Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Uuuooo I bet one of those three is Kotooka's old crush. She probably confessed, but got horribly rejected for being "abnormal". Hence her obsession to be "normal" since

It will make sense for Kotooka to go to a faraway school to avoid her old friends if that is the case

Couple of months till next release? Ah.... this is horrible...

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 5:48PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Hachimitsu only does volume releases, so we are a couple months out from the next release. Such suspense.

Well, for now, there are only two more chapters after this one out at the moment, so maybe it'll be okay.

Maaaaybe...

EDIT: This is a repost from what I wrote a month ago, but if anyone is curious about chapter 19, here are the spoilers (I don't have the raws though, LOL):

The three girls grouped up and the one with the short hair (Ogawa) has feelings for one of Kotooka's ex-boyfriends (the Muu-tan guy from the early chapters that you hear about - I think the one that she broke up with when she found out that Washio and Tsukasa were making homemade chocolates behind her back). However, Muu-tan (real last name is Mutou) rejected Ogawa since he supposedly still loves his ex-girlfriend, which is Kotooka. So now Ogawa's like "Please come see Mutou-kun one last time" and Kotooka's friends both want her to do it since they see nothing wrong with it, but Kotooka strongly objects to it.

Kotooka gets pissed and is all like, "What, is it my fault? Am I in the wrong?!" and so the problem here is that Tsukasa and Washio are essentially trying to pressure her (albeit lightly) into meeting this guy when she really doesn't want to do it, saying that she can't help if he still has feelings for her and wants to talk to her. Kotooka starts to wonder to herself why she is there listening to Ogawa's request in the first place and gets a little jealous about Ogawa and her relationship with her two friends. Kotooka kind of snaps here as she twirls her hair and just says "Nah, I'm not going to meet up with Muu-tan. Never. I mean, it's gross. Isn't this borderline stalking? Does he need to see me that badly? Impossible. That's sooo gross~"

And then Kotooka goes on to belittle Ogawa, even going as far as saying that her doing all of this for Muu-tan is the reason why no guys (such as Muu-tan) would like someone like her. Tsukasa's like, "Kotooka, you've said way too mu-" as Ogawa bursts into tears. Ogawa's friend shoves Kotooka away, Washio catches her ever-so-valiantly (this is important) and the Ogawa crew takes their leave but not before calling Kotooka "the worst".

At this point, Washio suggests that Kotooka should go apologize to Ogawa for going way too far. Here's a super brief translation of what they said to each other, actually:

Washio: I think you should apologize to Ogawa.
Kotooka: What? Why should I?!
Washio: You made her cry, didn't you?
Kotooka: So what!? You want me to listen to what they said and meet up with Muu-tan?!
Washio: That's just between you two. You are free to do whatever you want with him. However, about Ogawa... You went too far, Kotooka.
Kotooka: You realize they called me all sorts of names, don't you?!
Washio: Ogawa never said anything to you. You should be blaming her friends for that.
Kotooka: I mean, those guys were annoying!! They made me sound like the bad guy!
Washio: Aren't you the bad guy right now? If you don't want to do it that badly, then I'll apologize on your behalf!
Kotooka (gritting teeth, thinking to herself): Why... Just a while ago (referring to Washio's ever-so-valiant catch), and at that time (referring to another time in the past where Washio protected her), and even back then... (ditto) ... Why are you trying to make me like you?!
Kotooka (to herself): At our sleepover recently, we had so much fun together! That kind of feeling (of friendship, I would assume) is all I want! Why don't you get it? Why don't you realize how I feel?!
Kotooka: Nadeshiko... You're so annoying.

And then Kotooka goes on this massive rant about how she hates Washio's "I'm always right" attitude, how Washio always tries to be cool and how Washio takes her for an idiot (like how Washio never really pays much attention when Kotooka used to talk about her boyfriends). Kotooka calls her annoying again, but Washio plays it cool and just tells her to calm down. This pisses off Kotooka even more as she asks why Washio never talks back/stands up for herself and Washio just says she doesn't wanna stoop down to Kotooka's level because she thinks it's stupid. Kotooka slaps her right after this.

Washio runs away crying, Tsukasa tries to tell Kotooka she went too far, which pisses Kotooka off again because she feels like she's being isolated by Tsukasa and Washio. Kotooka runs away crying and Tsukasa's like "W-what's gotten into them?"

At school, Tsukasa realizes their fight was serious business (jeez, she's slow) when she tries to bring them together, but Kotooka and Washio both leave. At this point, Tsukasa debates if she should run after Washio or Kotooka, and she ends up picking the latter because Tsukasa is puzzled at Kotooka's words (before Kotooka left, she referred to "those two people", but I don't know who she's talking about). They talk a bit, Kotooka insists she won't apologize to Washio, and when Tsukasa asks about what she said yesterday, Kotooka gets mad yet again and runs away from Tsukasa.

Kotooka pretends to be fine and runs off to some new group of friends for like, home ec, and Tsukasa is left wondering what to do.

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 6:18PM

joined Jul 31, 2013

Kotooka sux

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

risingstar3110 posted:

Uuuooo I bet one of those three is Kotooka's old crush. She probably confessed, but got horribly rejected for being "abnormal". Hence her obsession to be "normal" since

It will make sense for Kotooka to go to a faraway school to avoid her old friends if that is the case

Couple of months till next release? Ah.... this is horrible...

If that's the case, then even more I want her to be happy... With Shiratori if possible, but why after all this time? for me, they're just girls looking for a fight or to scare her, who knows... Maybe he rejected a guy with fans.

We have to wait months... Ooh, this hurts soooo bad

The spoilers are a big temptation but at least for me, the cliffhanger wasn't so critical... So I'll just wait

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 7:04PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Do we actually know that we're going to have to wait months for the next chapters?

joined Jun 30, 2015

Kotooka is an awesome, emotionally imploding basketcase.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kal3d posted:

Do we actually know that we're going to have to wait months for the next chapters?

Yes, I was checking the fansub and someone asked if they only work with volumes... And they do, so unless they change their modus operandi we don't have other choice but to wait or check raws

Fear-dull02
joined Jan 1, 2017

Okay, so there was another group Kotooka was with, and that ended terribly. I understood why people thought that after chapter 7, but there were still a few other possible interpretations. And now, it's being expanded upon.

Alright author, we get it. No need to keep emphasizing how they have fun when the issues don't come to the forefront. Also, I wonder if M. night Shyamalan made that movie lol.

Tsukasa and Nadeshiko have been on this rollercaster of being happy when thinking or talking with their crush, and sad when their crush shows displays of affection to someone else. While I know it's completely understandable when being enamored, I've been waiting for something to push them back to ground level. Maybe that will start happening in the upcoming chapters.

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 7:39PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Kal3d posted:

Yes, I was checking the fansub and someone asked if they only work with volumes... And they do, so unless they change their modus operandi we don't have other choice but to wait or check raws

What a shame. We were only 2 chapters away from catching up.

joined Jan 18, 2016

That promise to go see the salt flats in Bolivia kinda makes me wary about the ending, because i believe it would be a good point to end the series, with them as an adult, looking back at those time when they were a teenager.

The problem is if it does happen, i just can't see two of them are going out, while one of them just left alone with their feeling unreciprocated. Years of reading manga made me believe that for the scene to happen is none of them are going out, they moved on by being married. So that when they look back at their teenager years, they're left to wonder whats going to happen if they do things differently (like actually going out with their respective crushes).

This is just my farfetched prediction, and maybe i'm too pessimistic, though i loved to be proven wrong. Whatever happened, the fact that i kinda enjoyed the series as it is now was enough for me.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Yep, the last chapter, especially, has me thinking none of the girls end up with one another. Plus, it seems to me that Washio and Kotooka are steadfastly looking the other direction.

I found the last Tsukasa installment, chapter 18, a little interesting in that she seems to have matured a bit in her understanding of feelings. It sees less all consuming. I feel that maybe...Tsukasa is less caught up than the other girls. She seems to be appreciating it, but...not believing or hoping that Washio will turn to her.

I guess it's yet another "they're all different": steadfast Washio, in-denial Kotooka and basking-in-her feelings Tsukasa. Active, denial, passive. ...with respect to moving toward a romantic relationship.

The boys' plot is still more interesting, but I'm back to considering Tsukasa main again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Kotooka actually starts with paper in janken? That just makes me hate her even more!

joined Jun 30, 2015

Asakura's inability to eat sweets is going to bite Subaru in the ass when he Asakura realizes that Subaru shouldn't know that Asakura's sweet intolerant.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Well this will be funny~

Fear-dull02
joined Jan 1, 2017

That promise to go see the salt flats in Bolivia kinda makes me wary about the ending, because i believe it would be a good point to end the series, with them as an adult, looking back at those time when they were a teenager.

The problem is if it does happen, i just can't see two of them are going out, while one of them just left alone with their feeling unreciprocated. Years of reading manga made me believe that for the scene to happen is none of them are going out, they moved on by being married. So that when they look back at their teenager years, they're left to wonder whats going to happen if they do things differently (like actually going out with their respective crushes).

This is just my farfetched prediction, and maybe i'm too pessimistic, though i loved to be proven wrong. Whatever happened, the fact that i kinda enjoyed the series as it is now was enough for me.

The promise can evolve during the story. Who's to say Asakura or Subaru won't come with them. Or this promise could just be used for drama when the three start to get estranged from each other due to their secrets coming out, and they remember, "oh yeah, we promised to do that", and the knife gets pushed deeper.

joined Feb 15, 2013

I agree that the promise to the salt plain, if gonna be the ending, will be terrible sign for yuri. Unless one of them bring her +1 along.

Washio x Kotooka is getting real awkward now. Make it hard for me to see the two with each other. Kotooka's obsession with Tsukasa also gonna means: unless she run away from the other two, she will never be able to get over Tsukasa = not a happy ending for her

last edited at Jan 6, 2017 1:03AM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

googles uyuni salt flats

holy fuck that is fucking beautiful.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3e/Salar_uyuni_200701.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/Salar_de_Uyuni_2013.jpg

I'm not the only one apparently :D

Bonus:
https://fedn72dg3p32y6yls14ydbs9-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/carro-4.jpg

PS: on the second thought, the cheaper way is to wait for Global warming, sea level rising then go to New York for a similar salt plain experience. Remember to pack a AK47 with you to fight off the savage New Yorker tribe!!

last edited at Jan 6, 2017 1:48AM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Uyuni Salt Flats is indeed quite beautiful.

I agree that the promise to the salt plain, if gonna be the ending, will be terrible sign for yuri. Unless one of them bring her +1 along.

Washio x Kotooka is getting real awkward now. Make it hard for me to see the two with each other. Kotooka's obsession with Tsukasa also gonna means: unless she run away from the other two, she will never be able to get over Tsukasa = not a happy ending for her

Thats why i can't see Washio x Tsukasa as the end game. Kotooka might be a manipulative, rude, self-hating bitch who forces things down people throats but she seems to be the one who's suffering the most out of the three girls. If past yuri stories have taught me anything is that the girl who's always in denial and suffering in the background is the one who gets the happy ending with the girl she likes.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Uyuni Salt Flats is indeed quite beautiful.

Thats why i can't see Washio x Tsukasa as the end game. Kotooka might be a manipulative, rude, self-hating bitch who forces things down people throats but she seems to be the one who's suffering the most out of the three girls. If past yuri stories have taught me anything is that the girl who's always in denial and suffering in the background is the one who gets the happy ending with the girl she likes.

In another word...

....Kotooka might be a 'manipulative, rude, self-hating (+in denial) bitch who forces things down people throats'. But she is our bitch, and we all would hope she will achieve happiness for what she endured.

It's hard to come out the closet when you are 16 (17?). Even harder if it may ruin your friendship, especially (presumably) it happened once before and traumatise you greatly,

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Ugh I just want all my three babies to be happy why is it so hard for this to be solved DX

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

In another word...

....Kotooka might be a 'manipulative, rude, self-hating (+in denial) bitch who forces things down people throats'. But she is our bitch, and we all would hope she will achieve happiness for what she endured.

It's hard to come out the closet when you are 16 (17?). Even harder if it may ruin your friendship, especially (presumably) it happened once before and traumatise you greatly,

Oh, no, i totally get her, i wasn't trying to say that she should just came out like it was nothing. What i was trying to say, its that even though she's been portrayed like that, she's still a good girl who deserves happiness.

I used to be a huge Kotooka detractor due to how she was portrayed, but after seeing her suffering and how she really likes Tsukasa a lot, enough for her to even learn how to bake cakes and sweets, that i just can't root against her anymore.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

You know... speaking of Kotooka... I was rereading some things and I'm starting to have this feeling that she is not just purposely ignoring Washio's feelings because she doesn't want to get her hopes up, but that maybe it has something to do with why she went to this school, also. Her face after they ask her the question tips me off, but I'm also really getting the feeling that she has had a bad experience with someone like Washio.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very much a Kotooka/Tsukasa shipper, but I wouldn't be surprised if in fact Kotooka had a crush on a girl like Washio before and it turned out poorly, which is why she keeps her distance. I dunno, I just feel like her feelings for Tsukasa, her distance from Washio, and the reason she went to this school are all threaded together.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

You know... speaking of Kotooka... I was rereading some things and I'm starting to have this feeling that she is not just purposely ignoring Washio's feelings because she doesn't want to get her hopes up, but that maybe it has something to do with why she went to this school, also. Her face after they ask her the question tips me off, but I'm also really getting the feeling that she has had a bad experience with someone like Washio.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very much a Kotooka/Tsukasa shipper, but I wouldn't be surprised if in fact Kotooka had a crush on a girl like Washio before and it turned out poorly, which is why she keeps her distance. I dunno, I just feel like her feelings for Tsukasa, her distance from Washio, and the reason she went to this school are all threaded together.

Interesting idea, wouldn't hate it if that was the case. I kinda thought that Kotooka was just jealous of Washio. Not only because the girl she likes is into her (Knowing Kotooka thats probably one of the reasons), but also because she's able to not deny her own feelings like Kotooka does despite her numerous rejections. You know like, "I dislike this girl because she's so determined about her feelings, unlike me."

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

You know, I would like it if Washio just bomb rushed Kotooka with an intense kiss after she made another sly comment about her boyfriend (who she probably isn't even dating anymore), while standing in front of Tsukasa, and have it play out from there. Anything would be better than this half-assed, psychological shit.

And yet, I still wait patiently for the next chapter...

To reply you must either login or sign up.