Forum › Posts by Seira

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I’m a the only one worry when i read the Title of the chapters? LIKE! the LAST chapters? saying something about one sided love or something????

GUYS! I’m afraid that this won’t have an clear happy ending so I’m gonna wait untill all chapters are out and read your sufferings if the ending is actually one of thous :3

I read ahead precisely because I had the same worries and all I have to say is fortunately, it's not what you'd think.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Well, I'm about to come in hot with a shameless self-plug, but for those interested in following the translation of the web novel, I'm currently trying to pump some chapters out on: https://amawashigroup.wordpress.com/

I'm also (very) slowly catching up on ShuuKura (another yuri web novel that a few people have mentioned here already) as well.

Do note that both of those series are currently also being translated by someone else, and they are way, way ahead of me. But they likely use MTL translations with some edits here and there just to get chapters out faster (please note that as a result, a lot of nuance gets missed and some parts can be incorrect as well). The website they host those chapters on also has a paid "coin" system to read the most recent chapters as soon as they come out as well.

I won't name-drop their group here (primarily because I am against their "coin" system), but you can find them by visiting the NovelUpdates page for this series here: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/a-story-about-losing-all-my-first-experiences-after-suffering-defeat-at-the-hands-of-my-twisted-genius-of-a-childhood-friend/

I 100% understand and respect those who want to read ahead. I am very far behind, so I think it's super reasonable (and it's exactly what I would do as a reader, lol). The MTL is still readable! At the end of the day, the only thing I wish for is for more people to get into this series, as well as ShuuKura (which will probably see an increase in readership very soon).

last edited at Feb 29, 2024 9:46PM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Commenting to remind myself that this is definitely one of the stories of all time

Honestly doing the same here.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

They remind me of Risa & Miya.

Oh man, two names I did not expect to see today.

Seira
It's You! discussion 04 Feb 21:35
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Yep, I also love Hinazumi...

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

What a damn adorable chapter!
I wonder who the new girl is. She seems related to Lily somehow.
She probably means trouble.
Thanks for the chapter!

I'm pretty sure that's Lily's sister (not sure of their relationship) who bullied her in chapter 2.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014
Mimulan25-1730215285519736999-img1

^ I'm actually translating the web novel right now, although I'm kind of taking it slow. It only has 33 chapters + an epilogue (if I'm remembering this correctly at the top of my head).

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

They're finally living together.

Only took 11 years.

You just murdered me by reminding me how long I've been following this series...

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Diana is cute and good intentioned, but I can't root for someone that after all this time still can't say her crushes name right nor makes any attempt to try. Like, Lapis makes a lot of effort to get to know Natori, even if in the beginning only to manipulate her. Diana has really only been receiving. Even this right here is an example of her not really interested in knowing what Natori wants, but more about competing with the person she views as her rival. Realistically, she's kind of a shitty suitor.

I think it was mentioned somewhere by the mangaka that because Lapis and Gran are nobles (and thus have received more formal and strict education), they are fluent in more languages and can capture accents and dialects better than the average person. Natori... despite not being all too difficult to pronounce, is a foreign name, which is why it's supposedly harder on Diana to get the pronunciation down right. Also, they're probably not speaking Japanese in that world, so maybe something else is at play here. I dunno, but I'm choosing to believe this explanation.

EDIT: Oops, ended up posting this comment a little late, but point still stands, haha.

On a side note, I like how Diana actually gives off "main character" vibes instead of getting sidelined in a way. A lot of villainess manga I read simply tell us "oh, that girl over there is the main heroine, but anyway..." and then the villainess proceeds to take over and derail the story until we don't see the heroine anymore, but I like that Diana is still the "hero" and that this is still "her" story in a way.

last edited at Dec 6, 2023 10:17PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014
Mimulan25-1730215285519736999-img1

It should be a parody of "A Story About Losing All My First Experiences After Suffering Defeat at the Hands of My Twisted Genius of a Childhood Friend."

It's a web novel that came out in 2022 (the physical light novel just released, however). The reason why Yuu & Ayumu are being drawn here is because the VAs for them (Yano Hinaki & Oonishi Aguri respectively) were also cast as the MCs of said novel for a promotional video.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

it's incredibly amusing to me that the art goes from standard SoL fare to extremely fucking horny at the drop of a hat

You're so right. I love it LOL

Seira
Asako discussion 17 Oct 12:51
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I got impatient and searched for the raws after binge reading this, but passed out from fatigue as I skimmed through them (horribly out of order because I wanted to see how it ended LOL) and ended up having a dream about the events of Asako. While I personally can't relate to any of the characters, the story was very interesting and I feel like it'll stay with me for a while.

Thanks for posting this here (and on reddit), Daphie! I actually only clicked it because of the controversy warning, lol.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Cute! Love seeing some Airi x Shizuku at the end too.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Yep, Lycoris Recoil.

Chisato x Takina.

EDIT: Omg, this comment was meant to be a reply to another one asking if this belonged to a series LOL.

last edited at Oct 9, 2023 1:01PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I dislike Eri so much. Funnily enough all this is only making me feel bad for the Senpai and Kyou, not Fuyuki or Eri. Can you imagine going on a date with someone and they spend the entire time talking about someone else?

I don't feel bad. I mean she knew Fuyuki has feelings for Eri yet still took her on a date, that's on her really

Really? You can be aware of someone's feeling for another person and still ask them out. That doesn't mean they have to rub it into your face, especially on a date...

I did feel bad for the senpai as well. I wouldn't go as far as saying that I dislike both main characters though, but they sure are selfish and living in their own bubble where they can only see each other...

I feel bad for Kyou for sure, but I'm pretty sure senpai doesn't actually have feelings for Fuyuki, so in my opinion, she kinda knew what she was getting into (especially because she's known about this since high school).

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

AnHane in the credits :')

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Ooh, Kaneko-senpai's little sister?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

What a misunderstanding, haha. I can see why they didn't consider the option of riding together though. Most likely, it's because they're both of lower standing than Michel (Elsa even more so than Yvonne), so if he invites them to ride with him, it's difficult to turn him down.

... At least, that's what I'm choosing to believe.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

21th.

This was a really cute read though.

last edited at Jul 29, 2023 11:46AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

This series has just got the AXE. It ends on chapter 19 I believe. Just read the official twitter and manga authors accounts. This is an alarming trend when it comes to... certain types of Yuri. I hope that it's just a coincidence.

I believe the newest update was chapter 19, but the author plans on it ending in 2 more chapters (chapter 21.) It was reported to end on chapter 20, but the author tweeted to clear it up.

Thanks! I must've missed it.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Hello buding here! I'm more of a lurker usually but I created an account here just to say thanks to everyone who have been paitently waiting for our chapters!

As most of you have said and seen, this manga deals with more complicated feelings and subtext. While as readers, we are able to immediately see who's being dumb and all, I hope you'll be able to enjoy this series better if you remember that they're just fresh college students, they aren't really mentally mature enough to make smart decisions (although personally I applaud Kyouhei for standing his ground against Eri's shenanigans instead of just accepting everything she says).

We'll continue to work on chapter 5 (which is the last chapter of Volume 1) and chapter 6, and hope everyone will be still here for the ride!

Thanks for your hard work!

Can I ask if "buding" is meant to be something like "pudding"?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

See you all in 2052.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Nooo, I don't want it to end. I feel so sentimental about this series particularly because I was also in high school when this first came out in 2015 and I started reading it from the first chapter, so I feel like I practically grew up with this manga. I've been hovering around Sakurako & Kasumi's age the entire time it's been out (since it follows our time IRL).

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I'm pretty sure Ruriko slapped her as a kneejerk reaction when all of her feelings reached a boiling point and subsequently exploded. Not to normalize or justify physical abuse, but this is certainly not what I would consider it as. For one thing, Kurumi is the drunk one and she suddenly grabbed Ruriko to kiss her on the cheek, something that is seemingly out of character for her. Sure, Ruriko could've simply shoved her away, but I think her slap was meant to convey the same thing, and it's more dramatic anyway.

I know there are a lot of people rooting for their development and view this as a frustrating step backwards. Honestly, there were probably a dozen different ways they could've revealed their feelings for each other, but hey, guess we're going the drama route, which I think is fine. The two of them aren't perfect, and pretty much every single chapter shown from Ruriko's POV is about her feelings towards Kurumi and her insecurities surrounding them. She's spent their entire marriage anticipating the day Kurumi would inevitably leave her and tried to convince herself she was okay with this, but in recent chapters (including this one), she's become more greedy in hoping that she could be special to Kurumi and not just another one of the many things Kurumi loves. Obviously, this is not healthy for Ruriko, who also has no idea that Kurumi has come to reciprocate her feelings little by little.

So this chapter's slap, while it could've been handled much better, kind of makes sense to me. Not only did the kiss on Ruriko's cheek catch her off guard, but Kurumi was totally wasted. There's the possibility that Ruriko was frustrated that her feelings were being treated so lightly (not Kurumi's fault, since she isn't supposed to be aware of Ruriko's romantic feelings for her), that Kurumi could kiss her so easily while being drunk of all things without taking into account how Ruriko would feel.

Honestly, I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure a lot of little things welled up in Ruriko in that one moment and it literally exploded all at once. That girl has been shouldering a ton of anxiety ever since they got married, so I'm not even surprised. But seeing how these two have been able to sit down and talk things out together (the trash incident, the hospitalization, etc.), I'm sure they'll be just fine, even if it hurt a lot in the moment.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

This series has just got the AXE. It ends on chapter 19 I believe. Just read the official twitter and manga authors accounts. This is an alarming trend when it comes to... certain types of Yuri. I hope that it's just a coincidence.

I stalked the author and manga's Twitter accounts and found nothing. There's a possibility I didn't search far enough though, so just in case, is there a source link for this?

I read up until chapter 19 (raws) as well. Slightly different from what conradin said, but (warning: spoilers from chapters after 14):

Essentially, over the last few chapters, Sena becomes more aware of the support she has around her. Most notably, she tells Kiku that at first, she disliked her and never wanted to see her again, but things are different now. From a previous chapter, Sena is worried over not knowing what love is. She also knows she can't keep Kiku waiting when it comes to deciding whether or not to continue their relationship. ALSO, it's kinda cute because Kiku repeatedly tells Sena she's willing to wait for her, but Sena knows despite what Kiku says, she's getting a little impatient (not in a bad way, lol).

Anyway, Sena eventually acknowledges Kiku as a comfortable presence in her life and tells her on her birthday that she wishes to continue this relationship with her as lovers, which makes Kiku cry, something that surprises them both.

I can't imagine the manga ending on chapter 19 nonetheless. Maybe a few chapters later, but also not likely imo.