Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Mar 21, 2017

Maybe Foxy is referring to derivations? Like how there are several ways to derive one formula or law.

She could very well be but there are still only several correct ways right? As I said I suck at maths so you may want to wait for Orange lol

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

I thought I would jump to my point 4.. because it made better sense to me now:

Few expectations about the next few chapters.

Well, logically, Sumin would follow Sungji.. it makes no sense for her to jump to Seju.. just not yet at least!

Team Gaji still didn't give us what's going on in Sungji's mind from at least ch83 till now.. the birthday party in ch84 is really something.. and so ch88.. if you think that she decided just on the coffee table this chapter, rethink again! she seemed to have decided even the night before.. didn't even promise Sumin back.. and her sentences were cut off at the end of this chapter.

Sungji's mind is very crucial because she kept noticing and witnessing things.. there are questions she might also ask. There will be no Sumin and Seju meeting before Sungji and Sumin meeting happens first.

as for what I guess (making a theory now).. Sumin won't be able to find Seju easily till she looks back into her papers.. she will find the address of the Villa written somewhere on the papers that Seju's father gave her.

Funny_little_penguin_steam_avatars
joined Aug 18, 2017

Wow, I just read back a couple hundred pages. I usually browse the Facebook group, so I'm used to a lot of nonsensical ranting and discussion about WDTFS. Reading the discussions here are literally like being in heaven LOL

For so long I've been wondering if I was reading the same story as everyone else XD

joined Feb 4, 2017

D1LD0Z3R
hahahaha.. have you noticed how we picked up on mpgpeg for choosing such a complicated username ?

well, you win in this department XDDDD

welcome to the thread.

I don't know now.. should I write the posts I planned ? get drunk ? or smoke?? hard to decide !

joined Feb 4, 2017

Norah, this is what Im saying about chap. 19, thevilla. I guess it takes a month for you to see that.

nope.. I don't think Seju even knew where the place was.. she didn't seem to know about that specific Villa.

so in ch19, or the young Seju would not suggest a place she doesn't know about.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Es0teric

She could very well be but there are still only several correct ways right? As I said I suck at maths so you may want to wait for Orange lol

lol Sure. There are definitely wrong and mathematically incorrect ways to derive a formula. These may lead to the wrong formula as well.

D1LD0Z3R

For so long I've been wondering if I was reading the same story as everyone else XD

Refreshing isn't it? I feel the same way.

Nora89

hahahaha.. have you noticed how we picked up on mpgpeg for choosing such a complicated username ?

I may need to copy and paste it every time...

joined Feb 4, 2017

a cigarette that is.
The movie theater scene ..etc possible connections to ch67

This is the third time we see the Movie theater:

1. Sumin and Sungji first date in ch35
  2. Dawoon and Sungji date in 66
  3. Sumin and Sungji date ch90

please notice that #2 and #3 are so drastically similar, I won't explain that much.. but the movie, then the cafe talk.. lastly the fireworks.. Sungji at some point lacked experience or a reference point. Not anymore, in #2 she lived the experience with Dawoon and somehow could feel what Sumin felt during their dates.. Sungji appeared to not only imagine Sumin and Seju together but also questions every while if Sumin is thinking about Seju or her http://imgur.com/a/ncTDA. (wait a sec.. why weren't they holding hands like in #1 during the movie)

Sungji reaction to the scarf, possible connection to ch88

Sungji's reaction to the scarf is interesting, because as Sumin gives her the scarf said: "the one I worry about is you now".. but Sungji KNOWS about the mittens too, aka: "the leftover love".. was it a moment that strengthened her conviction.. that Sumin will always has a place for Seju no matter what she says.. but there is some love she hold for her, not only that.. but also her worried face at the cafe when ppl bad mouthed Seju.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Foxy

You are conflicting here. Seju knows the place in chap. 10 that is why she suggested it to her dad.

nope, I am not conflicting. I am saying that Seju might have been thinking about a million other place but not the Villa. please take a look at Saehyun conversation with Seju, he talks about the place in a way that suggests that Seju doesn't know anything about it.

Sumin knows also but been there once and months or even a year before the physical union.

well, I don't know about this.

Bottom Line

at least for me, the place Seju suggests in ch19 or even the one they thought about in ch10 may pretty much be totally unrelated to the Villa.

Sumin would know the address from here:
http://imgur.com/a/i1SP5

joined Feb 4, 2017

Foxy just saw your edit:

Norah, this is what Im saying about chap. 19, the villa, the place where only the two of them. You counter me with your timeline to which I find it irrelevant since the boat scene happened more than a decade ago.

well, the timeline in WDTFS is the most accurate timeline I've ever seen in any work. ch10, Sumin receives the news about her parents death.. she can't even remember the city's name (would she really forget a name like that if she went to it with Seju for the best times in her life) !

but you assume that the boat trip was in Malibu, why not Jeju island ? they have boats, ocean and all.

I can't explain well about the speech bubble here. I need to hold a seminar with a projector to indicate the patterns of the many narrative arcs of WDTFS. LOL .... So, I opt to wait for you to see. So, guess it takes a month for you to see that.

I understand your speech bubble theory, I don't ,however, agree with it.. because it has been proven inconsistent. If such a narrative tool is so important, why would the speech bubble change in size and location between the official Korean and official English releases.

guess it takes a month for you to see that.

no, its not the place Seju suggested in ch19.
here is one of the reasons why I could never believe that Seju suggested any specific place to begin with in ch19.
http://imgur.com/a/SO7rC

so I guess even after 30 another years I won't get it.. nor is it related to be conflicted with the point I mentioned above.

last edited at Aug 18, 2017 8:58PM

Img_0821
joined Aug 3, 2017

mpgpeg

You are unique, Shine. I don't think many people think this way, most have already chosen a side they'd prefer more.

thank you for the compliment :p?.. I like all three of them, everybody has their own tic and unique behavior :)

WDTFS is the only story that comes to mind that blatantly states that there is a "plot twist" in the description. I wonder why...

Thaaank you! I thougth the same exact thing xD!

Haha, so she seems a little too nice to you?

Maybe? I find it's really wonderful how she is. Don't get me wrong, I would immediately open my arms, if I could find someone like Sungji xD
but in this world I think everybody has a small darkside..

That's great. :) Way more than me.

Could be hm.. :p i completed around 145 mangas at the moment.. and 70~ still reading (waiting for new chapters..)

Arghh.. sometimes that doesn't work either :(

Interesting... That's all I could really help with. XD

But thanks for the effort to help me ;p

See Shine, your english is not bad. I would even say, fluent. ;)

Hey my Foxy lady :)

I can't handle compliments! :P but thank you very much, I try my best and the english dictionary is a lot of help x3

joined Jun 23, 2017

Shine

thank you for the compliment :p?.. I like all three of them, everybody has their own tic and unique behavior :)

That's great, Shine. :) All three have many layers.

Maybe? I find it's really wonderful how she is. Don't get me wrong, I would immediately open my arms, if I could find someone like Sungji xD
but in this world I think everybody has a small darkside..

I would too. I would want to protect her from harm. XD

She has a bit of a darkside, if you count jealousy I guess, but that's natural.

Could be hm.. :p i completed around 145 mangas at the moment.. and 70~ still reading (waiting for new chapters..)

Woah... Bravo...

But thanks for the effort to help me ;p

Anytime. :)

joined Jun 23, 2017

Foxy lady

For chap. 67, the space, which is the mall, that is constant. While time was varied, the light blue background while talking with Sungji and the white background talking to Seju.

I see now what that disagreement was about... I was too caught up in exams at the time to really read everything, like I would usually do.

I don't think that's the case, Foxy. It seemed pretty straightforward to me. It was just a conversation between Sungji and Sumin. Seju was not a part of it.

I will be discussing the speech bubble as used by Team Gaji as set as a parameter on how it is used in this manwha in chapter 1. I hope I will be doing justice to their beautiful art.

Finally got around to reading your previous post.

I looked at the chapters you mentioned and the significance you concluded from each connection. I think some of these can be made even without the speech bubble concept. However, others that rely solely on it are questionable.

I agree with Nora on this.

If such a narrative tool is so important, why would the speech bubble change in size and location between the official Korean and official English releases.

The speech bubbles are meant to fit the dialogue that the author wants the character to think or say. Their size or location depends on this and if they happen to fit in the panel, they do. If they don't, then they don't, obviously. Depends on artistic and practicality purposes.

I think you may be giving Team Gaji too much credit on this one, Foxy. XD It's highly unlikely that they thought each panel and each chapter through to that extent.

last edited at Aug 18, 2017 10:37PM

joined May 18, 2017

So....

No inheritance for Seju because her father put that under Sumin's name no?

Sumin should at least return that to Seju.

joined Aug 18, 2017

@Nora89
Hahaha, well I saw someone use the username "Dildozer" somewhere and I liked it but I didn't want to COMPLETELY steal it XDD. I usually just use my own name for usernames...(am not creative)

@mpgpeg

Extremely refreshing. I feel like I'm gaining back some of the IQ points I lost LMAO.

joined Aug 18, 2017

As for the Villa, I'm kind of on the fence. It might just be the translation, but Sehyun says, "It's THE Villa." As if Seju is supposed to know about this Villa. But then he goes on to explain why it's significant to Seju. That might just be for the reader, but I don't know. The rest of the conversation makes it seem like Seju didn't really know about it.

But you know what I noticed? In chapter 35 where it shows the flashback with Sehyun and Chahee, http://imgur.com/V6y8Df5 . Look at that side paneling!! Then it flashes forward to Sehyun waking up before having to fly out to meet up with Seju. http://imgur.com/6KLIBgU . It's the same view from outside the window. Does this mean Sehyun has been living in the Villa?

Something that has been bugging me is what Seju said to Sumin in chapter 89. She says there is somewhere she wants to go (So I'm thinking the Villa obvi) but then when Sumin refuses, she doesn't look surprised or upset. She looks serene, as if she wasn't expecting a yes anyway. BUT THEN, in chapter 90, her brother invites her to come to the Villa and she says she's not going! Is she upset because Sumin completely rejected her and decided to call off her plan to go to the Villa or was talking about going somewhere else? Maybe I'm missing something, but it just feels weird.

joined Feb 4, 2017

yes, D1LD0Z3R

But you know what I noticed? In chapter 35 where it shows the flashback with Sehyun and Chahee, http://imgur.com/V6y8Df5 . Look at that side paneling!! Then it flashes forward to Sehyun waking up before having to fly out to meet up with Seju. http://imgur.com/6KLIBgU . It's the same view from outside the window. Does this mean Sehyun has been living in the Villa?

this is what I meant in here:

we have seen it before, YUP. Go with me to ch35, last scene, Saehyun had a dream about Seju's mother, take a look at the window.. it is not in a hotel room.. he wakes up to look at the note marking his arrival to Korea (8/10). So, he was out of Korea, possibly the U.S.. and the father asked Seju to drive him personally from the airport so the other Baeks won't know where he was. Lastly, he said that the place is in a good condition ch89, so he saw it recently.

joined Feb 4, 2017

"can't read or lazy".

you are still caught up with this one even though I NEVER directed it to you.. but if you like to think about this way, then who am I to stop you. :D

last edited at Aug 19, 2017 1:10AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Nora

LOL I woke up and you literally spilled everything, LOLLLLL, we're not sure yet so I thought it should wait? LOLLLL

And btw, I dont completely agree with Foxy Lady in everything but only this, Seju seems to be already there in the past. She just stopped visitting there for some reasons. She knows the place and where it is. The tone of the conversation between Seju and Saehyun really had that vibe.

Other theories, like the boat, Sumin knows about the place, I dont know so I wont argue xDDDDDD

joined Aug 18, 2017

@ Nora

Oh, oops XD. I should have read better.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I have this crazy idea since last night, LOLLL. About Saehyun xDDDDD. That he is actually the remaining danger Seju has xDDDDD, that if she agrees to go with Saehyun to the villa, she'll be at the place where only Saehyun knows the location, only him and Seju for the rest of life xDDDDDDD.

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie0104

Seju seems to be already there in the past. She just stopped visitting there for some reasons. She knows the place and where it is. The tone of the conversation between Seju and Saehyun really had that vibe.

technically, if she was indeed born in the U.S, then yes she was there at least in here very young age. However, under any case I don't think Seju knew the place really or that she meant it in ch19.. nor in ch10.
That's the main point. I won't fight over it though.

D1LD0Z3R

Oh, oops XD. I should have read better.

more or less, it was a nice more detailed and organised idea than the one I wrote XDDD

last edited at Aug 19, 2017 1:28AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

technically, if she was indeed born in the U.S, then yes she was there at least in here very young age. However, under any case I don't think Seju knew the place really or that she meant it in ch19.. nor in ch10.
That's the main point. I won't fight over it though.

The one in chap 19, or 10, I dont give comment, I dont know about that, my point is only she has been there, she knows the place and the meaning of the place, that's all xDDDDDD. She might live there for a while even

did you think really that I would come up with such a burning idea and not spell it out XD

I've had it since last chap, just more convincing this chap xDDDD, and I still patiently wait for the confirmation xDDDDD, you spill it all, lol xDDDDD

last edited at Aug 19, 2017 1:29AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie

LOL I woke up and you literally spilled everything, LOLLLLL, we're not sure yet so I thought it should wait? LOLLLL

did you think really that I would come up with such a burning idea and not spell it out XD

she knows the place and the meaning of the place, that's all xDDDDDD. She might live there for a while even

I paid another reading for it.. there is a possibility that she knows the place.. but Sumin to know where Seju is, I guess she would have to look in her papers.

I've had it since last chap, just more convincing this chap xDDDD, and I still patiently wait for the confirmation xDDDDD, you spill it all

all you have to guess was that the villa is abroad XDDD what other confirmations did you need more !! the guy just arrived last month from the states (October) so he know that the place is ready and nice. XD

last edited at Aug 19, 2017 1:37AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I paid another reading for it.. there is a possibility that she knows the place.. but Sumin to know where Seju is, I guess she would have to look in her papers.

I have other theories about Sumin knowing the place but lets wait to see xDDD because honestly, there is a great possibility the place wont even appear even in the end xDDDDDD, just mentioning in talks xDDDD

joined Aug 29, 2015

I applaud Sungji for being a supportive girlfriend to Sumin all this time but I never really seen her and Sumin connect into an emotional level. I understand why Sumin doesn't want to be honest with Sungji about how she still deeply cares for Seju but I think Sungji just wants Sumin to share her pain with her. at this point I think the spark between them is gone lol Sungji's behavior is like "I still love you but this isn't working out"

maybe Saehyun wants to reveal to Seju that he is her father lol and it is the reason why he wants to bring her there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.