Forum › Posts by Kurohane

Kurohane
Fear-dull02
joined Jan 1, 2017

In chapters 19 & 20, the page 9 on both are the same page. It seems to belong to chapter 20 regarding context. If so, chapter 19's page was overwritten.

last edited at Jul 14, 2017 12:31AM

Kurohane
Fear-dull02
joined Jan 1, 2017

First Shitsurakuen, now this!? Square Enix just doesn't treat its yuri titles well.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 2:05PM

Kurohane
Fear-dull02
joined Jan 1, 2017

That promise to go see the salt flats in Bolivia kinda makes me wary about the ending, because i believe it would be a good point to end the series, with them as an adult, looking back at those time when they were a teenager.

The problem is if it does happen, i just can't see two of them are going out, while one of them just left alone with their feeling unreciprocated. Years of reading manga made me believe that for the scene to happen is none of them are going out, they moved on by being married. So that when they look back at their teenager years, they're left to wonder whats going to happen if they do things differently (like actually going out with their respective crushes).

This is just my farfetched prediction, and maybe i'm too pessimistic, though i loved to be proven wrong. Whatever happened, the fact that i kinda enjoyed the series as it is now was enough for me.

The promise can evolve during the story. Who's to say Asakura or Subaru won't come with them. Or this promise could just be used for drama when the three start to get estranged from each other due to their secrets coming out, and they remember, "oh yeah, we promised to do that", and the knife gets pushed deeper.

Kurohane
Fear-dull02
joined Jan 1, 2017

Okay, so there was another group Kotooka was with, and that ended terribly. I understood why people thought that after chapter 7, but there were still a few other possible interpretations. And now, it's being expanded upon.

Alright author, we get it. No need to keep emphasizing how they have fun when the issues don't come to the forefront. Also, I wonder if M. night Shyamalan made that movie lol.

Tsukasa and Nadeshiko have been on this rollercaster of being happy when thinking or talking with their crush, and sad when their crush shows displays of affection to someone else. While I know it's completely understandable when being enamored, I've been waiting for something to push them back to ground level. Maybe that will start happening in the upcoming chapters.

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 7:39PM

Kurohane
Fear-dull02
joined Jan 1, 2017

I think this chapter hints of Asakura being Washio's first crush. Just from him saying he was confessed to in his sixth year of school which is still elementary in Japan. And that flashback to him as a kid and how it was suspiciously shown from the back as to not show the front of his T-shirt.

But seriously, the main characters should really focus on what their love interest is now and not that first moment they shared together.

Kotooka seems to be the only one doing that. The scene in Chapter 2 where she was talking about Tsukasa with Washio as they were looking at her practice stands out; the fact she seemed to look up that information herself. And I always to remember Asakura's words to Tsukasa about "to know is to like someone", and that they may be the arc words of the story. While the inner turmoil she's going through may be a large factor, Kotooka is definitely the most rational out of the three in handling their crush. And that's why I think she's the least likely person to change love interests, because she's actively trying to fall out of love with Tsukasa.

Kurohane
Fear-dull02
joined Jan 1, 2017

Washio I sympathize with - I think it's unfair to fault her for being "selfish" in love, as romantic love and desire is naturally selfish in this respect. She's out to win, if she has to play the game she will.

That's why I like Washio a lot. She's going for it now at least. And damn it I think she's cool!

The problem is she's playing a losing game, and that continuing to vie for Kotooka's affection is only going to continue to hurt Tsukasa unwittingly, and put Kotooka in a tough spot. Kotooka has a point about Washio not knowing anything. She doesn't know Tsukasa has feelings for her, and while she knows that Kotooka knows about her crush, she doesn't know how seriously Kotooka is trying to keep things in "balance". It doesn't help that she realizes Kotooka is shooting her down in a indirect way, but is going to continue to try to win her over. She knows one aspect of the situation, but not the whole picture.

My main point is Washio is as much a flawed character as the rest of the girls. She's keeping what she knows a secret so that she can run away from the reality that Kotooka doesn't think of her that way. What's critical is that she doesn't need to be pretend to not know to continue to vie for her feelings. I mean Asakura is proof of that. But it's safer for her as it acts as a sort of protection. Still, what this is going to do is put Kotooka more on the spot from Washio continuing to not "take the hints", and push her to take more extreme measures, while Tsukasa is going to resent Kotooka more by rejecting Washio's advances.

last edited at Jan 2, 2017 1:58PM

Kurohane
Fear-dull02
joined Jan 1, 2017

I do get why she's so focused on her 1st crush,

It's not her first crush. That's plot device-kun.

last edited at Jan 1, 2017 9:50PM

Kurohane
Fear-dull02
joined Jan 1, 2017

I like this same reasoning but through similar yet different circumstances that Tsukasa and Washio share. Tsukasa is one who finds that her crush having a crush on someone else, and Washio is one who finds that her crush knows about her feelings and is turning her down. Though a bit different, they both result in heartbreak, and both resolve to continue to try to win over their respective crush. Washo's is a bit more egoistic though since she knows her crush is actively turning her down, but still wants to try. And that also makes Washio similar to Asakura as he hasn't given up on Tsukasa even when she turned him down.

last edited at Jan 1, 2017 11:18PM