Forum › Fortune Ring discussion

Underoneroof
joined Jan 17, 2014

so she didn't cut it...right?

My%20logo
joined Oct 7, 2013

I don't really get what happened, or whom was feeling what for who.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

You and me both, what the hell was that about?

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Where's Flips when you need them? Or Nezchan? They usually understand these "hidden meanings" stories. Because this one missed me. Maybe she didn't think her feelings were love because when you truly love someone, you want them to be happy, no matter who with. And she didn't want sempai's love to come true. Though she didn't realize that she herself is sempai's love. I dunno.

last edited at Jul 23, 2014 12:29AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Where's Flips when you need them? Or Nezchan? They usually understand these "hidden meanings" stories. Because this one missed me. Maybe she didn't think her feelings were love because when you truly love someone, you want them to be happy, no matter who with. And she didn't want sempai's love to come true. Though she didn't realize that she herself is sempai's love. I dunno.

Well since you asked...

I don't think Maki was ever aware that she was Hirasaka's love. She was, of course, and continues to be the one Hirasaka looks at, and that's why Hirasaka puts the ring on her wrist.

However, when she sees that Maki has a ring with her (that was forced on her by her friend) she assumes Maki is in love with someone else. So she's heartbroken of course, but keeps looking at Maki. Maki misses all of this, and assumes that Hirasawa is in love with some guy or something. Later, she tries to symbolically break Hirasawa's love for this mystery person by cutting the ring, but realizes it's meaningless to do so. However, she cuts her own because she thinks that relying on the ring is coercive (but doesn't think it through that then Hirasawa's ring would be too) rather than honestly being in love.

It seems like Hirasawa somehow realizes that Maki removed her own ring at the end, rather than letting it break and thus having her love be realized, and thus she still has hope.

That's my take. It's definitely bittersweet, but at least it leaves a slender thread of possibility at the end.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Well since you asked...

I don't think Maki was ever aware that she was Hirasaka's love. She was, of course, and continues to be the one Hirasaka looks at, and that's why Hirasaka puts the ring on her wrist.

However, when she sees that Maki has a ring with her (that was forced on her by her friend) she assumes Maki is in love with someone else. So she's heartbroken of course, but keeps looking at Maki. Maki misses all of this, and assumes that Hirasawa is in love with some guy or something. Later, she tries to symbolically break Hirasawa's love for this mystery person by cutting the ring, but realizes it's meaningless to do so. However, she cuts her own because she thinks that relying on the ring is coercive (but doesn't think it through that then Hirasawa's ring would be too) rather than honestly being in love.

It seems like Hirasawa somehow realizes that Maki removed her own ring at the end, rather than letting it break and thus having her love be realized, and thus she still has hope.

That's my take. It's definitely bittersweet, but at least it leaves a slender thread of possibility at the end.

Lol, I knew you wouldn't disappoint. Thanks for the breakdown.

Kjraze
joined Mar 3, 2014

Well since you asked...

Thank you :D :D :D <3

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

Well since you asked...

Thank you very much.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016
Anna Liebert
N22
joined Jun 6, 2020

Same

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Some of the dialogue was either written or translated confusingly. Even basic stuff here, like they were talking about the jackets, why is Kozue exclaiming "You can't!" for? I think that's actually the most confusing part. It's also easy to miss that Kozue shoved the bracelet into her hand either when they were play-fighting or during the next page's dialogue exchange.

Ugh the panelling is so confusing. I can't even tell if the senpai gives Maki her own bracelet or Maki's bracelet. Both are completely possible but would change the meaning of the line Hirasaki says on page 18.

Well whatever, the simplest explanation is what Nezchan gave above. Maki is a dumbass/isn't ready to actively love and Hirasaki smiles to herself knowing something stronger than the ring can be fastened around them.

To reply you must either login or sign up.