Forum › Posts by REDflame23

REDflame23
Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016
000_0200-1764710286228152594-img1

^She had to face some hard cold facts tho. Her OTP blew up in her face.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I never really got the whole "like as a person" trope in yuri manga. I know that being pan is a thing, but specifically in yuri there's certain instances were it feels like they're sweeping lesbianism under the rug ( or just being gay in general ) by using a more "socially acceptable" answer.
Idk, maybe it's just me getting wierdly upset over specific wording.

No, it's definitely a thing. And I like that Inori calls it out in I Favor the Villainess.

Misha: "Gender doesn't matter, the one you fell in love with just happened to be a girl".

Rei: "No, gender does matter. I like girls"

yeah I HATE that too! because you won’t see the trope used the other way around, since people don’t just go from gay to straight! like imagine THAT conversation!(even tho it will be an interesting story, but we all know bisexual people are erased, and it will get people angry to turn a gay person straight using that trope) it only goes from characters that ar supposed “straight” the “gender doesn’t matter, love people as people” trope is accepted and it does bother me, like WAY not make that character Bisexual??? since the author decided to not bring the topic of sexuality make that character Bisexual.

They do have a show like that I think where a gay man falls for a woman

Yikes. I wonder what gay guys feel about that one. It makes for interesting premise, but I’m it gives certain icky vibes if you will since it ch could possibly have people saying “see? it’s not hard.”

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I think this is the fourth or fifth series I've read with this start... looks good tho

Okay. So this is a trend lol. I’ve only seen one other series start like this, but it was an isekai yuri anime. It was exactly the same at the start that I felt it had to be some sort of prompt for authors. “What direction can you take this?” Something like that. So there’s definitely other series with this introduction, huh… Anyone know the first story that used it?

REDflame23
Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Another request… But really I’m just wondering if there’s any harem stories out there that aren’t tagged as such or something very close to it.

REDflame23
Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

And then, the other is one where a girl has a girlfriend and she has 4 brothers. That one may be easier to find for me. I haven’t really looked for it yet. But thanks in advance.

Pretty sure this one is This is a Great Hug Pillow

Thanks. I found the other one by chance.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_trivial_story

I guess there was a reason I was associating them. They’re by the same author. I just clicked the latest update and my memory was triggered. I feel like the tags are lacking.

Ah.. it was a saggy butt (not breasts).

last edited at Jan 11, 2024 5:10PM

REDflame23
Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I’m looking for two one shots. One where a girl likes touching boobs (she mentions her teacher’s are saggy). A bit weird. And she already has a girlfriend. And then, the other is one where a girl has a girlfriend and she has 4 brothers. That one may be easier to find for me. I haven’t really looked for it yet. But thanks in advance.

last edited at Jan 11, 2024 1:39PM

REDflame23
Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Everyone’s so triggered lol. Lots of gumdrops can get boring. Gotten have conflict from time to time.

REDflame23
Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I haven't read anything to do with these two idiots for years, finally open up a chapter and find that they're still going strong

them being together for so long is kind of annoying ngl

Weirdo energy

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Everyone’s all upset lol.

REDflame23
Make a Mark discussion 10 Sep 19:53
Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I swear I've read dumb shit like this a hundred times, and a lot of them probably by Kodama Naoko. 3/10.

Someone’s upset lol

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Excellent scheming with a juicy reward. The dark-haired girl sure is a go-getter.

I'd call this a cuckoo romance, with an egg literally pushed off the nest to make some room for the brood parasite.

The kind of person who’s probably tried this in real life and shouldn’t be apart of society.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Everyone’s not your friend.

I need an afterlife sequel.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

First 4 comments…

“That’s f’ed up”
“Bruh”
“That’s f’ed up”
“Bruh”

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

poly or nothing

Yeah, and there's already some hints of other relationships forming/already being formed between the other girls (we’re not reading the same manga), so it's plausible.

Thout I'm also down for an ending where everybody else gets paired up

Heresy. Harem or nothing (the nothing part would be funny).

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Classic Risa W

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I really like how it ended. It felt like it was initially just a shallow rehashing of typical harem tropes, but the last few chapters actually managed to turn it into a thoughtful analysis of the genre's conventions and skewer Tsukabe's obsessive adherence to them, in a way that still kept the general silly lighthearted tone. Good times.

As said up above, I'd love to see an extra or something getting into the adventures of actually managing and maintaining a successful poly relationship, but still, this was a solid place to end things.

Now, I wait for better yuri harem to come along. I enjoy the gags, but I would like a more sensible protagonist who doesn’t get caught in their own traps…T_T And isn’t following a harem comic along the way lol.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

An ending as shallow as its premise.

Cry about it >:)

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Hiroko and Cleavage are two different types of womanizer. You have the cool type and the sensual type. You’d think they’d try to woo the other and see who comes out on top.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

On another subject, I can't recall if this was discussed before: I was just today rereading some older works by Sal Jiang and I was surprised to find that this one is like a oneshot version of Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! Even the name of the main character is Ayaka, and she's an obvious prototype of the blonde we know and love. The senpai she likes is not really Hiroko, though. (She's much better.)

Oh right, had forgotten that one. Yeah that was a precursor one shot. I don't know if that was discussed in this thread though. I liked that one too, when I read it a while ago! It summarizes all the shenanigans that happens in this manga.

That version of Ayaka also talks about all her attempts to get her senpai to realize her flirting. The oneshot's events seem like her last straw (guess that version of Ayaka never busted down the office doors and declared her love). She even mentions the off the shoulder dress, which got mentioned in this recent newer chapter! Senpai still caring but not picking up on it. So, same two people but really cool to see Sal blow that up into a piece with more going on. You can see the intended natures of the characters there.

Forgot to mention this one is also about them (or early versions of them). Same dynamics: I Drew Some Yuri

It’s one of their multiverse variants.

REDflame23
Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Oh, I was already here a month ago…

REDflame23
Harem? discussion 19 Jun 00:12
Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

That Patchouli intro page have me a mild headache.

*gave

And it gave me one again…lol

last edited at Jun 19, 2023 12:15AM

REDflame23
Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Hmm…

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I wanted more Vampire and less weak harem

But YuuXNana was amazing

There was a harem?

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Only thing that I really didn’t like was Rikka. She was just annoying.

Wow. Complete opposite opinion. Loved the forwardness. Wish Yuu was more receptive (but that’s her prerogative ofc). Really, I wish we got more with the other girls. Aya got screwed lol. We last see her crying during a cut to after the dating announcement. How sad…

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I thought it was Levi from SNK and I couldn't enjoy it properly

Very understandable.