Forum › Polyamory discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

New tag for awesome yuri thing. But not sure what the main name for it should be.

Which of the names do you think should be the main name for this tag? Or can you think of any other names that it should be called? If so, give your feedback here.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I think Polyamory works just fine.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh nice, gonna keep an eye out for those it applies to

Edit: This is where the infamous A Space Voyage with Suwako-san fall in right

last edited at Mar 8, 2016 11:22PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

All chapters of Earth Girls are tagged twice. Also all chapters are doubled?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Edit: This is where the infamous A Space Voyage with Suwako-san right

I wonder if that counts, because I don't think Suwako's other partner knows about her other relationship. Poly would be if all the partners knew about and approved of the relationship up-front. In this case, they're just letting cheating slide.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Edit: This is where the infamous A Space Voyage with Suwako-san right

I wonder if that counts, because I don't think Suwako's other partner knows about her other relationship. Poly would be if all the partners knew about and approved of the relationship up-front. In this case, they're just letting cheating slide.

I dont know/remember if Suwako was seeing more people than just the mc and the husband, but I was under the impression (probs from the sequel as well) that regardless Suwako herself likely doesn't realise/see it that way (the cheating), and just loves everybody involved equally (which is a bit meh iiish because it's not what the others want)
Iirc, Suwako herself, that's what she is

last edited at Mar 8, 2016 11:41PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Faust posted:

but I was under the impression (probs from the sequel as well) that regardless Suwako herself likely doesn't realise/see it that way (the cheating), and just loves everybody involved equally (which is a bit meh iiish because it's not what the others want)

That was exactly the explanation though. She loves everyone equally that is why she doesn't consider showing mc affection, or anyone else for that matter, as cheating. To her all of people are equally important. I don't think it was bad explanation. Actually drama came from it, because she wasn't just cheating/unfaithful. Hence mc couldn't even be really mad at her, cos it wasn't as if she was going out with her half-assed or considered it just a thing on the side. If anything, it made Suwako the most tragic character, because that kind of loves isn't something we encounter often and isn't usually understood by people, hence she would be actually first to get betrayed, because as you put it yourself "it's not what the others want".

last edited at Mar 8, 2016 11:59PM

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

I don't think it fits. She might be, but the one-sided nature of it doesn't really work for the tag. Asked around a bit and the general consensus was no.

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

I think I'm going to enjoy this tag immensely. It's like a rare treat to see this tag come up

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Is Polyamory just one girl with many or more a Girl A x B x C thing? So all three love each other?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Fipse posted:

Is Polyamory just one girl with many

That is what Harem tag is for so

or more a Girl A x B x C thing? So all three love each other?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is Polyamory just one girl with many or more a Girl A x B x C thing? So all three love each other?

Polyamory requires everyone to know and approve of the relationship. So it can be one girl with more than one girlfriend, so long as the girlfriends know and approve. Simplest version would be a V-shape, with three girls, two of whom aren't going out with each other but are co-girlfriends of the one at the vertex.

But there are lots of arrangements. The key points generally are more than two partners, everyone is aware of the others and accepts the relationship structure.

Oh, and an open relationship would be different from polyamory, and of course cheating isn't the same thing as either of them.

last edited at Mar 12, 2016 6:11PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I suggested Triangle Struggle Ch. 5 at least. It fits the definition of polyamory to a T.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

I suggested Triangle Struggle Ch. 5 at least. It fits the definition of polyamory to a T.

My only worry is that it might be a spoiler, which would be a pain. But It's tagged threesome already I guess, which would give it away.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Plenty of tags are spoilery anyway.

And threesome != polyamory, of course (you can have both, of course)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I agree with Nya-chan here, this far after the fact people are more likely to use the tags to find the story rather than be spoiled by them. Spoilers really only matter while the story is still in the first few pages of Recent Changes.

Still not sure Triangle Struggle would qualify, though. And I don't like it enough to re-read and find out.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Still not sure Triangle Struggle would qualify, though. And I don't like it enough to re-read and find out.

Just the chapter 5. The rest is a triangle (with an incest twist).

The last page is enough : http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/triangle_struggle_ch05#14

Everyone knows and approves of the relationship. After all, they are living together.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I will speak here because it will be more simple. I don't have any problems with polyamory at all as i've read some works with this tags. It's just that i don't see every interaction between a group of girls as"they're all gays for each other" and i don't really like when a love triangle (i don't really love triangle to begin with but that's another matter) end up as polyamory because to me it feel like the easiest solution to avoid drama. If you're like that, good for you. I won't think bad of you but bare in mind that i won't agree with you, i just respect your opinion. I've never comment on polyamory "how gross, that shouldn't exist" NEVER .

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Is there a reason Luminous=Blue isn't tagged as polyamory, at least for the final chapter (and the last extra)? It seems to perfectly fit, and I probably would have discovered it much sooner if it was. I suggested the change, but it seems obvious enough that if it wasn't already there there would have been a reason.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Is there a reason Luminous=Blue isn't tagged as polyamory, at least for the final chapter (and the last extra)? It seems to perfectly fit, and I probably would have discovered it much sooner if it was. I suggested the change, but it seems obvious enough that if it wasn't already there there would have been a reason.

I guess just spoiler reasons, though you could argue that enough time has passed that they can be added now.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I guess just spoiler reasons, though you could argue that enough time has passed that they can be added now.

That makes sense - it was a better read not being sure they'd end up that way (in fact, actively believing there was no way they would, but hoping against hope they would because they all love eachother and make eachother happy and shagoshdoifghjsoiadh good.)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yeah i did ask for the tag back then and got told it was better not for avoid spoilers but it's kinda inconvenient for people searching for Poly stuff.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

We really are blessed right now with polyamory manga. Up from literally just a few different smut works, 3 chapters in AnoKiss, and Iono the Fanatics a few years ago to Luminous=Blue, Canno's new Triangle one, and Weird Voices Next Door all having been translated in recent history. Things are doing well.

joined Mar 5, 2019

We really are blessed right now with polyamory manga. Up from literally just a few different smut works, 3 chapters in AnoKiss, and Iono the Fanatics a few years ago to Luminous=Blue, Canno's new Triangle one, and Weird Voices Next Door all having been translated in recent history. Things are doing well.

Representation matters.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

and Iono the Fanatics a few years ago

I strongley believe that Iono is underappreciated as it's one of the few Yuri harems series non-H out there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.