I hope the other passengers are not creeped out by me grinning out of the blue.

These are the collective ideas i got from all of your predictions.

After the last scene, while Kyung-woo tries to get Seol-A out of the current place they are in (or try to kiss her), Seol-A might:

1. Mistook Kyung-woo for No-rae due to her drunkenness and their resemblance (as per Seol-A some chapters ago)
    And then:
    1.A. Seol-A will affectionately call Kyung-woo "No-rae" and then cry and ask why "No-rae" she ignored her, etc.
    1.B. Will nag about how she ignored and treated her for the past few days and says how she's feeling lonely (or whatever she felt) and how important she is.
    1.C. If he tries to force her Seol-A kicks his ass or if No-rae went there, saves Seol-A..the argue then make up ;) *

2. Kyung-woo will be put off by this..he's there but Seol-A is thinking of (talking to) someone else..his ego hurt and then:
    2.A. Proceed with his evil plan (i don't wanna imagine that part)
    __2.A.i. I hope No-rae saves her :(( *
    __2.A.ii. Seol-A sobered up and kicks Kyung-woo's ass. And then she arrives to her appartment will see No-rae waiting for her..talks..make up*
    2.B. Will make him decide to take Seol-A to her apartment instead.
    __2.B.i. If No-rae happened to find them, she'll take charge of getting Seol-A home (dunno, call Ji-Hwan maybe? Cab?). Takes care of her..and realizes her feelings further..will have a monologue while watching the unconscious Seol-A not realizing she's hearing everything *
    __2.B.ii. As Kyung-woo drops Seol-A to her appartment, No-rae finds them, with Seol-A unconscious, and remembers about her lock, then decides to take her home. Kyung-woo will ask No-rae something about her relationship with Seol-A..No-rae said something then it was barely heard by semiconscious Seol-A...and then the one that we all love..a cliff hanger. *

*end of chapter

I'll stop there. This flow chart in my head keeps growing and growing :/

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

HypocriticalLiar:

Haha one can only hope for fanfics and fancomics (heck, maybe you could do it! -kidding kidding- :P )

Also I seriously love that drawing/art or No-rae. I think it sums up everyone's feelings quite nicely.

I actually have been working on a short fan comic (unfortunately, not of that scenario since I started it before this last chapter). I'm 3 panels away from having it completely sketched out. But, reading comics does not make one an expert in creating them so the result could very well be crappy. lol. Nothing like trying. Though I wish I made it simpler. All of these poses are killing me.

Thank you. :) Just like your icon (which I love), I needed to do something artistic to vent my Kyung-woo induced rage.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

halmoni,
those last sounds that Seol-a produces at the end of the chapter, are they more in line with Seol-a being drunk or crying? Keep thinking that maybe she'll solve it and get rid of the guy herself this time? Or how should I put it. I don't see the drama happening because of the possible rape itself. There has to be something more sneaky out of this situation. Something that's less obvious to us, readers.

I think it's just drunk groaning sounds. Crying is more like "엉엉" (ung ung).

joined Apr 6, 2015

I just got an idea from xyth. When stating that Seol-A may mistake Kyung-woo as No-rae, MAYBE if he advances onto her she won't fight back because she thinks he is her. Oh GOD, I hope not! Can anyone see that happening, possibly?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I guess it's the hallmark of good characters building that people are worrying so much about what going to happen. :)

However, I didn't get the feel FF woud take the path of heavy drama, like a rape and its consequences on mental health, rebuilding self, future relationships, etc... If there's a rape in a realistic story, I'd expect the author to take it seriously. But I doubt Ssamba wants to write that kind of story.

There's just a bit of violence at the start, but it's settled in a cartoonish way, with no actual consequences. Hitting someone with a baseball bat on the head hard enough to make them pass-out is no small feat (especially for a tiny girl like No-rae) and in real life, she probably would have had to appear in court. The guy is guilty, but assaulting someone is serious business.

All this rambling to say that this story doesn't aim for dark realism.

I could be mistaken, but I think something or other (preferably No-rae to the rescue) will stop Kyung-woo from doing anything that could be too damaging to Seol-a.

last edited at Apr 9, 2015 10:48AM

joined Feb 22, 2015

3 more days! Seriously can't wait for next week's chapter.

Finally finished moving so I can somewhat try to draw now.

I'm also practicing how to draw the 2 mc's right now. Hopefully after a few weeks, I'd be able to make a full-blown artwork and not practice sketches.

Hope you guys don't mind.

last edited at Apr 9, 2015 1:43PM

joined Sep 4, 2014

^^^ niceeee!!

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

There's just a bit of violence at the start, but it's settled in a cartoonish way, with no actual consequences. Hitting someone with a baseball bat on the head hard enough to make them pass-out is no small feat (especially for a tiny girl like No-rae) and in real life, she probably would have had to appear in court. The guy is guilty, but assaulting someone is serious business.

I don't quite see how the event itself was "cartoonish" in any way. Yes, it was treated more comically after it had happened, but I certainly wasn't laughing when No-rae actually hit the dude.

There's a fine line between plain assault and self defense (or in this case defense of others). I doubt No-rae would have been legally punished for her actions, considering Seol-a could have died from strangulation.

joined Nov 30, 2011

There needs to be a spin-off/alt universe where No-rae is a thugish, tomboy, gang type girl and Seol-a is more or less in the same position as FF and they meet and fall in love. It would be kinda awesome.

last edited at Apr 10, 2015 1:47AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't quite see how the event itself was "cartoonish" in any way. Yes, it was treated more comically after it had happened, but I certainly wasn't laughing when No-rae actually hit the dude.

There's a fine line between plain assault and self defense (or in this case defense of others). I doubt No-rae would have been legally punished for her actions, considering Seol-a could have died from strangulation.

By cartoonish, I meant that there's no blood and no consequences. Not that it was funny.

And I didn't say she would/should have been punished. It was to defend someone in danger, so there's no question for us, because we "witnessed" everything. Just that in real life, police and justice wouldn't have let it slide just like that and would have investigated to know what really happened.

My point is not that FF is "not realistic enough". On the contrary, since it's not that much realistic, I tried to calm the worries of some people about a date-rape that could happen.

I, for one, would be disappointed if something like that happened to a FF character, because it's not (I think) what FF is about. It's a romantic story, with some drama, about two women learning to love/heal each other. Or something like that.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

By cartoonish, I meant that there's no blood and no consequences. Not that it was funny.

And I didn't say she would/should have been punished. It was to defend someone in danger, so there's no question for us, because we "witnessed" everything. Just that in real life, police and justice wouldn't have let it slide just like that and would have investigated to know what really happened.

No-Rae beat him pretty bad, there was blood and he was hospitalized. And Seol-A went through all the police, justice stuff and consequences, it just wasn't shown :
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fluttering_feelings_ch05#9
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fluttering_feelings_ch05#12

Seing the situation, the poor state of Seol-A and how the guy was, I don't think this case needed a long investigation. And it's in Korea, we don't really know how things are done there.

My point is not that FF is "not realistic enough". On the contrary, since it's not that much realistic, I tried to calm the worries of some people about a date-rape that could happen.

I, for one, would be disappointed if something like that happened to a FF character, because it's not (I think) what FF is about. It's a romantic story, with some drama, about two women learning to love/heal each other. Or something like that.

Well, I totally agree with you, the guy will most likely be stopped before doing anything to Seol-A. The drama around her is already strong and this is not a tragic manhwa

last edited at Apr 10, 2015 5:44AM

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

There's nothing cartoonish about it. Cartoonish would be if the ex suddenly sprouted an enourmously tall bump on his head where No-Rae hit him with the bat. Once again you are using words you don't fully grasp the meaning of. This story does contain cartoonish parts, such as when the characters become super-deformed to accentuate a humorous situation. However, just because ssamba has chosen not to dwell on all the legal aspects of the attack on seol-a does not make the episode in question cartoonish. She is telling a romance not crime fiction.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Look, I'm not here to argue about semantics, but to share my opinions about a story we enjoy. I wouldn't post in this thread if I disliked FF. My critics were pretty minor points of details and it doesn't make FF a less enjoyable story and the characters any less lovable.

Romance between these two just barely started. Let's see where it goes from here.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Look, I'm not here to argue about semantics, but to share my opinions about a story we enjoy. I wouldn't post in this thread if I disliked FF. My critics were pretty minor points of details and it doesn't make FF a less enjoyable story and the characters any less lovable.

Well you see, the thing is, none of us particularly want to hear your negative opinions about a manhwa that we love. I honestly can't tell sometimes if you actually enjoy FF, because it always seems like you're attempting to bash it one way or another. I mean if I had an unpopular criticism about a manga, I wouldn't go on that manga's forum thread to post it, and then suddenly expect other fans to respect my criticism without a word of rebuttal. Your critiques on said "minor points of details" sounded more like you were directly criticizing Ssamba's storytelling skills as well as FF's whole plot in general. It's too "unrealistic" (but at the same time you don't want shit to get too real), events are only contrived plot devices to conveniently fill in plot holes, and some are just too cartoonish for your tastes. Which is pretty ironic, considering you think Their Story is a prime example of how realism should be done.

Let me give you the definition of "cartoonish", btw.
Cartoonish (adj): resembling a cartoon or caricature.
Cartoon (noun): a sketch or drawing, usually HUMOROUS, as in a newspaper or periodical, symbolizing, satirizing, or caricaturing some action, subject, or person of popular interest.

So the way you used it to describe how No-rae did not suffer consequences directly in the manhwa (anything could have happened between chapters or during time skips; we shouldn't assume, and it's not like any of us are experts on Korean law anyways) was clearly misusage of the word.

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Hah, you need to tell me the secret to your dedication. Or the trick...goodness knows mine could use a good whacking into place.

@HcL
I'm no Keiko but ahem well, are you done stretching? You better not [Ra]n ok?

On my way home, i got excited while i randomly thought about what might happen to the next chapter. I hope the other passengers are not creeped out by me grinning out of the blue.

These are the collective ideas i got from all of your predictions. ....

Oh xyth you are not alone on this. FF is actually a very good stimulant for me. The amount of blood my heart pumps into my sleepy brain never ceases to amaze me every time I think about these two lovely ladies of FF. Seriously, cases are: whenever I need to wake up in the morning and in class, whenever I get bored while studying, while I commute, whew, like all the time. These headcanons of what ifs and will they and when will and yeah you got my point - I'm ruined perfectly xp

And littleyuri I'm excited for your FF fanarts, same with moonfrost13:

ahohohoho. how to talent?

and halmoni I love your alto voice, it's soothing I'd say :D

Two days to go before update, all this time I just stop being a paranoid and think back to this:

#otp
huehuehuehue. lollipops, anyone?

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

There needs to be a spin-off/alt universe where No-rae is a thugish, tomboy, gang type girl and Seol-a is more or less in the same position as FF and they meet and fall in love. It would be kinda awesome.

ask and you shall receive
http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/post/116131758572/no-rae-x-bat-is-my-new-otp

To reply you must either login or sign up.