Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

since we are at it, the 2nd volume of WDTFS book, has an extra chapter.. I wish I could find it somewhere even if not translated
or better, how can I buy the book without being stumbled by a million question that I can't answer

last edited at Jun 25, 2017 4:21PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Izz
This is bringing back a lot of childhood memories. I remember watching those behind the scenes videos on Nick when Avatar was still airing. Have not seen Korra though. (This should probably be off-topic right?)

TLDR I wouldn't mind if they'd pick WDTFS up bu the amount of sex this manhwa has is too huge for any studio to even consider such thing, I'm afraid. Manga with a lot of sex isn't animated so I can't see manhwa or manhua with this content ending up on the screen.

Yes, you are right. That's why I could potentially see it as a live-action more than an animated show. There are no fantasy elements, so it can be done properly with the right people. But again, highly unlikely.

last edited at Jun 25, 2017 4:36PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

since we are at it, the 2nd volume of WDTFS book, has an extra chapter.. I wish I could find it somewhere even if not translated
or better, how can I buy the book without being stumbled by a million question that I can't answer

Another disadvantage to this being a Korean comic, not a Japanese one. Lesser audience and a lower chance of an English distributor.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Izz
This is bringing back a lot of childhood memories. I remember watching those behind the scenes videos on Nick when Avatar was still airing. Have not seen Korra though. (This should probably be off-topic right?)

OT or not, Korra is so much better than Aang :) I highly advise you watching it. A lot of the story in the first 2 books is around the love triangle while the remaining 2 are about healing which makes WDTFS a tiny little bit similar to it. I don't think it sould be considered a spoiler... but you haven't seen the show so you may still not know that korrasami is the very first canon bisexual cartoon couple and I've found their story very deep and enjoyable. I'm so happy the first comic is coming up in a month or so.
Note: I would not consider LOK a kid's show. Suicides, torture, killing people on the screen and PTSD...

TLDR I wouldn't mind if they'd pick WDTFS up bu the amount of sex this manhwa has is too huge for any studio to even consider such thing, I'm afraid. Manga with a lot of sex isn't animated so I can't see manhwa or manhua with this content ending up on the screen.

Yes, you are right. That's why I could potentially see it as a live-action more than an animated show. There are no fantasy elements, so it can be done properly with the right people. But again, highly unlikely.

I really hate live action asian movies... ugh, all of them are so bad I couldn't stand watching for more than 15 minutes. Can't see WDTFS getting one either though. But I could see it being turned into a series of novels :)

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Maybe someone will put it on Amazon or ebay?

joined Jun 23, 2017

OT or not, Korra is so much better than Aang :) I highly advise you watching it. A lot of the story in the first 2 books is around the love triangle while the remaining 2 are about healing which makes WDTFS a tiny little bit similar to it. I don't think it sould be considered a spoiler... but you haven't seen the show so you may still not know that korrasami is the very first canon bisexual cartoon couple and I've found their story very deep and enjoyable. I'm so happy the first comic is coming up in a month or so.
Note: I would not consider LOK a kid's show. Suicides, torture, killing people on the screen and PTSD...

I did know about that coupling in the end. My sister watched it as it aired. Cool, I really enjoyed Avatar, so I will definitely check out Korra. :) I do not know what has been holding me back, to be honest.

I really hate live action asian movies... ugh, all of them are so bad I couldn't stand watching for more than 15 minutes. Can't see WDTFS getting one either though. But I could see it being turned into a series of novels :)

I know what you mean. I was thinking more of like, if Darren Aronofsky were to direct it, or even Ang Lee. It would be great if they would keep the main three Asian, but given western films, that would not be likely. If it were an arthouse film, that might be a different story, because those are not made with the intent on making a lot of money in the box office.

Anyways, that is mostly all I have to add to this topic. XD

Maybe someone will put it on Amazon or ebay?

That would be great as well.

joined Mar 21, 2017

When people say live action asian films are you mainly referring to live adaptions of Manga rather than asian movies in general?

joined Jun 23, 2017

When people say live action asian films are you mainly referring to live adaptions of Manga rather than asian movies in general?

Depends on the person I guess. There are many good Asian films. For example, I have not watched it yet, but I heard great things about "The Handmaiden." And usually manga live adaptations even done in Japan are not great, from what I hear.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Depends on the person I guess. There are many good Asian films. For example, I have not watched it yet, but I heard great things about "The Handmaiden." And usually manga live adaptations even done in Japan are not great, from what I hear.

Yeah that's why i was checking. Asian cinema as a whole is amazing i find but yeah the adaptations are generally poor quality.

Now an adaption of this could work in the hands of someone like Park Chan-wook. But would Sejus character live up to fans expectations.

last edited at Jun 25, 2017 7:00PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Now an adaption of this could work in the hands of someone like Park Chan-wook. But would Sejus character live up to fans expectations.

Good question, would any of the three live up to expectations? But I could definitely see that. Can someone like him please buy the rights to this? It deserves a larger audience.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Good question, would any of the three live up to expectations? But I could definitely see that. Can someone like him please buy the rights to this? It deserves a larger audience.

I mainly said Seju as she seems to have the most fans on here lol. But yeah all three characters really.

joined Jun 23, 2017

I mainly said Seju as she seems to have the most fans on here lol. But yeah all three characters really.

Well, Sungji is supposed to be a heart-stopping beauty that "looks like a foreigner," so there are high expectations set there. Especially if she was confessed to as many times as stated in the manhwa. I guess you could say Sumin has the lowest expectations.

Nevertheless, I just hope the acting is on point. That is most important to me, to be able to depict the emotions of each character accurately.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Well, Sungji is supposed to be a heart-stopping beauty that "looks like a foreigner," so there are high expectations set there. Especially if she was confessed to as many times as stated in the manhwa. I guess you could say Sumin has the lowest expectations.

Nevertheless, I just hope the acting is on point. That is most important to me, to be able to depict the emotions of each character accurately.

Depends what you mean by expectations i guess. But yeah acting plays a huge part but so does direction of the actors by the director. It's a mix of all things that make a great film.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Depends what you mean by expectations i guess. But yeah acting plays a huge part but so does direction of the actors by the director. It's a mix of all things that make a great film.

Agreed. :) The direction is key as well.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

mpgpeg
Hoping you'll enjoy Korra as much as most of the Avatar fans, me included :)

As for the live action asians movies I mean manga adaptations. But... there's ONE exception although I'm not really sure if it's a movie or a tv show - Ruroni Kenshin. I've seen some scenes, they did an awesome job and the main actors really know how to handle the sword so kudos for that.

I love asian movies, just not manga adaptations. I'm a huge fan of chinese wuxia for example. I've seen all Michelle Yeoh movies, most of the movies with Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Donnie Yen. Bruce Lee, Sammo Hung, quite a lot with Takeshi Kaneshiro, Wei Zhao, Ziyi Zhang, Gong Li, Chow Yun Fat, Stephen Chow and a few others which names I can't remember right now. It's such a shame Wei Zhao stopped taking wuxia roles. She has a huge talent and it's not like Michelle Yeoh is getting any younger... She's still doing a great job, but her spine won't take much more, she'll need to stop doing action movies soon or she'll end up in a wheelchair. Jackie Chan the same (all those accidents they had on the set and outside of it, ugh). I've seen some Korean movies - historical - I liked them. I'm just not sure if I can see WDTFS like this... I don't really know their actors, except Jung Woo-sung. And there's always a risk of them ruining the whole story. One of the reasons why I grew out of liking Dragon Ball and Death Note were... the movies. I tried to watch Nana and Shingeki no Kyojiin too and nope, thanks. I'm not even going to start with Fullmetal Alchemist, Gintama and Bleach. So yeah, I'm not touching any of those anymore. I don't want the story I like to be ruined in my mind by a terrible movie.

joined Mar 21, 2017

As for the live action asians movies I mean manga adaptations. But... there's ONE exception although I'm not really sure if it's a movie or a tv show - Ruroni Kenshin.

They're movies but yeah they are good adaptions.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Izz

I love asian movies, just not manga adaptations. I'm a huge fan of chinese wuxia for example. I've seen all Michelle Yeoh movies, most of the movies with Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Donnie Yen. Bruce Lee, Sammo Hung, quite a lot with Takeshi Kaneshiro, Wei Zhao, Ziyi Zhang, Gong Li, Chow Yun Fat, Stephen Chow and a few others which names I can't remember right now.

I have a lot to learn from you. I have not watched many of these, but now they are on my list. :) Just need to find the time to catch up with everything.

So yeah, I'm not touching any of those anymore. I don't want the story I like to be ruined in my mind by a terrible movie.

I understand. If there is a terrible movie associated with it, I would try my best to keep them separate in my mind. It is definitely hard to do that though. Like, that Avatar movie... But let's not get too off topic with that...

joined Jun 23, 2017

I have been thinking about this. When did that radio podcast take place saying that it was going to end in June?

Did it account for the brief hiatus in March due to the bad wrist? If so, could it end in July...?

They could have extended it for many reasons, if they did. Let's see how the next chapter goes.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Izz

I love asian movies, just not manga adaptations. I'm a huge fan of chinese wuxia for example. I've seen all Michelle Yeoh movies, most of the movies with Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Donnie Yen. Bruce Lee, Sammo Hung, quite a lot with Takeshi Kaneshiro, Wei Zhao, Ziyi Zhang, Gong Li, Chow Yun Fat, Stephen Chow and a few others which names I can't remember right now.

I have a lot to learn from you. I have not watched many of these, but now they are on my list. :) Just need to find the time to catch up with everything.

Well... I guess I'm just old, haha! So it's not like you have a lot to learn from me. Age and interests have a lot to do with what I've watched :)

So yeah, I'm not touching any of those anymore. I don't want the story I like to be ruined in my mind by a terrible movie.

I understand. If there is a terrible movie associated with it, I would try my best to keep them separate in my mind. It is definitely hard to do that though. Like, that Avatar movie... But let's not get too off topic with that...

last edited at Jun 26, 2017 11:46AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Izz

Well... I guess I'm just old, haha! So it's not like you have a lot to learn from me. Age and interests have a lot to do with what I've watched :)

My interests have varied over the years, like most people. Always open to watching/reading a good story.

Haha, very appropriate gif. You have a point there. ;)

joined Feb 4, 2017

out of severe curiosity.. what was your reaction to moment you saw Seju cut her hair in ch56. "Now I know"

joined Jun 23, 2017

out of severe curiosity.. what was your reaction to moment you saw Seju cut her hair in ch56. "Now I know"

Mine?

You can probably correct me or provide a better insight, but I thought it was a great way to end the chapter. Seju cutting her hair if reminiscent of how she used to wear it, like in chapter 2. We already know that her plans changed the moment she found out Sumin still loved her. She always wanted to get Sumin back, but I guess this brings me back to wondering what her original plan was when she called Sungji over.

For lack of a better term, anytime a character cuts their own hair, it's kind of a "badass" moment. Or in several other stories it symbolizes a break-up of sorts. I thought, "that is pretty cool," initially.

Funny story though, for some reason or another, I accidentally skipped over this chapter the first time around. So I went from chapter 55 to 57. I noticed her hair was shorter and then I knew I probably missed something.

I do not think I am articulating my thought well here. Why? If you're asking me, of course.

joined Feb 4, 2017

mpgpeg that moment is so special to me personally.. psychologically, females who normally have long hair and cut it suddenly are in a turning point or a period of dramatic change.. could mean reclaiming power, moving on, starting over and the likes within this context. Probably you have witnessed a case of one of your female friends cutting her beautiful long hair so short before breaking up with her long term partner.. But in Seju's case it's reclaiming. and hence, "I'm getting you back"

joined Jun 23, 2017

Nora89

Well said. Or like Emma Watson after she finished Harry Potter.

Seju also had shorter hair when her and Sumin were first falling in love, so it might also imply going back to those days in a sense?

joined Feb 4, 2017

Nora89

Well said. Or like Emma Watson after she finished Harry Potter.

WHAT!!!! she killed HARRRYYYY !!!!

Seju also had shorter hair when her and Sumin were first falling in love, so it might also imply going back to those days in a sense?

true.

but wait !! SHE KILLED HARRY !!

To reply you must either login or sign up.