Things i like:

-New concept than most of VN
-Converse debate who is right and wrong
-Good visuals
-Good sountrack
-Very interesting encounters

Things i hate:
-Bland and stupid protagonist
-Bland main cast and cliche love interests (would rather date the male character)
-Lack of choices
-Only reading the game rather than playing it

I'd say the demo is 6/10. Mostly becuz of lack of any choice. Would download it for free when on the other site. Going to download Night of Azure instead.

last edited at Mar 8, 2017 8:42PM

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

^Is this Pygmalion? You do realize Jay is literally old enough to be her dad right? He's the father figure. A bit odd too to consider the main cast bland when Jay responds with minimal emotions. Even when the sentence is exclamatory I can barely hear his voice at all over the soundtrack. Oh well.

Edit: Did you also just casually say that you're going to pirate it?

last edited at Mar 8, 2017 9:53PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

^Is this Pygmalion? You do realize Jay is literally old enough to be her dad right? He's the father figure. A bit odd too to consider the main cast bland when Jay responds with minimal emotions. Even when the sentence is exclamatory I can barely hear his voice at all over the soundtrack. Oh well.

Edit: Did you also just casually say that you're going to pirate it?

He doesn't look old though. I would rather see what kind of personality he has. Jesicca is interesting but her hate for enemy can too much. Rika is there........ just to be there and for love interest.

You do realize that VNs are often available for free or extremely cheap usually after a year or two on special holiday? Strawberry Vinegar was $1 or 2 on Valentine's Day even though it waz $15-20 on its release.

last edited at Mar 8, 2017 10:08PM

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

You do realize that VNs are often available for free or extremely cheap usually after a year or two on special holiday? Strawberry Vinegar was $1 or 2 on Valentine's Day even though it waz $15-20 on its release.

It's a 35 dollar Visual Novel and from what I know based on common sense, free means no payment at all. It's not a stretch to assume you meant piracy, so you'll have to excuse me for that one. Plus Jay is totally into Yang though, so tough luck.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

It's a 35 dollar Visual Novel and from what I know based on common sense, free means no payment at all. It's not a stretch to assume you meant piracy, so you'll have to excuse me for that one. Plus Jay is totally into Yang though, so tough luck.

Oh then it was a really good deal and decision to get it.

I told you what i mean, the rest is up to you what you want to think. We can keep this debate forever if you like.

Never said i want to, but i rather given the other choices are.... meh.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I believe Lumbering meant that Pygmalion is 35 dollars, not Strawberry Vinegar. Besides, Strawberry Vinegar was never $15 to 20; at most, it's been $10. There's definitely a huge difference between a $35 VN and a $10 VN in terms of sale price; just look at Kindred Spirits on the Roof, for example, which has been $26 at the lowest even though it's been out for more than a year at this point. Pygmalion's probably gonna go the same route, so don't count on it becoming "free or extremely cheap" any time soon... or, really, any time at all.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

I believe Lumbering meant that Pygmalion is 35 dollars, not Strawberry Vinegar. Besides, Strawberry Vinegar was never $15 to 20; at most, it's been $10. There's definitely a huge difference between a $35 VN and a $10 VN in terms of sale price; just look at Kindred Spirits on the Roof, for example, which has been $26 at the lowest even though it's been out for more than a year at this point. Pygmalion's probably gonna go the same route, so don't count on it becoming "free or extremely cheap" any time soon... or, really, any time at all.

Hmmm..... I do believe it will be really cheap after a year or two. I can wait till that long. If not, pretty sure there will be better yuri VNs released at that point.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Haha, 35 dollars is far too expensive for a short game like strawberry vinegar, no matter how good it is (it's great). Pygmalion is actually more expensive than Nights of Azure with that price point, although with the high ratings on vndb I think a lot of people found that it was worth it.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

^ Different people have different opinions. I, for instance, like VNs with choices rather than a long single route. Otherwise, it's reading a book for me. And i don't thnk i would ever spend $35 on a book, esp. a mediocre one.

Though i'm excited for Nights of Azure as it is an actual game rather than a visual novel. Pity such a rare yuri RPG s didn't sell well :(

I hope its sequel will sell well.

last edited at Mar 8, 2017 11:35PM

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I wasn't talking about quality or opinions though, it's all about production value. I'm just saying there's no way something as short as strawberry vinegar is going to be sold for 30+ dollars.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Bought Breath of the Wild since Amazon seems to have it in stock again, though still estimated delivery on Monday it said... gg amazon prime.

Hopefully it's just a hoax, I will pick up my Wiii U on friday. :|

also, please don't be another bomb like Skyward Sword plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

It got a perfect 10 across the board and I haven't heard of anyone hating it, so I think it's fine.

joined Jan 8, 2016

It got a perfect 10 across the board and I haven't heard of anyone hating it, so I think it's fine.

People don't believe me but so did Skyward Sword

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Bought Breath of the Wild since Amazon seems to have it in stock again, though still estimated delivery on Monday it said... gg amazon prime.

Hopefully it's just a hoax, I will pick up my Wiii U on friday. :|

From what my friend tells me, and from watching streams, it's definitely got that Zelda vibe in a lot of ways. On the other hand, it's also very much The Zelda Scrolls V: Skyrule in how the overland stuff feels and a few other elements. Doesn't seem to be a bad mix at all, and the only drawbacks I've heard about are all minor issues or stuff to do with the hardware.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Super Robot Wars V is amazing. I am so glad it had an English release. I cannot stop grinning while playing this game.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

I wasn't talking about quality or opinions though, it's all about production value. I'm just saying there's no way something as short as strawberry vinegar is going to be sold for 30+ dollars.

Oh. I see.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

and the only drawbacks I've heard about are all minor issues or stuff to do with the hardware.

i.e. BotW on the handheld screen being the current superior playing experience because it seems to have a much better framerate there.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I really want to get Zelda but I just bought another game! How am I supposed to avoid dungeon spoilers when I keep getting tempted by my sub box on youtube, Nier is also tempting me <_< I need to save up some money again.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

i am onfused to buy which game. Nier or Horizon Zero? Both look interesting >. <

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

So i finally bought Night of Azure.

Played it a little. Liked it so far but one thing ing is bothering me..

WHY THE FUCK BOOBS OF GIRLS BOUNCE JUST BY BREATHING IN EVERY FUCKING JAPANESE GAME?!

But jokes aside, it's really good so far.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Though i'm excited for Nights of Azure as it is an actual game rather than a visual novel. Pity such a rare yuri RPG s didn't sell well :(

You do realize it sold better than the Atelier game and it's one of the best launch sales for Gust, right?

joined Jan 8, 2016

Blaster Master Zero is very much worth it.

More remakes that actually fix things, thank you very much.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I've waited long enough, and since Mahoyo is halfway translated at this point, might as well give in and start playing it.

And...

It didn't take long for the female character to show signs of bisexuality, no matter how ambiguous of a statement it is. Shouldn't expect anything else from Kinoko Nasu, really.

Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to know how or doesn't want to create homosexual characters even though strangely enough there seems to be more bisexual female characters in his works than there are heterosexual ones. The only ones that were gay were Canaan and Maria from the Canaan anime. (and it's not even explicitly mentioned)

last edited at Mar 13, 2017 4:57AM

joined Jan 8, 2016

Got zelda

brb in 600 hours

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

In the last episode of "Kyonne is a totally innocent girl who plays no hentai games" i mentioned that Honey Select will be getting a update at the end of april that adds Yuri... ...Well fuck that, mate! The studio will finally allow you to move every joint of the model as you see fit! Always found the posing in this game quite shit compared to 3D Custom Girl (Despite there being amazing shots that people does in this game [With the help of some Mods of course]) but now nothing will stop me from the ultimate posing experience!

This topic has been locked.