Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Man Sungji can be so romantic, that "You're the one who moves my heart."~~

Yeah I'm totally saving this line for a day whenever it might come in handy lol

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Thanks for translation Newp !!

I have a feeing that this is how Sungji's character will be developed. It seems they want to highlight the difference between her and Seju this way. Sungji accepting that Sumin might not feel comfortable telling her the secrets and she doesn't push her. I hope they don't victimize her though, as now it kinda seems like it in a way.

I don't think there will be a confrontation from her in a way that she will get mad. I think it will be something like her being sad and Sumin noticing it.
I'm skeptical about Sumin's feelings though. It's very contradicting, because some chapters ago she said "I love you" to Sungji 3 times, and now her look in the end of this chapter is not the same.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

I meant, for the whole day without seeing Sumin, Sungji had no idea that Sumin was thinking about someone else. How could she care about herself receiving less attention than what happening to Sumin?

If she's a pure attention seeker, then that's possible. Or maybe she had the slightest feeling that the rumour she heard is bothering Sumin.
Not this time I guess, she just tripped.

I think she tripped because she was trembling. BUT! keep this in mind; she could've gone back and washed and she still went out with all the blood because 'she was scared Sumin would leave', I'm sure she was but I'm sure that's not the complete truth.

Sumin: "No, I decided to rest until tomorrow."
"Um. And everything's okay at work? I um... heard the news..."
Sungji: "Huh?"

Sungji's is either acting like she doesn't know what Sumin means or she was just happy to see Sumin that she forgot about it. Because she did heard the news. Anyway, I think Sungji is hiding how she truly feels, and maybe some other things.

I think it's a bit of both. I don't think Sungji is being sneaky on purpose but she's definitely sort of testing the waters and doing some weird stuff and since we can't tell what she's thinking we are just meant to guess and I think there will be some big revelation maybe in the second arc when we see her POV. She tries to be honest; saying she's worried but doesn't say too much. She doesn't say what she's worried about.

Maybe Sumin will try and break things off with Sungji after this. After they break up, Sumin then will realise that it is SUngji that she really loves now (Distance makes the heart grow fonder?), and TeamBlonde will surely be the end game. My TeamPink Rejoicing days is up, now back to reality

Maybe yeah as Azai said in the other thread if they break up at this point they're probably gonna get back together because they can't make Sungji irrelevant to the story. But if they break up near the end it could be TeamPink.

I swear Team Gaji is toying with our feelings.

They sure are.

joined Mar 8, 2014

Thanks for translation Newp !!

I have a feeing that this is how Sungji's character will be developed. It seems they want to highlight the difference between her and Seju this way. Sungji accepting that Sumin might not feel comfortable telling her the secrets and she doesn't push her. I hope they don't victimize her though, as now it kinda seems like it in a way.

I don't think there will be a confrontation from her in a way that she will get mad. I think it will be something like her being sad and Sumin noticing it.
I'm skeptical about Sumin's feelings though. It's very contradicting, because some chapters ago she said "I love you" to Sungji 3 times, and now her look in the end of this chapter is not the same.

yeah Sumin is a bit messed up and I'm worried she's kind of trying to break things off with Sungji but at the same time she went to see her so that means something... before she'd always go to Seju. I think that is true about the secret but we've already seen that so...
I'm not sure Sungji will get mad? At this point she doesn't have a reason to because Sumin is not being a jerk. Yes she's not being open about things but Sungji said she'll wait for her. I think Sungji honestly does want to wait but at the same time wishes she didn't have to. But if I Sumin does something that is actually mean Sungji might really break down and lose her patience... because Sungji is really restraining herself right now.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

But if I Sumin does something that is actually mean Sungji might really break down and lose her patience... because Sungji is really restraining herself right now.

I think her normal reaction should be this. But not sure, because last two times Sumin was kind of jerk to her, she left and didn't say much.
When Sumin was acting weird inside that bar after Sungji revealed to Choi-gun that they were dating, and then when Sumin went after her in Sungji's hometown, Sungji said she wasn't mad at her. It's ambiguuous whether she is hiding her frustration, or if that's her natural way of dealing with things

Sungji gives me that feeling of someone who tries to win Sumin's heart without being noticed by Sumin. She seems like a people pleaser, and lover pleaser as well.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

"No matter how long it takes, you will be mine again." Vs. "I also don't think you are going to give me that kind of wound."
Seju and Sungji so much believe in their loves for Sumin.

joined Feb 4, 2016

Aww thanks Newp for the trans, u da best <3

Sungji: "It's because it's you."
"Because you gave me your heart."
Sumin bubble: "Did I really...."

What does this supposed to mean Sumin ? Looks like she's still pondering about her feelings for Sungji, whether she gave her heart already or not.

Man, supporting both Sungji and Seju at the same time is so hard lol. I have prepared my heart to be crushed for Seju, because she's damn tragic. But to prepare for Sungji's possibly getting hurt is </3 at this point might as well ship Nami only, as she's the happy go lucky character type, no drama haha.

On a more serious note, I find Sungji's reactions and words for Sumin to be very refreshing, there is a remarkable sense of maturity and selflessness in her words. I really like it. At least Gaji now shows some development on her side.

last edited at Apr 27, 2016 12:22PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

But if I Sumin does something that is actually mean Sungji might really break down and lose her patience... because Sungji is really restraining herself right now.

I think her normal reaction should be this. But not sure, because last two times Sumin was kind of jerk to her, she left and didn't say much.
When Sumin was acting weird inside that bar after Sungji revealed to Choi-gun that they were dating, and then when Sumin went after her in Sungji's hometown, Sungji said she wasn't mad at her. It's ambiguuous whether she is hiding her frustration, or if that's her natural way of dealing with things

Sungji gives me that feeling of someone who tries to win Sumin's heart without being noticed by Sumin. She seems like a people pleaser, and lover pleaser as well.

a bit yes. I think Sungji knows that getting mad won't lead to anything good in certain situations and I can relate to that a bit. Sungji was definitely kind of mad at Sumin before she went to her hometown but she gave her the cold shoulder instead of complaining because she probably wanted to see what Sumin would do and she also wanted to give Sumin some time before she does anything rash. I've said this before but the last two times things could be resolved by waiting and they did get resolved. But I think that if Sungji feels like they can't be solved unless she takes action then she will and she might actually be very intense about it because she tries to keep it to herself and because generally she seems to have emotional outbursts.

joined Mar 8, 2014

On a more serious note, I find Sungji's reactions and words for Sumin to be very refreshing, there is a remarkable sense of maturity and selflessness in her words. I really like it. At least Gaji now shows some development on her side.

yeah but at the same time there certainly seems to be something off, very off about this whole thing...

joined Dec 9, 2014

"No matter how long it takes, you will be mine again." Vs. "I also don't think you are going to give me that kind of wound."
Seju and Sungji so much believe in their loves for Sumin.

I don't know which one of the two is more unrealistic at this point...

yeah but at the same time there certainly seems to be something off, very off about this whole thing...

Maybe the fact that Sungji turns passive into an emotionaly unfair relationship

last edited at Apr 27, 2016 12:30PM

joined Feb 4, 2016

Maybe the fact that Sungji turns passive into an emotionaly unfair relationship

I quite agree with both. Somehow it feels like Sungji and Seju are both pretty much the same when it comes to how passive and accepting they are to Sumin's selfish actions. Both never really confronted Sumin on how much her actions have hurted them, unless Sumin reaching out for them or actively seeking them first.

last edited at Apr 27, 2016 12:37PM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

On a more serious note, I find Sungji's reactions and words for Sumin to be very refreshing, there is a remarkable sense of maturity and selflessness in her words. I really like it.

That might be true, but somehow I don't get that kind of vibe from Sungji in this chapter. She's like trying to make Sumin feel better/safe while hiding all of the things she's truly feeling, her worries and insecurity.It's like she's wearing a mask.

I agree.

joined Feb 4, 2016

As Team Gaji seems to play around with TeamPink's hope, maybe the whole next chapter will be about Seju x Sumin's flashback.

I have a strong feeling that Gaji will continue to play both sides until the very end of the series, considering that many audiences out there are very hellbent about their ship, Sungji or Seju. Because that would be their best way to continue monetize both fans, because I think it's very possible that the hardcore shippers would leave the series once their ship is dead.

last edited at Apr 27, 2016 12:44PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

"You're the one who moves my heart." could be a line Sumin used to say to Seju too, who know?

As Team Gaji seems to play around with TeamPink's hope, maybe the whole next chapter will be about Seju x Sumin's flashback.

I have a strong feeling that Gaji will continue to play both sides until the very end of the series

It really seems that way.

joined Aug 29, 2015

Once again. Sumin can't confront Seju or even talk to her after their argument. Sumin just really like escaping her problems with Seju by dating or seeing another woman. you know to occupy her thoughts and fill her time (well, I guess Sungji is an exception) the ending will certainly break this cycle.

and on Sungji. this is one of the reason why I think Seju is more relatable or easy to read. sometimes I really don't understand Sungji or she's really just naive and innocent about dating someone. Sungji is just too enthusiastic about her relationship with Sumin. yeah, kinda like what would you expect with someone experiencing their first love and yet she's also mature about it. giving Sumin space and not being inquisitive. sometimes, I really feel like she's lacking emotion or is it the way she was draw? I don't really know. don't criticize me. it's just my opinion.

last edited at Apr 27, 2016 1:07PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Really love Alina Vi (VIA)'s drawing.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

How to make your present feel that you give them your heart while you are still in love with your ex? Sumin is an expert in the field.

joined Feb 4, 2016

I really feel like she's lacking emotion or is it the way she was draw?

I share the same opinion with you, many times I feel Sungji is lacking in emotion and depth. I used to complain a lot back then on how it feels that Gaji does not properly develop Sungji character....

Sometimes to me her relationship to Sumin feels kinda shallow too. There are way too many filler chapters in the series about SungjixSumin dates and their push & pull to sex that contributes little to their relationship development.

joined Mar 8, 2014

Once again. Sumin can't confront Seju or even talk to her after their argument. Sumin just really like escaping her problems with Seju by dating or seeing another woman. you know to occupy her thoughts and fill her time (well, I guess Sungji is an exception) the ending will certainly break this cycle.

and on Sungji. this is one of the reason why I think Seju is more relatable or easy to read. sometimes I really don't understand Sungji or she's really just naive and innocent about dating someone. Sungji is just too enthusiastic about her relationship with Sumin. yeah, kinda like what would you expect with someone experiencing their first love and yet she's also mature about it. giving Sumin space and not being inquisitive. sometimes, I really feel like she's lacking emotion or is it the way she was draw? I don't really know. don't criticize me. it's just my opinion.

no she's not lacking emotion... it's really hard to read her but there a lot of cues that Sungji tries to not make a big deal out of things.
When she gave Sumin the cold shoulder she was actually mad but said she wasn't because she didn't want to dig into it.
And in this chapter she was fiddling with her phone the whole time... did you notice her expression when Sumin messaged her? She rushed downstairs and fell because she was too nervous or sth. This is a lot more subtle but when Sumin is talking there's a close up to her hands and they are clenched -> it means she's quite tense. Then she quickly changes the subject when Sumin mentions the scandals and asks her to stay over.
I don't think Sungji is being a hypocrite or wearing a mask I just think she doesn't want to show how upset she truly is because she doesn't want to further upset Sumin. She is scared Sumin will distance herself if she does that. At least I think so.
As you said Sungji is a bit like Seju. They are... actually more similar than we might think. Doesn't Seju also seem really calm and collected most of the time? But we've seen her break down so she seems to have more emotions. Sungji breaks down as well when she gets insecure. We have already seen that... Sungji did some weird stuff when she found out she liked Sumin if you remember... she wasn't making a lot of sense which was for comedic purposes and to move the plot a bit I guess but you sort of get the idea that she's a bit timid some times.
What really bothers me is that we don't see Sungji's POV... We saw it once and it was about her not liking all the attention she got and being slower than others and not feeling the "rush". She probably doesn't feel the rush to know about Sumin's past either I suppose? But that's because she thinks Sumin is in completely in love with her and that is not exactly true... and I think she might be starting to realize that and trying to be nice in an attempt to change the course of events... which... totally reminds me of Seju.
I was thinking both Sungji and Seju might leave Sumin but now I'm not sure. Even though Sumin seems to hint at wanting to break up with Sungji she still called her which is something I didn't expect. Sungji said she'd support Sumin which makes me think that Sumin would have to do something truly awful for her to get mad... I don't want her to be victimized and have Sumin feel bad for her and have them end up together that way... it seems too predictable and Sungji would come off as a Mary Sue and underdeveloped.

joined Aug 29, 2015

@9toenails
good thing someone understands me lol. but I guess what Faylicia said is right. I think a chapter focus on Sungji's POV will help the readers understand her more. though, her lack of background story doesn't help either.

@Faylicia
Sungji imo is just too perfect/innocent or the way Team Gaji portray her so far. (yeah Mary Sue) I don't know sometimes she feels empty/blank to me. I mean, Sumin and Seju has a more interesting background story to tell than Sungji. who has live a normal life except now lol. I understand why Seju had fallen in love with Sumin but Sungji. (love at first sight? or doesn't even have an idea what's love at age 24 lol) the believability of Sungji's character is just isn't there while Sumin and Seju is more realistic.

on the future chap. yeah, I think Sumin will break it off with Sungji to be fair with her and not to deepen their relationship any further cause it will hurt Sungji more in the long run. especially, when she found out the truth about Seju. maybe then. we will see the other side of Sungji. I really can't wait when the three of them confront each other.

joined Jan 17, 2016

How to make your present feel that you give them your heart while you are still in love with your ex?

Haha ! Exactly idk either the series is getting really confusing and complex it's like couple chapters ago everybody was certain that team blonde will be endgame, but right now no one know anything any more. the the whole fandom is 50/50 .... it's quite possible its gonna be team Pink as well as team blonde
That aside .. it's really frustrating that sumin and seju haven't been intreacting at all for the last 15 ch except where she yelled at her couple chapters ago and the useless flash back of course. but seriously poor seju must be frustrated that she hasn't spoken or touched sumin for a long time but then again I guess she is used to waiting.

joined Mar 8, 2014

@9toenails
good thing someone understands me lol. but I guess what Faylicia said is right. I think a chapter focus on Sungji's POV will help the readers understand her more. though, her lack of background story doesn't help either.

@Faylicia
Sungji imo is just too perfect/innocent or the way Team Gaji portray her so far. (yeah Mary Sue) I don't know sometimes she feels empty/blank to me. I mean, Sumin and Seju has a more interesting background story to tell than Sungji. who has live a normal life except now lol. I understand why Seju had fallen in love with Sumin but Sungji. (love at first sight? or doesn't even have an idea what's love at age 24 lol) the believability of Sungji's character is just isn't there while Sumin and Seju is more realistic.

on the future chap. yeah, I think Sumin will break it off with Sungji to be fair with her and not to deepen their relationship any further cause it will hurt Sungji more in the long run. especially, when she found out the truth about Seju. maybe then. we will see the other side of Sungji. I really can't wait when the three of them confront each other.

I'm not too sure about what Sumin will do. Yes that is a possibility. I think Sungji seems too perfect as well but as I have mentioned there are a lot of cues that suggest this was done on purpose in order to have a big revelation at some point. I don't know; shocking plot twist as Lezhin says. I don't think Sumin still being in love with Seju is the shocking plot twist at all. I have no idea how they're going to shift Sungji's behavior though; she seems really sweet right now. She'd probably be more shocked than mad if Sumin broke it off with her right now; so something else has to happen. I have the feeling that Sungji might somehow come across Sumin's past. Seju might tell her something which will in turn make her ask questions even though she wants to wait for Sumin she will not able to once she realizes what's really going on.

last edited at Apr 27, 2016 3:02PM

joined Jan 17, 2016

Here's what I think will happen . Sumin will break up with sungi and go back to seju sleeps with her after some time she will wonder why do I feel so empty and then she realizes she loves sungi now and she go back to sungi . And seju must miraclely heal on her own the end.! Kkkk

joined Mar 8, 2014

Here's what I think will happen . Sumin will break up with sungi and go back to seju sleeps with her after some time she will wonder why do I feel so empty and then she realizes she loves sungi now and she go back to sungi . And seju must miraclely heal on her own the end.! Kkkk

if she does that I'm going #TeamBlank -.-

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

But when Sumin decided to go back to Sungji, it was too late. Sungji already got together with Nami.

To reply you must either login or sign up.