Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I think people misinterpret having layers with being introverted. Sumin is an introvert, but besides that, what else is there to her character?
Stuff like she cares for Sungji and is hurt are too general, and every person has them. She is not special.
We've only seen how she had been sleeping around and was trying to hurt Seju. Now that she has finally found a better choice, she doesn't consider Seju's feelings either.

joined Feb 13, 2017

Does anybody here feel the three just nearly same as Kikyou-Inuyasha-Kagome love triangle?(just thinking:))))).

joined Mar 6, 2017

Agreed with those waiting to see how Sumin will react once her sugar mama is gone.

Also can't understand Sumin other than being a selfish immature leech. She hasn't achieved anything on her own, everything was handed to her by Seju. Never once worked for anything, car, house, work, etc.

It's so effing unbelievable that in the entire manhwa world of WDTFS; no one else has fallen for or pursued Seju. That woman is the total package, that just makes no sense.

It's time that Seju gets a new lover who can appreciate her. I don't care whether is a dude or a lady, just someone who isn't there for her money.

For those discussing layers, I think there's only two layers for Sumin: -With-Seju and Without-Seju and quite honestly, she has sucked at being a partner/girlfriend in both

joined Mar 6, 2017

So she wants to continue live in the house Seju bought, buy it to erase Seju name, because Sungji wants to live together in that house. Welp. I agree with Seju, she should just move out and start a new, if she does want a clean slate so badly. End of story.

She has been funded by her sugar momma for like a decade, stop being so whiny over a house name if you have any shame.

-*Amen to this!*

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Agreed with those waiting to see how Sumin will react once her sugar mama is gone.

Also can't understand Sumin other than being a selfish immature leech. She hasn't achieved anything on her own, everything was handed to her by Seju. Never once worked for anything, car, house, work, etc.

It's so effing unbelievable that in the entire manhwa world of WDTFS; no one else has fallen for or pursued Seju. That woman is the total package, that just makes no sense.

It's time that Seju gets a new lover who can appreciate her. I don't care whether is a dude or a lady, just someone who isn't there for her money.

For those discussing layers, I think there's only two layers for Sumin: -With-Seju and Without-Seju and quite honestly, she has sucked at being a partner/girlfriend in both

A leech? No, Sumin is not a leech. I wonder why so many of you seems to forget Seju was pushing Sumin to be with Sungji because she wanted her to "crawl back to her". She enjoys Sumin being hurt this way because she's always coming back to her, like a lost dog. And she's always waiting for it to happen.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sumin has grown up now, she sure can live without her sugar mommy. What I wish to see is that after 10 years of sugaring raising her Sungji baby, she gets dumped.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

A leech? No, Sumin is not a leech. I wonder why so many of you seems to forget Seju was pushing Sumin to be with Sungji because she wanted her to "crawl back to her".

Where did she push Sungji though? She did hire her to mess with Sumin, but besides that fact, she has stayed out of their relationship most of the time. Except the cheating of course, which yes it was a dick move but it was also Sumins fault.
Seju didn't even fire Sungji when she knew that Sumin had fallen for her.

I'm not saying Seju is an angel of course either. But what Sumin did, is not erased by Seju's bad actions either. The ball was on her curt weather to reject Seju's gifts. Because Seju was trying to earn her forgiveness with all these gifts and self destructive behavior. Sumin knew that, but she chose to accept them anyway.

Sumin has grown up now, she sure can live without her sugar mommy. What I wish to see is that after 10 years of sugaring raising her Sungji baby, she gets dumped.

Lol this is a bit mean, but I laughed. Are we getting aggressive guys? XD

last edited at Mar 6, 2017 1:29PM

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

the Sugar raising is both of them fault, Seju's way of expressing her love prevented Sumin from growing up and even increased her dependence on Seju it could have also resulted in an inferiority complex (that alone will damage any normal relationship) .. Seju spoiled her even before their breaking up 10 years ago.. so it's not just out of guilt.. but bcz she also lives through Sumin need for her (maybe that what she meant in last chapter)

till now it is unclear why she pushed Sungji X Sumin in such a risky move.. even if you tell me she wants Sumin to crawl back to her over and over again, still not a strong reason!

(what's up with Glasses- ssi ? I kinda missed her ) heheheh .. was that a recorder in her hand ch 34

last edited at Mar 6, 2017 2:36PM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

till now it is unclear why she pushed Sungji X Sumin in such a risky move.. even if you tell me she wants Sumin to crawl back to her over and over again, still not a strong reason!

It looks like she likes to be the source of comfort for Sumin and Sumin is most responsive when she's very hurt - there was this chapter when she pretty much collapsed in Seju's arms after the other girl broke up with her. She was so hurt and emotionally drained that she had to sleep for a long time afterwards too. And Seju enjoyed it. So pushing Sumin and Sungji together to make Sumin this responsive while crawling back to her after another break up makes sense.

(what's up with Glasses- ssi ? I kinda missed her ) heheheh

Probably stalking that guy she likes :P

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

She knew very well she did a mistake, she felt bad for it, but still walked out of her bed and worked to get back to Sungji. In the past Seju was unable to do so, she had to be dragged out from her bed by her bro

I think you're mixing things up. Seju was not dragged by her bro to get out of bed, Yes, he did go see her, but that was after Seju had already broken up with Sumin. And, Seju did drag her ass to explain things to Sumin. They even had a fight on the floor or whatever that is called.

Well, Sumin was once in great pain and had to visit a hospital, remember? Doc seemed to know her very well. She's also tired very often. Whatever happened to her, it wasn't just the cutting for sure

The doctor did remind Sumin about her lifestyle, that she should be careful with it, so I don't think the cutting has anything to do with her back pain. But it is possible that she has an illness nobody is aware of. That's if that scene does have a meaning and not only a filler scene.

Not so magically. And the weren't even fully naked when Sungji found them together in one bed. Sumin found Seju after she had sex with that bartender, Sungji found Sumin before things went too far. This is one of the differences. The other one is that Sumin actually explained why it almost happened and worked hard to earn forgiveness while Seju never did such thing.

I don't think there's any difference. Cheating is cheating. Sumin had the choice to not cheat on Sungji, but she did it anyway. Whatever her reason is, she cheated on Sungji. And you are wrong, Seju did try to explain things to Sumin but Sumin just wouldn't forgive her even after 10 years has passed. While Sungji, she forgave Sumin only after a little more than a week, after she tried hooking up with Dawoon, and because she was horny as fuck. That's where the difference is.

One of the reason she's doing so, leeching on Seju, in my opinion, is to get back on Seju for everything. She might see it as a compensation for what has happened to her, what she believe was caused by Seju. Because Sumin once returned everything Seju gave to her and then moved away from her house. She also found a job at this company on her own, although at that time it was a small and poor company (before Seju bought it). So, yes, Sumin can live on her own, not leeching away from Seju, if she wants to. But I might be wrong.

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

Just because Sungji managed to make Sumin fall for her and Seju didn't, it's not a proof that Sumin tried more with Sungji. It's a proof that Gaji did a bad job to make the main couple well developed.

well, your statement is pretty harsh when we did not see Sungji POV yet,

I had been waiting to see her pov since like 50 chapters ago. No hope, so I've given up.

heheheh .. well it took 28 chapters to show us a whole conversation that took place in 27 ! everybody back then overlooked it as a random scene

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I think people should really stop associating Seju to everything happened to Sumin. Sumin acted on her own account most of the time. All the failed relationships? Remember when she broke up with one of the girls because she thought that girl is dangerous and meet up with Seju right after breaking up? Seju didn't do anything for that relationship. As for the red hair girl, Seju might interfere but before Seju did anything, didn't Sumin also provoke Seju by acting intimately with that girl when she saw her car outside of the house?
It takes two to tango so Sumin is definitely not just a victim in everything happened to her, like not all of them were Seju's fault. They both hurt each other in their own way. Seju is no angel but Sumin is not innocent, either. Seju waited a hurting Sumin coming back to her everytime her relationship failed while Sumin purposely hurt Seju while having affairs with multiple girl knowing that she's hurting Seju deeply with that. They are equally bad for the 10 years they torturing and hurting each other.
The only different is Seju forever there, waiting and loves Sumin, accepting all the hurt while Sumin does not

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^No one is saying Sumin is innocent, but people seems to not see Seju's fault and they put all the blame on Sumin. It's not like she had no right to be with other women. They broke up, she was free to do whatever she wanted. Even if it had hurt Seju. The only really bad thing she did was always coming back to Seju and accepting "gifts" instead of completely cutting herself from her. But she was weak. She still is weak. She wants to love and be loved in return, she wants comfort. That's why she used to end up on Seju's doorstep every time her relationship blew up and it was a mistake, but it's difficult to completely blame her for doing it. She has no family anymore. No mom who would hug her and tell her everything will be ok. She knows Seju since they were kids, Seju always took care of her in the past so Sumin subconsciously went to her seeking comfort. It's toxic, yes. But it's also natural and humane. Seju on the other hand first cheated on Sumin and end up hurting not only Sumin but also herself by doing it. Then she plotted how to destroy Sumin's relationships. And at least once she succeeded, hurting Sumin so bad that Nammi went to talk to her. So yes, they're both to blame, but IMO Seju's actions are worse and there's more blame on her side because she knew exactly what she was doing. Still, I want her to be trully happy too. She's not rotten, she's just damaged and someone has to fix her so I'm crossing my fingers for it to happen. And I hope Sumin and Seju can be friends without benefits in the future.

last edited at Mar 6, 2017 9:31PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

No one is putting all the blame to Sumin, everyone here has acknowledged that Seju is bad but they're both EQUALLY bad. Sumin could do anything she wants even though it hurt Seju, can take revenge on her but 10 years putting Seju's heart on the line isnt too much? And she did it to hurt Seju on purpose, too. I emphasize this, ON PURPOSE. They are both bad. Here people just want to point that out because most of readers think of Seju as some demons. Whatever Seju has done to Sumin, it's part of Sumin's fault, too. If Sumin doesnt go back, doesnt stick around and hurt Seju on purpose, would Seju be able to hurt Sumin in return? I said it again, it takes two to tango, they are both equally bad for the past 10 years torturing each other. No one worse or better. You keep talking about Seju hurting Sumin but in fact they both hurting each other, while Seju's way is kinda imprinting some physical injures on Sumin while Sumin's way is more subtle but not hurt less. Why can't we think of it this way, if Sumin is more forgiving towards Seju, she wouldn't be hurt that much and no longer lonely? AND not all of Sumin's relationships are Seju's doing, so far there is only effing one with that red hair girl.
- Sumin wants to love and be loved by others, Seju does not? In any cases, Seju wants it even more than Sumin, Sumin wants comfort but Seju doesn't want it? She desparately needs it everytime she comes back from family meetings.
- Sumin no longer had her parents, no more relatives but is Seju's situation better? She has never had a family to begin with, at least Sumin has 20 years of pure happiness with her family, Seju didn't have a happy day with her family. So talk about comfort, about want to be loved, about all alone in this world, Sumin is not the only one. They're both like that

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

A weak person can't go through 30 breakups. Honestly, I would have become a monk if I were Sumin.

last edited at Mar 7, 2017 11:05AM

joined Dec 9, 2014

Meh a weak person who is also clingy and can't stand on their own, they can be serial daters. Not saying Sumin is definitely like that, just that this doesn't say anything about her being strong.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

There's nothing can prove that she was weak either though?

joined Dec 9, 2014

To me she is weak. Because she kept on going back to Seju for emotional support, even though she one it was bad for her.
And also, she is able to move on from her now, that she found another person to lean on. If it wasn't for Sungji, she would still be doing the same with sleeping around and then going back to Seju.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Seju asked to start over again, but Sumin refused. This happened before Sungji forgave her though, i.e, she could move on regardless of having another person to lean on.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Seju has been buying Sumin things since before they broke up. That's just a way rich people normally do towards their lovers.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Personally, I see Sumin deliberately tried to live pathetically so that she could blame Seju for her misfortune. It's not like Seju is a pro in manipulating people or something, neither was Sumin so dumb to the point that she couldn't see it as her being manipulated by Seju. Sumin hate going back to Seju, but what else she could do? Her being too ordinary to date a gf who is close enough to Seju's level is a thing.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sumin can't be easier to manipulate than I think because I have already picked the ultimate one. I personally think that the fact that Sumin was always easily manipulated by Seju was because she herself wanted to. There were things she gained from living her life that way; car, house, job, revange on Seju, etc, which was the main reason why the whole Seju manipulating her has processed very smoothly for the past 10 years. I remember the first time Sumin went back to Seju was when she was drunk while Seju was sleeping in her bed. I do not remember seeing Seju having used any sort of tricks to get her back at that time, so I don't think Seju ever even needs to use one in the first place. This whole Seju being manipulative apparently took place after Sumin herself went back to Seju.

I meant is that because back then Sumin kept comparing her new gf to Seju, that's the reason why she couldn't move on with her girl because there's no way someone as odinary as her could find a girl who was like Seju, rich, pretty, etc.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

I remember the first time Sumin went back to Seju was when she was drunk while Seju was sleeping in her bed. I do not remember seeing Seju having used any sort of tricks to get her back at that time, so I don't think Seju ever even needs to use one in the first place.

No, this happened after Seju damaged her relationship with that redhead who was engaged to a man in a very painful way. That's why Sumin was so hurt.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Not denying Seju is manipulative too, but that redhead was dating a guy behind Sumin's back. So I don't see what Seju did with that particular gf as very bad.
Of course she did it for her own gain too, but it was something Sumin should know as well.
Besides this particular relationship, we haven't seen her sabotaging any other.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I remember the first time Sumin went back to Seju was when she was drunk while Seju was sleeping in her bed. I do not remember seeing Seju having used any sort of tricks to get her back at that time, so I don't think Seju ever even needs to use one in the first place.

No, this happened after Seju damaged her relationship with that redhead who was engaged to a man in a very painful way. That's why Sumin was so hurt.

No, she did has her tattoo when dating redhead. She went back to Seju way before that, when she still had her scars.

To reply you must either login or sign up.