SO BADLY

OMG no one is paying attention to me -__-

Take a chill pill and see a hot female doctor

weewoo-weewoo-weewoo-weewoo

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

1.What you want to happen.
2.What you think will happen.
3,What actually happens. (You forgot this one.)
Without 3. it is impossible to declare if someone is delusional after all we all have our own version of "want" and "think". es0teric or someone else mentioned awhile ago that they didn't like to analyze unfinished work, and I could see why they wouldn't want to do that because the lack of all 3 create too many "delusional thinkers".

Haha you're right..which was why I deliberately omitted 3, because when compared to reality, everything else is something we "conjure up" and then we would be talking about how everyone here might be "delusional" -me included- but that wasn't what I was trying to get at.

I was only drawing comparison between (1) and (2). As Tyrion Lannister (Tyrion also wants a cameo appearance here alongside foxy lady's Dumbledore XDDD) puts it "a wise man once said you should never believe a thing simply because you want to believe it".

"What we think will happen" is defined by logic and rational reasoning and sometimes even intuition (but even for intuition one can argue that it is less about suddenly "knowing" the right answer and more about instinctively understanding what information is unimportant and can thus be discarded i.e. as a "common wisdom" emerging over what information was superfluous and what was essential)

For "What we want to happen", we want what we want and it is not always logical (I want to fly without being on an aeroplane XDDD). I guess what I was trying to say is, the two are shaped by completely different factors and when they are not aligned, it creates a sort of cognitive dissonance if you will.

Does orange juice give me buzz? If yes, 10 orders please XD.

lol I will spike the orange juice just for you XDDD

last edited at Jul 31, 2017 10:00PM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

I am guilty of trying to shove my ideas into others head.. But I want you to know that I had no intention of convincing you of any ending.. this is not my goal.

Nora, I can't speak for everyone but I never thought you were trying to "shove ideas" into people's head (anyway if it can be easily shoved, maybe the brain is a little leaky to begin with XDDD)

Frankly, you sound like the person in chap. 10.....XD

Foxy lady lol did you mean Mr Kim?

The longest distance is between the heart to the mind. It takes a lifetime to journey. :)

Yes it probably is...

One orange juice, please...

Coming right up. It comes in two version, spiked and unspiked...your choice LOL

joined Mar 21, 2017

Orange

I agree with you but without the ending though can we truly say who is purely going by "what they want to happen" and "what they think is happening". Like, can we really make that judgement?

I may have just repeated Momonosuke there.

At the risk of raining judgement down on myself i am unsure of whom the original comment was aimed at.

last edited at Jul 31, 2017 11:23PM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Esoterica
Firstly, one can think and rationalize regardless of how the story will unfold..(just like how we can always strive to achieve something and whether we succeed in the endeavour or not is a different story). Anyway the point of discussing the story here, to me at least, is not so much to "predict" the ending (this will be boring because I like to be surprised) as it is to see how people perceive it. To me, the different perceptions add depth to the story regardless of whether or not I think the same way (in fact, I find it most intriguing when it's something different from what I think)

but without the ending though can we truly say who is purely going by "what they want to happen" and "what they think is happening". Like can we really make that judgement?

Yes we can. What we think is happening can be rationalized but what we want to happen is a matter of preference and often there is no logic to this.

On a separate note, there is a big difference between (1) rationalizing from existing evidence (without knowing how the story will unfold) to come up with a possible conclusion and (2) knowing the ending and then use the foresight to backtrack and see the things you did not see in the story before..

At the risk of raining judgement down on myself i am unsure of whom the original comment was aimed at.

Nobody. This is what I meant by getting involved without getting involved XDDDD

last edited at Jul 31, 2017 11:36PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Orange

Bear with me as i may just be misunderstanding you.

Yes we can. What we think is happening can be rationalized but what we want to happen is a matter of preference and often there is no logic to this.

So without providing evidence to back up ones assertion it is just "what you want to happen" rather than "what you think will happen"?

last edited at Jul 31, 2017 11:52PM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Esoterica

So without providing evidence to back up ones assertion it is just "what you want to happen" rather than "what you think will happen"?

Yes, to me it is

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 12:01AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Orange

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions so i could understand what you were getting at.

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Esoterica
Anytime. This is a nice distraction for when I am procrastinating doing something else XDDDD

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

hehhehehe.. I am not trying to keep this going on for longer, but I always had those questions:
1- why would anyone feel "entitled" to be convinced of something
2- why does anyone feel the need to justify discussing a manhwa in a DISCUSSION thread ?

blows my mind.. it's like wanting to go to a restaurant but not see people eat AND you want the chef to only cook what YOU like.. hehehe obviously, I just want to take 2 hours train trip to that restaurant and back XD

joined Feb 4, 2017

Vanbun, I apologise.. I missed this comment. here

I think I've put to much emphasis of sungji character as a cunning lady... but I just want to weight and underline to some team blonde that sungji isn't " just an angel ".

this is very true, saying that Sungji is "an angel" is what Orange calls it "insulting" to Sungji. on my side, I find it as ignorance to Sungji's growth throughout the whole Manhwa..

Because sometimes I see people comment like: sungji is an angel, while seju is evil who suck sumin's life, so sumin better end up with sungji. Lol

actually, your whole comment was on point, I want to emphasise this, Sungji went from a very innocent girl who doesn't know how it feels to like someone and would get starlet if touched ch25, to a person so eager to have sex so could prevent her love one (Sumin) from hurting herself by being with (Seju) from HER perspective and to feel wanted and attractive as well. And later on, she changed from someone who would say whatever in her mind to a person who will hide information and not only that, but to stand on the face of her own boss.

It's really important to understand Sungji's growth as it helps to understand even Seju's and Sumin's.. Sungji is not being evil, that's not what I said, but she is being an adult.. our morals get tested and we weight cost and benefit.. hide information when necessary and have our own justifications for it. Sungji never been tested before, as she came from a stable household and didn't need to defend anything before. This is very interesting as I said, understanding Sungji's growth DOES help in understanding Seju's motives.

We reached a point where Sungji understands where Seju is coming from and why she feels what she felt during the very beautiful cafe conversation in ch83. Slowly but surely, Sungji will also understand why Seju did what she did later on, and when that happens, Sungji would have no reason to fight back or feel protective of Sumin.

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 2:34AM

Eliz
joined Jul 26, 2017

Orange
I understood what you meant. I was nitpicking because the use of the word "delusional". Delusional individuals actually believe their imagination, and maybe driven to prove it. At which point, their thinking and want are synonymous. You were describing an internal conflict...more like denial or stubbornness. They are very different. Denial individuals are self-conscious and are likely to self-correct overtime, but can't say the same to delusionals.

PS. I love that you quoted Tyrion. He is my fav! And OMG, the last episode....

Yes, to me it is

Ehh, to me, it is not. I can't read mind... how can I tell if he is not thinking what he wants....
For example: She is going to take off her nightgown.
A statement without any proof or context. I can tell you I want it to happen and I think it will happen.

I think Es0teric's question is a trap. (Now, do I want it to be a trap?)

Edit: By not accepting what he says is what he thinks, you are implying he is lying. The question is definitely a trap!

PS. I am just fooling around because I am buzz again. BIZZZZZZ.

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 2:58AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

By not accepting what he says is what he thinks, you are implying he is lying. The question is definitely a trap!

I'm giving Es0teric the benefit of the doubt here. There were times when I thought he or she was sarcastic, when that was not the case. XD

I think it's a genuine question.

I am just fooling around because I am buzz again. BIZZZZZZ.

Haha, okay.

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 2:59AM

Eliz
joined Jul 26, 2017

I am just fooling around because I am buzz again. BIZZZZZZ.

Haha, okay.

jpge, Monday night is soooooo long.

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

momonosuke

I was nitpicking because the use of the word "delusional". Delusional individuals actually believe their imagination, and maybe driven to prove it. At which point, their thinking and want are synonymous. You were describing an internal conflict...more like denial or stubbornness. They are very different. Denial individuals are self-conscious and are likely to self-correct overtime, but can't say the same to delusionals.

lol I realized the danger of using the word "delusional" and I decided to risk it but I phrased it as ":bordering on the delusional" perhaps that was still a poor choice of words XD

He is my fav! And OMG, the last episode....

LOL he is also my favourite! So full of wit and I love his sense of humor. The last episode was the best out of the 3 in this season for me XD

Ehh, to me, it is not. I can't read mind... how can I tell if he is not thinking what he wants....

Haha sorry if I didn't make it clear. I meant it as an internal rationalization...(in someone's head), separate from whether the person eventually shares the rationalization with another person or not.

joined Jun 23, 2017

momonosuke

Monday night is soooooo long.

Agreed. XD

joined Mar 21, 2017

Momonosuke

Now you have me questioning whether it was a trap or not.

Eliz
joined Jul 26, 2017

Es0teric
Have you figured it out yet? I am waiting....

why would anyone feel "entitled" to be convinced of something

So vague, not to mention the lack of context.... I am not convinced. lol.

Orange

The last episode was the best out of the 3 in this season for me XD

Yea, can't believe Little Finger died like that.

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 3:34AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Es0teric
Have you figured it out yet? I am waiting....

No I don't think it was. I posed it as a question so that I could be corrected if I was just making a wrong assumption.

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 4:45AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Whattttt!

Peter died !!!

joined Mar 21, 2017

Doesn't everyone die eventually on that show ;)

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Doesn't everyone die eventually on that show ;)

Never Tyrion! XDDDD

last edited at Aug 1, 2017 5:11AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

I mean that lame kit harington should've stayed dead for God's sake.. that lame Jon Snow Arghhhh

To reply you must either login or sign up.