Forum › Posts by Blackkitty

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

So what is really love in the end?

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Oh, btw I've forgotten, since it's July 1th, here is a song I've always associated with that date. Enjoy! ^-^
https://youtu.be/grSWdLdp7po

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Oh...cafe is ded? F

If I remember correctly, when the Cafe was created there was the European Football Championship going on somewhere around the quater-/semi- finals. Who would've thought that it would survive to witness another championship... ^^

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

^ Better pick up cooking as a hobby ^_^ one is more likely to have the energy to try out something delicious :) plus you could learn new languages while searching for new recipies.. as I did the other day, running into the expression:" Fritte son bone anche le scarpe"

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates on December, 25th! May you enjoy the holidays with your close ones!

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

The chapter..lol I definitely can say this manga is one of all time favorites.. it's so delicate. I wish I could tell Hinako that everything is going to be alright because it's just fine if they with Satou have their own sort of normal.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Local bird conducts an elaborate mating dance, has an oops ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hehe, unfortunately male youngsters don't like blue objects as females do.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Weird animal piece du jour: *ANGERY rubber ducky noises*
Quoth the host, "ferocious."

Caught you slippin', random...or is it a weekly repost?

Hehe, when I let my grandma hear the squeaking she wasn't able to guess what animal the sound comes from

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Well, I learned at around 38, lol....

Yeah, I meant 3-4 years ago if I did the math correctly.

I don't know that they feel happier as much as just being glad they now have a label for their "quirks". Being able to just tell people "I'm demisexual, Google it" after years of just trying to explain in piecemeal terms is nice, lol.

I can imagine. Then you did a good deed ^^ (plus you contribute to the increase of our numbers lol)

last edited at Sep 9, 2020 4:52PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Heck, I didn't even come out till my mid-30s and I didn't learn about what demi was till about two years later, and I'm 41 now...

Given that I'm 29 now, it seems that we learnt what "demi" is roughly at the same time. lol I guess it's due to the fact that the term has been gaining more popularity in recent years.

What's amusing to me is that several of my friends have now begun to identify as demi after learning what it means.

That's interesting. Do they feel happier with who they are now?
If I were to discuss labels more often, I think I would be able to open the eyes of some of my friends as well.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I too am demi, so I feel ya lol Lotta people even in the LGBTQ community don't know what demi is, I've had to explain to quite a few folks

Thank you, that's reassuring.
I myself came across the terms "demi" and "grey" relatively late - my mid twenties. So I'm not surprised that not everyone is well-informed.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I was out sharing a table with friends (a table that turned out to be all lgbt) and at some point I had to explain that yeah I like girls but I need some more time to know them etc. the stuff that goes with being demi; that it doesn't bother me that much if I happen to be by myself. So when i realized that I felt uncomfortable explaining who I'm (which was so uncalled for because my friends are cool) I got annoyed at myself because it's a stupid thing to do.
Sorry, never mind my post, my friend advised me that I should share more so I told myself "why not in front of people who don't know me."

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ Serenata

@Kuroneko I wonder how it feels to binge a manga like that hahahaha, let's see... I don't have another drama series like that with a girl as lead but I know a manga than imo is just as good when it comes to create REAL characters, who struggle, who can love and cry just like you and me...

Damn... I should've come up with that nickname right from the start - it sounds cool xD
Even the bonus chapter of Ikoku Nikki is a gem.. I've binged on the manga the first time you mentioned it and ever since I've been impatiently waiting for the new releases each time. Makio is a favorite of mine because of how realistic her depiction as an introvert is. I can relate to a certain extent.
Thank you very much for your detailed reply! :) I will give Blue Period a try then because of all the above mentioned reasons. Even if I'm not particularly talented or passionate about anything right now, I find it even more compelling reading about such people.

@ Pumkinmonster

Welcome to our Cafe! ^ ^ It's a small but cozy corner with easygoing and nonjudgmental people. I believe many will be willing to get to know you. So feel free to hang out a lot in here! ( Feel free as well to share your suggestions on manga or whatever you find interesting ;P )
I wonder if I'm the right person to welcome you here though, since I'm not the most sociable person out there xD

last edited at Sep 2, 2020 2:21PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ Serenata
Do you by any chance have some other recommendations than Ikoku Nikki? I've read all the available chapters and I love it, hopefully the manga won't be over soon.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Those two.. and all the fluff coming out made my latte this morning more enjoyable than usual :) I did well to check for updates

Also, Subaru has definitely matured ^^ maybe she will soon hold hands with her sister's friend

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I feel like a better person after reading this somehow.

I felt similarly; the narrative got me into introspective mode and I was reminded that I could be a better person.

If it ends up in dynasty, I hope everyone can accept that all the characters are just trying their best with what they know, is not your average plot with bad/good girl/guy, even the mc has serious flaws .

Judging the characters as good/bad would be a very limited way of reading through the story imo. We are invited into their inner worlds to see how they cope with being humans living among others, and ultimately to try and understand them. Personally I'm left with sympathy (Asa and her mom in the last chapter.)
And yes, I hope it will end up uploaded here, it's a precious read and I'm curious to see how others would comment on it.

last edited at Aug 7, 2020 12:25PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

^ This one is really good; thanks for sharing the link! I shouldn't have binge read it though

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B073TX9XCF/ ~_^

A good buy! The colors are beautiful.
I bet sitting on the couch would be as if you were out on a spring day, sitting near the edge of a pond. You could feel the freshness of the blossoming trees and the white lilies, and contemplate the calmness of the pastel blue. Or something like that.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

^you have nice cushions!

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

^ I'm really happy for your getting new furniture! (I myself am a clean tidy person sensitive to smells so I imagine it's been hard for you)
So I wish you many happy memories with the furniture :)

Blackkitty
Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

They are so cute! <3

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Happy Easter to all Catholics!

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

It's my birthday today and I've had to spend it alone. :( Stupid pandemic.

Happy Birthday! That's unfortunate but at least you are safe and sound! :) And you could celebrate your birthday later when it will be all over with the crisis.

(I also sometimes misread your name as shadesofgreywolf , I don't know why but I tend to misread stuff a lot)

last edited at Mar 21, 2020 2:14PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I’ve been telling myself that I need to be patient...which is kinda difficult with this particular manga. Can’t wait to see how their feelings develop.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

^ If we are talking about fusion of brain power, then I vote for the Sibyl system....almost invincible...

last edited at Feb 27, 2020 1:18PM