Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sorry, I tend to be a little bit honest sometimes :D. And since I know you're misunderstanding my opinion, but still can not know how to make you understand so I kinda want it to stop XD. If we go on, it's like I'm saying this, but you're saying a completely different thing. My very very bad.
Sorry for the first comment, I'm kinda losing my cool after the chap. Sumin cares for Sungji alot, afraid of hurting her alot, thinks about Sungji's feeling alot but with Seju, it's like she can do whatever, saying whatever, Seju's hurting is not my problem, just a default to her that Seju cheated and she has to endure all this and that's her responsibility, even after 10 years. And the fact she is considering breaking up with Sungji to get back to Seju is terrifying me, when she's clearly not sure who she loves more and . I kinda lost it. IF, and only IF, a very big IF, Seju x Sumin ever got back together, it had to be out of love, not out of guilt or memories or whatever that is still unsure in Sumin's part. I won't accept it. So can it just let thing be like this? Sumin can find whatever healing she needs with Sungji, Seju being tired and having her own healing stuff? If the next chap is about the break up, I'll go berserk :)))))))
Sorry for any misunderstandings XD

Did you really have any coolness to be lost in the first place? :D Anyway, I believe the story will be able to satisfy you, at least you!

joined Aug 29, 2015

plot twist might be that nothing happen between Seju and that bartender. and it's just her brother who set it all up lol.

I like the twist. :D

I think any TeamPink fan would want this scenario xD

@nguyen_510
I understand where your frustration is coming from cause you want Seju to be happy also because this is labeled as a healing story and you probably don't want it to end one-sidedly with Sumin x Sungji. but this is the dilemma that hook me up on the story. cause imo there's no right decision to choose. Sumin need to choose between Sungji. who love her at first sight and gave everything to her without demanding anything other than her love and attention. then to Seju. who for 10 years had been waiting for Sumin to forgive and love her again. even though she knows that Sumin is intentionally just using and hurting her all this time. you got to choose on hurting or healing someone. though imo Sungji can move on from Sumin. but Seju. there's no helping this poor lady. unless she realize that Sumin is not only girl in the world :D but chances for this is dim cause Seju's family is beyond horrible.

I actually think Sungji already have an idea what's happening. I guess she want to wait for Sumin to tell her. maybe out of respect also. the way she clenched her hands before she asked Sumin. if she wanted to tell her something. suggest that she want to find out but didn't cause it might upset Sumin. like she said. she just want to be with Sumin on that happy state/moment

last edited at Apr 28, 2016 11:19AM

joined Apr 27, 2016

@kami-sama
You understand? Haha, gladly that you understand despite my bad English and lack of better explaination :D. I once thought that Team Gaji was going to make Nami with Seju in the end which solve every problem and everything. But the chap where she broke down and shut Nami out makes me see clearly now how deep Seju is in this sh*t. Too deep to pull her out of the mess. It's either she with Sumin in the end or all alone with maybe just some forgiveness which is sad because of after all the sufferings she has had, it's definitely not a satisfying ending for Seju :). Seems like Team Gaji don't want Seju to be out of the love triangle just yet, she has to stay till the end, so either she'll be suffering more or happy in the end. Haizza, up till now, there hasn't any happy scenes for Seju which makes me pretty sad :). I've been waiting for that moment, and after this chap, I'm praying sooooo hard that she's not gonna be used as a final push for the other two to be together. Anything but not that. She's been suffering enough as it is :)

last edited at Apr 28, 2016 12:59PM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Again -3-... Sumin didn't hurt Seju purposely for all those 10 years.

Nah, she hurt her purposefully a lot of times. Maybe not every single time, but a lot of times.

she did so in the beginning, it just seems like it's a lot of times because the story emphasizes on them.

So you are fine seeing Sungji who has become others' most favorite character being used as a tool for 2 main characters to realize their true feelings for each other then being left alone? And you can stand seeing Sungji having no meaning at all the whole story?

Sungji having no meaning in this story wouldn't have to do with her not ending up with Sumin. It will be because of her character development. If Sungji stays relevant only because she ends up with Sumin and nothing more, then this is a very bad treatment to her character.
It reminds me of some people who have nothing outside their relationship. So her not ending up with Sumin is not the problem of her character becoming irrelevant, or her character losing its importance.

Yes you are right. But this is a story; not real life, it follows a narrative and a plot. Sungji can very well be a wonderful person but the plot is about her relationship with Sumin and Sumin's relationship with Seju (and all that -3-, sorry if I left sth out). If she becomes irrelevant to the plot she becomes irrelevant to the story. We can't have random spin off of Sungji's life that have nothing to do with the main narrative. Sungji doesn't particularly have to end up with Sumin to stay relevant; there are other ways to go about it but none of those include Sumin and Seju getting together any soon at the very least.

But she keeps saying how it's ok that Sumin keeps secrets from her. I mean, it's good to give Sumin some space, for how long can she keep doing that. If they are endgame, there is some serious work to be done between them until the end of the story, rather than always drawing them have sex or only fluffy stuff.
This is what I've always been wondering. Even if they end up together on last chapter, would they be able to stay together for much longer too? Their base doesn't seem too strong until now, and I think Gaji has wasted some chapters into meaningless things. Maybe they needed fillers, or they did it for fanservice. Or maybe a very very small chance, to show how Sumin still kept on thinking of Seju even then. We'll find out I guess.

I don't think it's to show that Sumin kept thinking of Seju... yes partly but definitely not only for that. She wouldn't have included all those cues about Sungji. Sungji would have been much more 1 dimensional.
I think that fluffy stuff was important but it's probably time to take action now and I think TeamGaji is going to do it! I don't know gosh! I've said it so many timesssss, don't you see the signs tooooo??? O_O I feel like there's so many suggestions!

As for Seju, it is her fault too for waiting for Sumin. She should have considered moving on way before that. Girl you have money, go find a therapist. But I can see why she did it, and her situation is difficult already. Sumin was the only good thing she had in her life, which is very tragic.

Every character has their own reasons for doing the things they do, and like Gaji said, the fox is whoever the people want it to be. So all of the three are important.

well no one wants to enrage fans either though you know >.> the fox is probably no one... >.>

But because it seems that Sungji is gonna agree with Sumin's whatever decisions, I'm just afraid the day Sumin tells her that she loves Seju, Sungji would be wholeheartedly agree to let Sumin go without giving Sumin a big slap right in her face.

I don't think this will happen. It would be too much. Not to mention Sumin ending up with Seju lol.

I'm a bit afraid too; if that happens I'm gonna seem like an idiot for making all these theories about Sungji! BUT! I think Sungji will not disappoint me!

joined Mar 8, 2014

I actually think Sungji already have an idea what's happening. I guess she want to wait for Sumin to tell her. maybe out of respect also. the way she clenched her hands before she asked Sumin. if she wanted to tell her something. suggest that she want to find out but didn't cause it might upset Sumin. like she said. she just want to be with Sumin on that happy state/moment

exactly what I said. And Sumin should chose the one she truly loves. I think Seju would be just fine but I have the impression that if Sumin breaks it off with Sungji it won't be to go back to Seju... It kind of feels off to me... that sort of ending? it's like "oh okaaa-aaaaay?" '-' I mean even if it happens in the end it still leaves Sungji a bit out of it. It's like okay, you just developed this character for nothing? I mean after the ending if Sumin goes back to Seju we won't see Sungji anymore and having random chapters of her would just be bad writing I think. Unless Sungji really turns out to be a Mary Sue... -.- Or well maybe once Sumin goes back to Seju the story will just cut to Sungji and never show Sumin and Seju again instead!! Do you know Hoshi wa Utau? It has a bit of a similar narrative... you should check it out, you will see what I mean. But there at least the protagonist and the narrator are the same and we mostly see her POV so it's not as confusing and hard to pin down like WDTFS.

joined Feb 4, 2016

BUT! I think Sungji will not disappoint me!

Sungji might not dissappoint you, but team Gaji might XD

joined Mar 8, 2014

I don't care I mean I want proper development and not Mary Sue stuff. Honestly I want to see Sungji get developed, like a LOT not just a bit; more than I want her to end up with Sumin. I'd rather they develop her and have her end up alone than make her end up with Sumin and be a Mary Sue.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Faylicia, could you tell me what the "Mary Sue" thing from your point of view? For me, I think it's about wish-fulfillment characters, so I don't find it disappointing if Sungji end up being one.

[+1]

joined Mar 8, 2014

Faylicia, could you tell me what the "Mary Sue" thing from your point of view? For me, I think it's about wish-fulfillment characters, so I don't find it disappointing if Sungji end up being one.

no it's not like that. I think of Mary Sue as someone who would never get mad and is portrayed as being perfect for the most part; I'm not saying sungji is like that. I just don't want her to turn out to be like that; she has worries too, it would either be unrealistic for her to not address them (making her a Mary Sue) or it would mean she's a hypocrite. Not for now, I mean if things get worse anyway. If Sumin tells her she loves Seju and Sungji tries to support her that'd make her a Mary Sue... I doubt anyone could ever do such a selfless thing and it's probably even wrong to do so especially when the person in question has hurt you... aaaand I'll stop before I go essay mode, I've been writing all night ;_; I need some sleep.

joined Mar 27, 2016

kami-sama

They have used a lot of fist clenching shots in the past when a character is suffering deep internal turmoil over something that is happening. Every one of the main three has done it. Seju for instance had the exact same shot of her hands when Nami was in her office gloating about Sumin moving on from her.

In terms of development for Sunji, I think we might be starting to get some. How she replied to getting bitten by the cut dog "I'm use to it". That moment and reply could have been meant as metaphor for her relationship with Sumin (something that seems cute/adorable turns out to hurt her when she reaches out).

I think we have a long way to go... Sungji obviously means what she says in this chapter and feels that her current tactic is the best approach to staying with Sumin.

I wonder what 'the twist' in the story is. I honestly think could be as simple as Seju being in the story. The initial assumption that Chapter 1 sets up is that Seju is the present Girlfriend of Sumin and Sumin is feeling conflicted about being attracted to the new girl at the office, until the end of the chapter where it reveals that Seju and Sumin are in fact current Exs.

There have been plenty of twists to the story thus far, has the team commented on what the twist is? Is the basic premise divergent from most stories of this type?

last edited at Apr 29, 2016 1:41PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

kami-sama

They have used a lot of fist clenching shots in the past when a character is suffering deep internal turmoil over something that is happening. Every one of the main three has done it. Seju for instance had the exact same shot of her hands when Nami was in her office gloating about Sumin moving on from her.

In terms of development for Sunji, I think we might be starting to get some. How she replied to getting bitten by the cut dog "I'm use to it". That moment and reply could have been meant as metaphor for her relationship with Sumin (something that seems cute/adorable turns out to hurt her when she reaches out).

Omg yes!! But I think it might not only be related to Sumin... We still have that issue with her parents... I think her parents might have been abusive... I mean they are never shown; maybe Gaji did on purpose to reveal in near the end! it's so suspicious that we never see them, I mean, not even their body or sth.

I think we have a long way to go... Sungji obviously means what she says in this chapter and feels that her current tactic is the best approach to staying with Sumin.

I wounder what 'the twist' in the story is. I honestly think it's as simple as Seju being in the story. The initial assumption that Chapter 1 sets up is that Seju is the present Girlfriend of Sumin and Sumin is feeling conflicted about being attracted to the new girl at the office, until the end of the chapter where it reveals that Seju and Sumin are in fact current Exs.

um yeah maybe that's true!!!

Btw, it really irritates me how Sumin says that about giving her good memories. What, so she only wants to be a memory to her? I tried to see it as in her thinking she wants Sungji to have good memories of the first things they did together but... it seems like Sumin has already decided they're gonna break up at some point. I'm perplexed how this doesn't seem to bother Sungji. Maybe she's too blind and only sees what I mentioned before...

joined Aug 29, 2015

@nguyen_510
I really like Seju. so, I can understand why you're frustrated with her story. especially when Team Gaji said that this would be a healing story. but when you try to analyze the possible endings. Seju's chances to end up with Sumin or have a happy ending are bleak. I don't mind Sumin x Sungji. but at least Team Gaji should give Seju even a hope to live happily after everything.

@Faylicia
I actually don't think that it would be a waste of a material (chapters) if Sungji x Sumin won't be the endgame. though it would disappoint many fans if Sumin didn't end up with anybody. that would be stupid imo lol. I think it will come down with the moral story. they said it would be a healing story but in what way? it's so hard to see a healing story when you can predict in the end that one character would have to suffer or be hurt in the process. (Seju on suicide watch)

@Seeya
Sungji and Sumin relationship are not that deep yet imo. but I'm really excited to see Sungj's reaction once she find out the truth. I've been re-reading some past chapters and I can totally see that Sungji is not a clueless character. though her conversation with her friends says differently. I think she's just keeping it all inside and her lack of POV makes her mysterious and hard to read. it would be totally refreshing to see Sungji show dark emotions. it would really humanize her compared to the perfect, innocent girl that everybody have grown to love.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

How adorable! XD

from 끼룩깨룩 twitter

joined Mar 8, 2014

kami-sama
as I said before it will only be because they will be irrelevant if they don't show Sungji. And no, not because there won't be Sungji x Sumin; I actually think that's possible. But if Sumin leaves Sungji to go back to Seju then Sungji won't be very relevant... unless she turns psycho or sth >.> Therefore it could only happen in the end... But even then that would make Sungji seem like just a plot device that made Seju and Sumin get back together and not an actual protagonist which is why I think it would be a mistake. Sungji as a protagonist makes much more impact.
Sumin doesn't have to be with someone in order to not suffer. Also we still don't know whose healing story it is. They could all walk away from each other and decide that is the best healing.

joined Mar 27, 2016

Oh yeah I totally meant 'I'm use to it" was there to inform us about much more than Sunji's current relationship ^^

Agreed that the story could resolve with all of them going their separate ways.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Possible drama for next chapter : Sumin and Sungji overslept and then the bro and sis-in law came home to them sleeping in each others arm. xD

joined Mar 8, 2014

Possible drama for next chapter : Sumin and Sungji overslept and then the bro and sis-in law came home to them sleeping in each others arm. xD

tbh, I'm almost sure that is gonna happen and then the brother might act kind of surprised which would cause Sumin to distance herself from Sungji and want to break up.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sungji's current approach to stay with Sumin reminds me of the approach Seju has used for this whole 10 years to keep Sumin by her side. That approach turned out to be a totally useless one. Sungji is kind; she respects Sumin a lot, she doesn't mind Sumin keeping secret. But I still think it's better for her if she is be more curious about it as much as she wants to know what Sumin likes. Because Sumin has never opened up to Sungji, I still can't think of Sungji as someone more special to Sumin than her other exes meant to her. She doesn't need to win against Seju in Sumin's heart, but at least beats all those exes.

I wonder how Sungji is gonna react when she hears about the story between Seju and Sumin. She can't be angry with Sumin as she's the one who allowed Sumin to hide the truth from her. Zero reaction? -.-

Is "the twist" the fact that Seju x Sumin's ship has sailed again? Or maybe there are more than just one twist.

There are things that have to be presented next such as what the flashback of Seju's mom sleeping with mole guy for, about Seju's father's document, Sungji's family's reacting to Sungji dating Sumin, Sungji facing Seju (How scary to know that you are dating your president's woman.), etc.

If Sumin couldn't let go of Sungji, I wonder how she could ever let go of Seju? I have no idea who she loves more, but still believe the woman Sumin loves the most is Seju. However, you don't need to end up with the person you love the most, right?

Regarding the healing thing, if Sumin no longer hated Seju and Seju agrees to let go of Sumin and vice versa, is it a healing? Or do they have to date each other again to be a healing? If Sumin breaks up with Sungji and Sungji gladly agrees with the breakup, is it a healing? Or do they have to end up with each other to be a healing? Does it really have to heal everyone's story? I think if wdtfs has some units of healing, it’s justified. It is still a healing story even it has heartbreaking units, no?

I agree, if Sumin leaves Sungji to go back to Seju, then Sungji won't be very relevant unless she turns psycho or something. If Sungji turns psycho, Sumin x Seju will be endgame, I'm sure. However, I don't think she'll ever turn psycho. I think the story will continue with Sumin dating Sungji and Sumin still wants Seju until almost the very end of the story. Then going back to Seju must be too late results in Sungji x Sumin becomes endgame. Sumin ending up alone is a too much open ending, imo, because it's so difficult to believe that Sumin is going to be fine by her own.

Also, I have already handed in my TeamPink resignation letter. It's not because I think TeamBlonde is gonna be endgame, it's because I found myself falling for Sungji's kind soul. Seju called Sumin to come over while knowing Sumin was seeing someone. Sungji waited for Sumin to call her while anxiously wanting to know how Sumin was doing. Seju wanted Sumin's situation to be worse so that Sumin would come to her. Sungji said "It must've been hard for you, but thank you for coming." Sungji said "Whether or not it happens, it's by my choice." Seju's actions implies that it's by her choice, but Sumin has to take a responsibility for it. I don't say Seju is a bad person, I just want to say Sungji is really a good one.

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 1:19PM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Plot twist.
WDTFS ending

끼룩깨룩 twitter

Bahahahaha xD

I like how this artist draw the three of them, so adorable. x3

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

^that better not be lmao

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I found another version. XDD

from Hishiro's twitter

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

As much as I would love a romantic Team Pink ending, I think I have to at least partly surrender to Team Blonde's logic. While she still isn't quite more than an empty shell until this point (referring to how much has been revealed about her), Sungji was the first character, that got introduced in the series. She's too important to just act like a plot device to get Sumin and Seju back together. I'm thrilled to see Sungji in the third arc, to be honest. If it's true that this one is going to put her in the spotlight, I'm excited.

I loved the latest chapters because they reintroduced Seju x Sumin endgame as a possibility. However, they also introduced Seju not giving a fuck anymore as an equally possibly scenario. With the way she told Sumin that she's been hurting her for the past 10 years and that she's exhausted by now and also with how Nami continues to get under her skin with her words, I think there might be a tiny chance, that Seju gives up on Sumin. If that happens though, I don't really wanna think about what could happen. Seju hurting herself or trying to commit suicide would just kill me inside. DX Team Gaji has been beating her down again and again ever since the first few chapters. Like I said a while ago: if Seju doesn't get out of this story with a smile on her face, I think I'll rage like I never have before. XD

Anyway. shakes head I really can't predict anything at this point. There are so many possibilities what could happen now and I'm used to plot twists by now, so I'll just patiently wait for next Wednesday. XD

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

@ Thhat TeamPink ending picture

It's kinda sad for Sungji if that happens. But the thing is, Sungji is young and this is her first relationship. I think she would hurt, but would be able to get over it sooner or later, and gain some experience for her future relationships.

The way her character is develped so far though, seems like she will end up with Sumin. Because it would be pretty useless if they don't develop her character, and on top of that she doesn't even end up with Sumin.
No matter what though, I think she will be more active in the last arc.

I always had this feeling that Sungji would help Seju as well, not only Sumin.

joined Mar 8, 2014

Suzuma
Yes, I agree! But I think Seju has given up in a good way. I think she has realized she needs to move on; I don't think she's going the suicide route :)
Macysan
Yeah like, ugh, that picture made Sumin look like a total jerk. But yeah... unless the third arc is gonna be all drama and Sungji will find out about everything and be like "Team Leader, lets break up, you love President Baek" and then she will just walk away. Then we will see Sumin and Seju getting back together (-.-) and Sumin will speak with Sungji in the end and apologize and Sungji will tell her it was her fault (for trusting her) and that will be the end... >.>
Yeah, if Sungji is going to get mad at anyone it will be Sumin and she'll probably sympathize with Seju... what if Seju helps Sungji too?

joined Feb 4, 2016

Can someone enlighten me please, when is Seju's arc gonna end and is Sungji the next arc after her ? I know people has been saying that Sungji is the last arc, but I am completely don't know when is her arc gonna start, or if there's another arc before her.

Please pardon if this has been answered before, I am just very lost about the arc thing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.