Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Expected ending, but not satisfied. I didn't even realize this was being axed until the very last page of the chapter (because I haven't checked back on this thread). :')

Now for the chapter summary (the chapter itself is 50+ pages long, sue me):

Picking up from where the last chapter left off, Tsukasa drags Kotooka to Washio's place so they can finally reconcile and go back to being friends. However, Kotooka and Washio end up bickering again, which drives Tsukasa to her wit's end. Tsukasa speaks up and points out that neither of her friends are faultless, and that they should also consider her feelings as well. Kotooka and Washio eventually come to agree with Tsukasa, and the three of them make up. Cue the waterworks from Tsukasa because she's glad they've come together again and it will no longer be lonely for her.

Meanwhile, Asakura sees Subaru's sleeping face and is sent into yet another fit of confusion because of how similar he looks to Tsukasa (being identical twins and all). Subaru wakes up because of Asakura's fidgeting and they have a lighthearted conversation about how no one has really ever called Subaru by his given name before (which Asakura did before he stumbled upon Subaru's napping scene). Asakura shoots him a smile, which prompts Subaru to ask him why he's smiling. Asakura brushes it off and just tells him that it's a secret.

The rest of the characters are also asked questions that are unintentionally personal (e.g. Tsukasa is asked about who she likes or Subaru is asked about why he's spacing out) and they all reply by telling the other person that "it's a secret." BUT that's not super important.

Now in the classroom, Washio and Tsukasa are chatting by the windowsill, where Washio thanks Tsukasa for being one of the main reasons why the three of them are friends. Tsukasa tries to brush it off by telling Washio that she's just exaggerating, but Washio insists it's true and that she is really glad that she could become friends with somebody like Tsukasa. Of course, Tsukasa is fucking miffed because she just got friendzoned dons a pained expression upon hearing this... and just to add the cherry on top, her insensitive as fuck classmates ask her if she has somebody she likes and they tell her that one's first love never really comes true.

Inner monologue from Tsukasa ensues as she's staring at Washio, Kotooka and Kashiwagi from behind. Tsukasa observes that the three are bickering over something and that it's clearly a 2 versus 1 situation, but they are still a group of three. She compares it to their friend group, where even if it's split off into two and one, they can still verbally call themselves a group of three. Tsukasa thinks that one day, Washio may be able to get Kotooka to come around especially because Kotooka previously stated that it would be nice if she could come to genuinely like somebody that liked her. But even so, Tsukasa will continue to treasure her own feelings, Washio's words, Kotooka's sentiments and this feeling of pain for which she has yet to come to find a name for.

In the final scene, Kotooka asks Tsukasa to lend them a hand with their committee work, to which Tsukasa responds with "Why me?!" Kotooka's reason is simply that they're a friend group of three, so obviously they all have to be together. Tsukasa accepts this, but before she is able to trot off, her classmates teasingly stop her by accusing her of dodging their earlier question. They ask her again: "Do you really not have anyone that you like?", which prompts Tsukasa to smile at them and tell her classmates that "it's a secret."

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 8:43AM

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Weak but expected ending. Wonder if it would've been different were it not cancelled.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Blegh that summary left a nasty aftertaste. I still think that it's pretty amazing that until the bitter end, the author was still able to write 50+ pages, but have nothing actually happen in those 50 pages.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

It probably would have turned out differently if it wasn't axed, I think. Even if these "pairings" were meant to be the end game, at least we would have a more conclusive ending. As it is now, I feel like there were a loooot of things that were just left unanswered.

Also, I just feel like Subaru and Asakura were meant to end up together through some slow development, but looks like it got rushed and nothing ever happened. ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ On the other hand, Washio x Kotooka or OT3 would've been my guess.

joined Mar 9, 2014

Are the last few chapters going to still be released here? Or does someone have a link to them.

So ive been curious to what the ending would be like in the series so curious that i didnt study at all yesterday and i have a test tomorrow. I caught all the way up, only to find that its being cancled. So not only did i not do my hw, my motivation for not doing it doesnt even exist. All thats left is the pain from reading all of this like angst + the anxiety from not having studied yet. WHYYY NOOOOO GDI

Ok but aside from that why do i ship K and T whyyy whyyyy whyyy at first i shipped T and W but i guess the angst captures us. Like Washio has the least angst in a sense by getting to tell someone who she likes. Tbh i wish it was OT3 they get married together. But you can tell theyve made it clear that each one doesnt see the one that likes them more than a friend. Honestly they all need to confess like K said, maybe it would be better, itd take a lot of burden off all of them. The freedom to share. lol but it seems T and W value the trio more than K does in a sense. Like K is pessimistic and thinks its impossible for them to be together forever. Well with how much pain there is yh it looks pretty terrible. Welp
Sad laifu

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Are the last few chapters going to still be released here? Or does someone have a link to them.

So ive been curious to what the ending would be like in the series so curious that i didnt study at all yesterday and i have a test tomorrow. I caught all the way up, only to find that its being cancled. So not only did i not do my hw, my motivation for not doing it doesnt even exist. All thats left is the pain from reading all of this like angst + the anxiety from not having studied yet. WHYYY NOOOOO GDI

Ok but aside from that why do i ship K and T whyyy whyyyy whyyy at first i shipped T and W but i guess the angst captures us. Like Washio has the least angst in a sense by getting to tell someone who she likes. Tbh i wish it was OT3 they get married together. But you can tell theyve made it clear that each one doesnt see the one that likes them more than a friend. Honestly they all need to confess like K said, maybe it would be better, itd take a lot of burden off all of them. The freedom to share. lol but it seems T and W value the trio more than K does in a sense. Like K is pessimistic and thinks its impossible for them to be together forever. Well with how much pain there is yh it looks pretty terrible. Welp
Sad laifu

No, the last volume hasn't been translated yet (not even sure if it's released). I've just been viewing the raw chapters as they released on the official website (you won't be able to view anything prior to the most recent chapter with the exception of the first chapter though). The scanlation group that does Nanashi no Asterism only translates by volume, so we'll have to wait on the release of the volume first and then the group will work their magic.

Many of us on this discussion thread have been rooting for Kotooka x Tsukasa, but I feel like that's primarily because we hardly get to see anything from Washio's perspective. I personally find it amusing that there are so few Washio x Kotooka shippers though!

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

I personally find it amusing that there are so few Washio x Kotooka shippers though!

It's a lonely existence. Kind of like PachuMari shipping. Why do I like all the pairings that nobody seems to give a flying toss about...?

Sad
joined Mar 31, 2017

Just read the last chapter that's up on the official site, and I'm actually pretty content with the ending, even if it isn't the best around. I think I cherish all three so much that I don't want any definite splits to happen, so that might be why I'm okay with it haha

Maybe someone'll make a doujinshi of this and have a real good twist on it though? That might be interesting to read.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

http://bato.to/reader#ca1df1b446ea5886_45 back of the cover of the last volume it seems?

So it seems that they are still friend, but settled with boyfriends and are thinking about marriage?

Man, that manga was pointless. The only couple that went somewhere seem to be the yaoi one

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 4:51AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Fuck this really, especially if this was the intended outcome since the beginning

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

They can't keep getting away with this

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The triangle couldn't be solved anyway.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Definitively not by staying in the status quo, not to say some development couldn't happen
But i guess that's asking too much

joined Jan 21, 2015

http://bato.to/reader#ca1df1b446ea5886_45 back of the cover of the last volume it seems?

What a strange way to punch readers in the gut.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Oh. So I can just drop this...right now. Got it.

Ugh. Whatever. Did not enjoy this last chapter, anyway.

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

This...is....BULLSHIT!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nya-chan posted:

So it seems that they are still friend, but settled with boyfriends and are thinking about marriage?

Man, that manga was pointless. The only couple that went somewhere seem to be the yaoi one

So one start reading for the yuri, gets yaoi instead and het ... wow
I'm sorry for the people of Hachimitsu, I love what they do but I won't be touching this one anymore

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Did the cover just give away the ending? Why.jpg

I guess I'll stay away from stuff about "complicated youth between kids" from now on. I really did think this could go somewhere.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 11:30AM

This was just another manga of ADOLESCENCE
Well, at least Kou-chan and Mae-chin are happy

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

Anyone knows who kou or mae is?~

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

The orange picture talks about Tsukasa having a boyfriend... we can expect a bad ending then.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Happy End has been called. Let's see if they're able to audible at the last second to "theoretical future that's not necessarily true" or if they've just made all the time spent reading this completely worthless.

Also, Kotooka continues to be nothing but horrible and unsympathetic.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 11:59AM

joined Feb 18, 2015

Well, I'll keep reading, but I doubt that I'll enjoy the ending much... sigh...

joined May 7, 2015

It's been a long time... but... ugh. Was there any reason for Kotooka to be THIS childish? I mean, every character has its own negative side, but Kotooka is too much. She could be more charming character without being such a big pain. The author is deliberately showing her negative side and it's making me really hard to love her. I was trying hard to love her until the very last chapter.

I'm not going to be happy when I see the ending if it's without her sincere apology to everyone else.

Ss%20(2013-06-03%20at%2007.40.38)
joined Aug 23, 2014

Wow, is that cover serious? Way to fuck everyone over.

No point even continuing this shitshow if that's how the author is going to end it.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 1:10PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.