Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Completed Dragon Age Origins. I don't know if it's popular here.

Really loved it more despite graphically inferior than its sequels. Story was fun. Dialogues were hilarious.

But what i liked the most is how the choices of 1st game still have effect in sequels and how Bioware is so casual and accepting about homosexuality. Good thing i choose Leliana and she remained loyal to the hero

Just hope to see my female Warden in next part with Leliana >.<

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Really loved it more despite graphically inferior than its sequels. Story was fun. Dialogues were hilarious.

But what i liked the most is how the choices of 1st game still have effect in sequels and how Bioware is so casual and accepting about homosexuality. Good thing i choose Leliana and she remained loyal to the hero

...Maybe lower your expectations because imo none of the sequels came close to being as good as Origins.

Edit: Especially if you plan to play Dragon Age 2. Take a look at all the vitriol aimed at it, adjust your expectations accordingly but still retain some optimism because it's still dragon age, then play it; at least that's how I think I still had fun with Dragon Age 2.

last edited at Jan 8, 2017 7:35AM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

...Maybe lower your expectations because imo none of the sequels came close to being as good as Origins.

Edit: Especially if you plan to play Dragon Age 2. Take a look at all the vitriol aimed at it, adjust your expectations accordingly but still retain some optimism because it's still dragon age, then play it; at least that's how I think I still had fun with Dragon Age 2.

I loved all the installments of dragon age so far, almost equally. Trust me, the dialogues will remain fun and the dynamic of your partys will not disappoint.

There are a lot of people that talk negatively about Dragon Age 2 but don't let that cloud your judgement.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

DA2 isn't that bad and I actually enjoy it despite its fault, that are mostly due to the fact that this was an "ordered" opus that had too little time to be properly made, which resulted in a gross overusing of the same assets, both graphical and level design wise.

Those faults means that going for completing every single quests quickly becomes tedious and even the fights can be anticipated because of the "by wave" spawning of ennemies, but aside for that, the game has some good points :

-A story that finally break out of Biowares overused narrative structure since neverwinter's night and that reached it apex (in a bad way) with DAO. The story is also more "personnal" as centered about few characters and whithin one city rather than a full country. It's not "save the world !", but the events still are world changing, as highlighted in Inquisition. Personnally, that's something I enjoyed and I felt that much closer to Hawke as a character than my warden.

-Many people mocked the Qunari revamp, but it still gave much more identity to the various races we meet in DA's world : elves and Qunaris both get much more defining visual traits that let you identify them at a glance. It felt like the world of DA got its own visual identity with that opus.

-Most of the characters are great and get their own development over the years alongside Hawke.

So yeah, it's not perfect, but if you can look past its faults, I think that it's a good game. Pity they couldn't get more time to properly work on it

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Oh i have played all the three parts. I just played Origins at last. DA 2 was a okay at best. Inquisition was decent story wise but gameplay was fun as hell.

It's just the freedom and story you yourself decide to create that made Origins so great. Choices are too many and too diverse. DA2 have way too less choices and cringy "funny" lines. DA Inquisition was better and had choices but it doesn't matter in thd end.

At least playing Inquisition i know that my dalish elf warden is alive and that Leliana is loyal to her despite being far away.

I guess it's too much to hope for Warden's return.....(sighs)

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I'm thinking about getting Stardew Valley. Anyone played it? How does the ''marry''-system work?

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I'm thinking about getting Stardew Valley. Anyone played it? How does the ''marry''-system work?

Great game, the farming side is well done and even if you don't like that, the dungeon part is interesting as well.

As for the wedding system, "bachelor/ette" characters can be pursued regardless of gender by talking to them, giving them presents they like to increase affection, then you can unlock some events that'll eventually lead to proposing to them. Once married, if you're in a same-sex relationship, you can adopt a kid if you upgraded your house enough.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Nice, thanks guys.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

DA:O is one of my favorite games of all time. Beaten it six times over, three as a mage cuz I'm a prissy finger wiggler or something. Love the story, love the characters, all the locations and choices. Can't get enough.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

DA:O is one of my favorite games of all time. Beaten it six times over, three as a mage cuz I'm a prissy finger wiggler or something. Love the story, love the characters, all the locations and choices. Can't get enough.

Six time? I just once. I don't know why but a female dalish elf seems like the best warden to me. Even Dragon Age Keep uses female dalish elf as default warden.

Though mages are OP.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I beat Dragon Age Origins + Awakening + (the shitty Golems DLC and Witch Hunt) 4 times I think. The game opened me up to those style of RPGs and I finally could get into Icewind Dale afterwards. DAO is one of my favorite games of all time and it is one of the few games I get sad when I am getting close to the end. (The original Mass Effect is another).

Dragon Age 2 only once, and that was after playing Inquisition (which I have not finished and as far as I see, I will never finish). DAI made me enjoy DA2, as 2 has the same gameplay as 1 pretty much with some changes. But it controls the same way, unlike DAI.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

I never understand why people like Mass Effect. Tried to play multiple times but quit after a few hours.

I guess i hate fantasy scifi.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Six time? I just once. I don't know why but a female dalish elf seems like the best warden to me. Even Dragon Age Keep uses female dalish elf as default warden.

Though mages are OP.

They're a bit OP yeah, I don't think it's drastic, especially if you play on a setting with friendly fire on.

I beat Dragon Age Origins + Awakening + (the shitty Golems DLC and Witch Hunt) 4 times I think. The game opened me up to those style of RPGs and I finally could get into Icewind Dale afterwards. DAO is one of my favorite games of all time and it is one of the few games I get sad when I am getting close to the end. (The original Mass Effect is another).

Dragon Age 2 only once, and that was after playing Inquisition (which I have not finished and as far as I see, I will never finish). DAI made me enjoy DA2, as 2 has the same gameplay as 1 pretty much with some changes. But it controls the same way, unlike DAI.

Yeah I haven't finished Inquisition either, probably won't. Tried twice now, can't get into it. DA2 I actually have beaten three times. The first time I hated it, but I kept comparing it to Origins. As its own game, I think it's good. Story is a bit weak but the characters are great. Got over the button mashing combat.

ME series... ugh. I don't wanna get started. I still play the first two, though.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

I never understand why people like Mass Effect. Tried to play multiple times but quit after a few hours.

I find it easier to start with ME2, then go back and play 1. 2 has far more active and fluid combat, though I think the world suffers because there's no Mako. If you hate the Mako, though, then even better for you.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

I find it easier to start with ME2, then go back and play 1. 2 has far more active and fluid combat, though I think the world suffers because there's no Mako. If you hate the Mako, though, then even better for you.

I don't know the world of ME always repelled me. I find myself telling that i should play other games instead of it.

I don't know if its even about scfi, i really like Alien Isolation though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Best thing about ME was the Mako. The vehicle they gave you in ME2 sucked balls.

ME: Andromeda should be an all-Mako driving game with the original ME engine.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

The Mako is a pain in the ass if you are trying to rush because of how it starts to then handle. I only hated the Mako the first time I played ME, but after that it was like well, at least it gives you that exploration vibe that none of the other ME games later had.

Mako FTW

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The Mako was also legit the funniest thing in the whole series. The idea of Shep driving like a madwoman while the others are holding on for dear life and begging her to stop really made the first game for me.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

The Mako was also legit the funniest thing in the whole series. The idea of Shep driving like a madwoman while the others are holding on for dear life and begging her to stop really made the first game for me.

H-hey, it's not her fault; the terrain is just really uneven. A few tumbles and flips here and there never harmed anyone.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

H-hey, it's not her fault; the terrain is just really uneven. A few tumbles and flips here and there never harmed anyone.

"I should be able to drive straight up this mountain, and nobody's gonna tell me I can't!"

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Yeah, I kept doing that because no time for taking the long way around. LIFT OFF!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Was totally my Shepard's fault. She just couldn't help but get all the girls in, then go for a bumpy ride so they'd hold onto her for dear life, making her drive with a glee. :D

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

So I started playing Fate/Extra CCC just now to hype myself for Extella's release 1 week from now, and a few minutes in Hakuno's face is firmly placed on a nun's breasts as they lie on the floor:

...Ok then.

Update: And now we reach the rather infamous scene of Hakuno making out with said Nun.

last edited at Jan 10, 2017 12:32AM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Tales of Berseria demo came out on PC and PS4 - tried out the PC version. It's really short. It's nice that it's 60 fps, but the antialiasing (at max settings) is pretty horrid because it's causing this shimmering effect on the edges of the character models. The only way I found to fix that was to play the game at 4K. Gameplay had a few added stuff, but still mostly felt the same.

The first skit 2-3 seconds into the demo was how deceiving women's appearances are, where the two guys on the party just tell the kid on the party to not fall for women's tricks or something equally ridiculous. Velvet seems to have no chill as advertised. Magilou seems as fun as advertised. This adult cast of party members just makes me miss my goofy kids from Zestiria.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Damn it Nomura you can't keep getting away with this! X Back Cover was supposed to give us answer not more fucking questions!

This topic has been locked.