Forum › there's a yuri story with werewolves in a contest Young Gangan is doing

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

And of course more powerful than any other... there's so many bad things with this manga... is a dark story with bad end, gore and rape. Is there anyone who truly enjoy this ?

don't underestimated people fetishes.

Het rape in yuri manga was just like cancer that can't be cured. I'm gonna regret if that happens again and again.

nothing more exciting than getting NTRed by yuri genre itself...

last edited at Jan 8, 2016 5:40AM

joined Jan 8, 2016

nothing more exciting than getting NTRed by yuri genre itself...

I remember when the yuri genre NTR'd me, good times

This manga looks fucking stupid, one panel they are happy go lucky, the next they are screaming at each other and crying

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

She should be a werewolf but rather Wolverine-like. Look at how she finished off the male ones while attempting to get closer to the blonde girl. Male werewolves are lecherous, gah ! Het rape in yuri manga was just like cancer that can't be cured. I'm gonna regret if that happens again and again.

There's no way this will get a series or this mangaka will get work in the future.
They probably didn't anything more to put in the contest, but if all the others works aren't better than this, I fear for Japan's mangas future.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Wtv posted:

There's no way this will get a series or this mangaka will get work in the future.
They probably didn't anything more to put in the contest, but if all the others works aren't better than this, I fear for Japan's mangas future.

No way this will become a series or the mangaka will get work in the future? Okay, now that's just plain ridiculous, not only you, but pretty much everyone here is giving extremely biased opinions, you're all judging based on visuals, cause we don't have any idea how the story really is without translation, this is from Young Gangan, the same magazine of Murcielago, so if this won the contest it actually means that not only the art was considered good but the story was too, so it actually has high chances of becoming a series.

Really, in the past I wondered why a lot of people hate yuri fans, but I learned why here on Dynasty, it's because a lot are drama queens who act entitled as if all yuri belongs to them, who whine at any subtext that is crushed because it ended in het even though it was obviously never going to end in yuri, who whine when it had lesbian or bisexual character who could have ended with another girl even though yuri was never promised, Working and Stretch are good examples of that, not to mention the simple fact that people hate how fucking biased yuri fans can be, so what, just because this is yuri it can't have rape? Can't have tragedy? Can't have a bad ending? A lot of non-yuri manga have it, there's no reason yuri can't have too.

This manga is nothing special, there's countless of non-yuri mangas that are as fucked up or more than this, only reason most of you are hating is because it's yuri, this is not a bad or shitty manga, the fact that it won the contest is more than enough proof of that, there's mangakas who live only doing mangas that are extremely fucked up, not to mention mangakas who do hentais that are even more fucked up, I really hope this becomes a series, not only because it has potential, but because yuri need to stop being cliche, all other genres have more variety of types of stories, why yuri can't have too? Of course yuri will never stop being niche if all mangas we have are pretty much all the same shit, some of you might not like it, but we need different types of yuri manga, even the ones like this.

And I'm only mentioning mangas, there's also a lot of visual novels, ovas, animes, light novels and other media that is more fucked up than this.

last edited at Jan 8, 2016 6:17PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

To be fair, lots of non yuri fucked up mangas are pretty shitty, too.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

True, lots of non-yuri fucked up mangas are considered shitty by some, but it's not only about mangas, people love to say how something they don't like is shitty, in the end what is shitty or not is more about opinion than anything else.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Wtv posted:

you're all judging based on visuals, cause we don't have any idea how the story really is without translation

Well, sorry, I know my japanese isn't that good, but those dialogues weren't that complex either.
Yeah, I didn't try to read everything, but what I did try was pretty bad.
Also, the art IS atroucious. Look at that scene she kills the werewolves. The mangaka clearly can't draw action scenes. It's on a amateur level, at best.

The manga didn't won anything. It's still a contest. It won't win, I'm sure of that, and you should too, if you know anything about mangas. This is worse than most doujins out there even.
It's not because it's dark. You can make it dark and a good story. This is not the case. If it was het, or it hadn't the rape scene, I would be saying the same thing.
I don't even know why this is here. Like, seriously, yuri fans are desperated if they'll read this.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

people love to say how something they don't like is shitty, in the end what is shitty or not is more about opinion than anything else.

Urgh, this again. Just think yourself a "My opinion is" in front of every post you read and live a happier life.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Wtv posted:

Also, the art IS atroucious. Look at that scene she kills the werewolves. The mangaka clearly can't draw action scenes. It's on a amateur level, at best.

Maybe s/he isn't good at drawing action scenes and imo it didn't look that bad, but action scenes doesn't equal entire art. The art is good. Backgrounds are detailed and characters are well drawn. Maybe s/he isn't good with fast motions but it is nothing s/he can't get better at. Seriously, even if it isn't best art in the world, it is draw well enough. If you call this atrocious, I wonder how you call something like this (found first random amateur drawing, but you get the idea). I can't comment on dialog since I didn't bother to read it but calling art atrocious is seriously a overkill.

last edited at Jan 8, 2016 7:04PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Well...the action scenes are still pretty bad. It could pass as a professional work without them. But...
Anyway, I went to the page and saw that this manga was as "honorable mention". So the contest was over. I thought it weird that there wasn't one "winner", except by the big Murcielago image. Then I saw there's actually a 20th contest (this is the 19th).

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazine/yg/wanted/goldenegg/index.html

There's actually a 21th:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazine/yg/wanted/

So...very old news? Unless I'm missing something.
This should be from the time Murcielago won.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Really, in the past I wondered why a lot of people hate yuri fans, but I learned why here on Dynasty, it's because a lot are drama queens who act entitled as if all yuri belongs to them, who whine at any subtext that is crushed because it ended in het even though it was obviously never going to end in yuri, who whine when it had lesbian or bisexual character who could have ended with another girl even though yuri was never promised, Working and Stretch are good examples of that, not to mention the simple fact that people hate how fucking biased yuri fans can be, so what, just because this is yuri it can't have rape? Can't have tragedy? Can't have a bad ending? A lot of non-yuri manga have it, there's no reason yuri can't have too.

Now who's the one with the over the top hyperbole?

joined Dec 16, 2013

of course yuri fans are biased they are YURI FANS!

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Wtv posted:

Well...the action scenes are still pretty bad. It could pass as a professional work without them. But...
Anyway, I went to the page and saw that this manga was as "honorable mention". So the contest was over. I thought it weird that there wasn't one "winner", except by the big Murcielago image. Then I saw there's actually a 20th contest (this is the 19th).

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazine/yg/wanted/goldenegg/index.html

There's actually a 21th:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazine/yg/wanted/

So...very old news? Unless I'm missing something.
This should be from the time Murcielago won.

I also didn't notice the contest was over, "honorable mention" , so much for "it won't win anything" and " worse than most doujins" xD, not complaning, I don't think it was so bad, but would never change winner for it or any other manga, Murcielago was definitely the best choice~~

Nezchan posted:

Well I am a yuri fan too, so of course I need to be exaggerated and dramatic.

koneko posted:

A true yuri fan is always a biased drama queen! So of course I'm the same, I just restrain myself.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I also didn't notice the contest was over, "honorable mention" , so much for "it won't win anything" and " worse than most doujins" xD, not complaning, I don't think it was so bad, but would never change winner for it or any other manga, Murcielago was definitely the best choice~~

Well, Honorable Mention is pretty much "won nothing" in nice.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

OriginalGengar posted:

I would say it's more like a consolation prize, "better than the rest of the losers, but not good enough to be a real winner" or "was good enough to be noticed, but not enough to deserve a prize that matter", still means people didn't think it was so bad as some here think it is.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I would say it's more like a consolation prize, "better than the rest of the losers, but not good enough to be a real winner" or "was good enough to be noticed, but not enough to deserve a prize that matter",

Which all means "won nothing" in nice. The whole concept of consolation prize is giving somebody something so they're not upset about winning nothing.
Not like getting votes is a sign of quality anyways. And where did your opinions-attitude go?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Honourable Mention often means "in the top four or five, but didn't get one of the cash prizes". Y'all clearly don't enter very many competitions, it's actually a good indication that your skills are close to the top.

If the story I have in a contest right now gets the equivalent of 4th place, I'll consider that a good endorsement of my skill, rather than a crappy consolation prize. For a writer or artist starting out it's a good showing.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Ouuufff that was really fucked up, made me feel super uncomfortable and sad
That was pretty freakin tragic and really graphic
A very morbid, excessively dark take on the (already dark) themes of the Red Riding Hood tale

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I was just having fun. :/ I used way worse than Honorable Mention as endorsement of my skill. Still think votes are mostly useless when it's not a voting base you can identify with though.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

OriginalGengar posted:

Which all means "won nothing" in nice. The whole concept of consolation prize is giving somebody something so they're not upset about winning nothing.
Not like getting votes is a sign of quality anyways. And where did your opinions-attitude go?

My opinions-attitude is out at the moment, don't worry it'll come back eventually, I say lots of things depending on my mood so don't take them personally

Nezchan posted:

Honourable Mention often means "in the top four or five, but didn't get one of the cash prizes". Y'all clearly don't enter very many competitions, it's actually a good indication that your skills are close to the top.

If the story I have in a contest right now gets the equivalent of 4th place, I'll consider that a good endorsement of my skill, rather than a crappy consolation prize. For a writer or artist starting out it's a good showing.

I never entered a contest so I don't have anya idea how things really work, I did knew that Honourable Mention was something good but I was not sure how good it was or if was any different from a consolation prize.

You also said that it is indication of the artist skill, I'm pretty sure I read other works of this mangaka, I'm just not sure if it was safe or hentai, but I'm 90% sure I recognize the art style, the name is 赤ずきんの殺し方 - どもち, which google translate as How to kill the Little Red Riding Hood - Domochi, I searched but didn't find any mangaka named Domochi, so either I recognize the art from a pixiv artist I saw on Danbooru or the mangaka used a pseudonym, although the action scenes are not very good the art is of someone with some experience, if I could just remember where did I see it.

last edited at Jan 9, 2016 1:15AM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

OriginalGengar posted:

I was just having fun. :/ I used way worse than Honorable Mention as endorsement of my skill. Still think votes are mostly useless when it's not a voting base you can identify with though.

Rather than identify with the voting base, I would say that it doesn't matter how many people think something is good if you think that is shit, when it comes to entertainment there's few things that you can say they are indeed shitty or not, most of the time it depends on the person, it's because of this that things likeTwilight and Fifty Shades of Grey sell millions even though for a lot of people they're nothing more than glorified fanfic for self-insert and that some think singers like 50 Cent have the best songs ever made and that Symphony No. 9 of Beethoven is shit.

“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Though I do admit I kind of liked Twilight movies, sometimes I wonder if it's my brain that is defective...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

koneko posted:

yuri fans are ... YURI FANS!

I don't believe you.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

OriginalGengar posted:

Honorable Mention is literally "Wasn't good enough to win, but was good enough to be worth mentioning". The line between winning and getting Honorable Mention is often thin. If anything getting a HM is always better than getting nothing at all. Also it seems you confused HM with Audience Prize. Usually in contests audience can vote for their favorite work and the work that gets most votes get a prize too as it was most popular between people. HM is given out by actual judges.

last edited at Jan 9, 2016 6:42AM

joined Jan 8, 2016

Nezchan posted:

Well I am a yuri fan too, so of course I need to be exaggerated and dramatic.

Hindsight is ....

koneko posted:

A true yuri fan is always a biased drama queen! So of course I'm the same, I just restrain myself.

....a bitch, isn't it?

joined Dec 16, 2013

the same behavior regardless what fandom.

To reply you must either login or sign up.