ForumNews iOS Reader App - Testers wanted!

joined Mar 2, 2012

I would also love to test it out!!!

joined Nov 11, 2011

I'd like to test the app. I recently got an iPod Touch 4G with 5.1 iOS. Thanks!

BTW, even if you don't manage to get the app on app store, yo can always get it on a cydia repo, no? :-)

last edited at Apr 24, 2012 1:09AM

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

MousE0910 wrote

BTW, even if you don't manage to get the app on app store, yo can always get it on a cydia repo, no? :-)

I am sure its possible, but I no longer jailbreak my devices so it isn't really feasible.

joined Nov 11, 2011

Why not? Jailbreaking isn't illegal and you can get a lot of handy tweaks. Sure, performance of your device may suffer if you use too many tweaks but I use about 15 of them at the same time and still can play Infinity Blade II :D

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Warranty.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

MousE0910 wrote

Why not? Jailbreaking isn't illegal and you can get a lot of handy tweaks. Sure, performance of your device may suffer if you use too many tweaks but I use about 15 of them at the same time and still can play Infinity Blade II :D

If I wanted to jailbreak my device, I would just get an Android instead. After having an Android for a while and spending lots time flashing custom roms, trying out twenty million different apps to replace stock apps, with stuff breaking all the time and never being able to get everything to work exactly as I wanted to. I went back to an iPhone where it had nearly everything I wanted, but everything always works and I never had to expend any time/effort to keep it that way.

joined Nov 11, 2011

MrEngenious wrote

Warranty.

You can always easily un-jailbreak your device in case something happened and nobody is the wiser.

omnscient0 wrote

If I wanted to jailbreak my device, I would just get an Android instead. After having an Android for a while and spending lots time flashing custom roms, trying out twenty million different apps to replace stock apps, with stuff breaking all the time and never being able to get everything to work exactly as I wanted to. I went back to an iPhone where it had nearly everything I wanted, but everything always works and I never had to expend any time/effort to keep it that way.

Androids suck. I had a Samsung Galaxy myself and I would never trade my iPod for it or any other android device. It's true that iPhone is very neat and everything works as it should but there's no reason not to make it even more awesome by adding even more great features and/or expanding on the current features.
I'm not trying to persuade you into jailbreaking though, it's your choice. I just don't see any reason not to jailbreak, that's all. :-)

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

MousE0910 wrote

I just don't see any reason not to jailbreak, that's all. :-)

Basically comes down to, I don't think the benefits of it are worth the time/effort involved. I work a 10-6 job now, when I was in HS/College I was a lot more willing to waste time on these type of things.

Also I am stickler for good design, even though I suck at making designs myself. I don't like using features that have good functionality but poor design (both UI and UX wise). So that would cut down the number of things I would use with a jailbreak.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Well there is the openappmkt for non jailbroken devices to run apps, but it is web based and has a lot of glitches. I would only use that as a last resort. I want to restate my earlier suggestion of having author and group listed in chapters on recently added or released.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

GendoIkari wrote

I want to restate my earlier suggestion of having author and group listed in chapters on recently added or released.

Yea, I am going to do this. Still deciding on how exactly though.

joined Feb 17, 2012

Works well with Wi-Fi.
Works freaking bad with 3G.
Pages are loading for 1-∞ minutes, almost impossible to download something. May be it's just my provider's problems. I know, nobody uses 3G to read manga, but I still tried.

A "search by tags" feature would be useful. And, may be, some kind of link under the name of the chapter on the Recently Released/Recently Added screen (or, may be, on the reading screen) that would lead you on the series' page (if it is serial, of course. For example, link under Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Vivid chapter that will lead on the manga's page). Like this link that leads you on this page.

joined Apr 26, 2012

i would love to test it out if you still need testers i have an iphone 4

Youtube-fran-copy
joined Dec 23, 2010

Still need tester? I just got my iPhone4 yesterday. :D

Persona_renko_ava_100
joined Apr 28, 2012

I have had an iPhone 4S in Japan since November. I don't code or anything but I would be more than happy to test it out and give suggestions, etc. I also have an iPod Touch 4th gen.

If you still need anyone, please feel free to contact me~

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I have an iPhone 3GS that would like to be tested on :D

joined May 17, 2012

i got an ipod touch and would like to test it. thanks in advance!

joined May 19, 2012

If you still need testers, I'd love to try it out. I'll keep an eye out for bugs and such and give suggestions for it.

I have an iPhone 4S running on 5.0.1, by the way.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

iTunes gave me an error with the provisioning profile. Any ideas on how I could fix this?

last edited at May 26, 2012 11:58AM

joined May 28, 2012

If you need anozher tester, me and my IPhone with 5.1.1 are ready

joined Jul 6, 2011

looks great

joined Jun 21, 2012

Ipod touch 4 ios 5.1.1 +jb here ready for testing if you still need testers! ^.^
Id like to state my disagreement on your thoughts about jailbreaking though, even if you dont use it it is my belief that many do, trying the app out on cydia would be a good idea. Keep in mind that if someone uses it from cydia it might actually mean that they have a wider knowledge on ios and stuff that may actually help with bugs etc
it would be like a free beta for ppl tht are a tiiiiiiiiny bit more experienced/google more/are more interested than ppl tht use their ios devices as they are

joined May 8, 2011

Been continuing testing it out from time to time and so far, not much in the way of bugs other than the occasional doubling of a few pages at times.

joined Jun 24, 2012

Are there any plans for an Android reader app?

joined Jun 13, 2012

how to do it???

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

nikkichan wrote

Are there any plans for an Android reader app?

The android version was made long before the iOS version.
https://spideroak.com/share/KRSW45DBMNWGK4Y/Dynasty/c%3A/Downloads/Sharing/Dynasty_Reader.apk

This topic has been locked.