Forum › Comic - Sunstone

joined Nov 30, 2011

Hope it's alright to post this here

An epic comic being published on Deviant Art. Never seen anyone mention it here as far as I can tell and the search didn't bring anything up. It's not anywhere close to the style of the stories released here but I know some of you would definitely love it. I know I do and I wanted to share. I've been following the comic for years now and it will be published in a physical format at some point but the author is still going to release it for free on DeviantArt.

It follows mostly, two women exploring their sexuality as they discover pretty intense feelings for each as they conduct a relationship based on BDSM. It's quite mature and doesn't make things "very over-the-top" (wink wink nudge nudge) like you would expect to see from some of the stories here. The relationship development is well done and the characters are very enjoyable, not to mention the art.

Several Cover-Like Pieces:

"Page 1" for your viewing pleasure:
http://shiniez.deviantart.com/art/page-zero-dun-dun-dunnnnn-underwhelming-huh-311369363

All three chapters currently finished and in PDF format for those really interested.
http://shiniez.deviantart.com/gallery/43392512

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do :)

joined Feb 4, 2014

I love this story. It was this story - Sunstone - that made me look for other stuff. I eventually found Dynasty and similar websites. But I like Dynasty the best because of its layout. Thank You Dynasty Scans.

20572_311167636941_6582597_n
joined Apr 22, 2013

Yes! A conversation about Sunstone here. I actually found this comic maybe three weeks ago and I couldn't stop reading until the last page. The intensity made me reel. The characters are so well developed, sometimes it was like looking at facets of myself, or of friends. Can't wait to get my hands on a hard copy whenever this gets published. Definitely worth getting.

I love that last photo of Lisa and Ally btw, it's so playful. Ally can be such a goofball.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Yes! A conversation about Sunstone here. I actually found this comic maybe three weeks ago and I couldn't stop reading until the last page. The intensity made me reel. The characters are so well developed, sometimes it was like looking at facets of myself, or of friends. Can't wait to get my hands on a hard copy whenever this gets published. Definitely worth getting.

I know right!? It's a really great read. The first time I came across it was when he was still just drawing the characters. I stopped visiting DA and a few years later I came back and viola!!! There was as story! I read that thing to the very end at the time. Sooo much great stuff in it. And I plan to get hard copies as well since the author does plan to release it sometime later this year (he has at least 2-3 other projects as well, one called Ravine which is pure awesome btw).

I love that last photo of Lisa and Ally btw, it's so playful. Ally can be such a goofball.

And it's juuust getting to the heavy stuff now. Ally totally burned Lisa in the latest release.

Full Color NSFW Lots of Sex Adult Life Drama Bondage Yuri Toys Slice of Life Read from Left to Right Non-moe Art

Aaaaaaaaand after a whole day reading the 3 chapters completed so far, I just wanna say:
GO GET MARRIED YOU TWO!!

Lol technically they are already married. Lisa is just recounting her history with Lisa together. It will be awesome to finally see who proposes to who though ;)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I'll get around reading this... bookmarked.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I think I found Sunstone somehow by wandering through TV Tropes. SM doesn't particularly appeal to my interests (I will read just about anything yuri though), but the story is goooooood. And it's pretty informative too, you get to learn about the dynamics that go on beyond just the leather and restraints.
It's part of my ever growing bookmark list now.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

heh, I got an account on DevArt just so I could download the chapters. I was attracted to the art, but totally stayed for the story which is unapologetically good. but man oh man, some of the rigs are... ummmmmm.........

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

It's on hold while the author works on the printed version which is supposed to be shipping soon, I forget exactly when.

available Dec 24. not sure which sellers will have it. Amazon and Barnes and Noble will make it available (will ship?) on Jan. 15, 2015. pre-orders now open.

btw, ch. 4 is out, but not complete.

Can anyone confirm what spacepowers said? Is it weekly? I'd like to know before I take the plunge.

cannot confirm. but spacepowers is correct, Shiniez (Stjepan Sejic) is on hiatus working on getting the book to print, so I'd check back on his page to see when he's back to working on the current and newer chapters.

last edited at Oct 31, 2014 9:27PM

joined Nov 30, 2011

He's got a LOT on his plate right now. AFAIK he's getting Sunstone printed, Vol. II of Ravine printed soon, Death Vigil being released, and then other works and what not. And I plan to get my grubby hands on it as well.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Book is available for preorder from various sources.

http://shiniez.deviantart.com/art/sunstone-book-1-collage-info-491760667

I would definitely order it if I had the scratch lying around. Looks like it's already #1 in its category on Amazon though. Hopefully the comic will pick up again. It is really an amazing effort for a free comic.

Awesome, thanks for sharing. I wish it was coming out before Christmas, so I could have an excuse to force it on other people...

I do much better with serials when I can read them offline, so this will finally be my motivation to get back into it!

joined Nov 30, 2011

Weird that you say that because the store I pre-ordered it from said it'll be there on the 24th. Strange O_o. And I agree, I do a much better job of reading comics and other stuff offline in the physical format.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I got my physical copy on Christmas Eve! Tis glorious!!!

Also, for those who haven't been following lately, chapter 4 has had a series of updates and should be finishing soon. I must say, the last page was....well to describe in a few words, HOLY SHIT! Right in the feels.

Chapter 4:
http://shiniez.deviantart.com/gallery/43542709/chapter-4?offset=0

joined Jan 1, 2015

Hello.. I'm new here. I was just wondering about how many chapters are there in total so far? in volume 1 I mean... TIA

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Anyone seen the art packs by the artists? Fucking amazing O_o

Images_(2)
joined Feb 10, 2013

..how can I read this??..I don't know how, I'm sorry..(sigh)

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Yep! I love this series, the S&M is properly done and realistic (unlike another unfortunately popular series), the characters are often really loveable and funny, and the art is fantastic, and best of all, it's yuri! :D

joined Nov 30, 2011

Pre-orders are up for Volume 2!

http://www.amazon.com/Sunstone-Volume-2-Stjepan-Sejic/dp/1632152290

Also, things are totally heating up in the story right now! Anybody keeping up with it?

joined Jan 8, 2014

Havent looked in a minute, but will get to it since its updated :)

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yep! I love this series, the S&M is properly done and realistic (unlike another unfortunately popular series), the characters are often really loveable and funny, and the art is fantastic, and best of all, it's yuri! :D

What series do you mean?

So, heard Sunstone is gonna go het with two side couples in later chapters or volumes. Can anybody tell me if the perspective shifts when the het is gonna start or are the two women still gonna be the center of the book?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

We don't really know, but the narrator is one of the two women and you can't see the het side couple without the two girl so we will still see them often.
And honestly I wouldn't mind the story being centered for while on the het side couple, they are likable and kinda cute together

Personally I'm waiting for the chapter 5 to begin to continue reading this series, I won't survive the angst for long x)

last edited at Feb 9, 2015 12:20PM

joined Nov 30, 2011

What series do you mean?

50 Shades of Grey

So, heard Sunstone is gonna go het with two side couples in later chapters or volumes. Can anybody tell me if the perspective shifts when the het is gonna start or are the two women still gonna be the center of the book?

If I remember correctly, there will be a heavier focus on Jennifer and Alan's relationship and maybe with the other, more established couple but the two mains will be apart of the story still. But the closing of the story will heavily shift back to our two favorite ladies.

joined Nov 30, 2011

We don't really know, but the narrator is one of the two women and you can't see the het side couple without the two girl so we will still see them often.
And honestly I wouldn't mind the story being centered for while on the het side couple, they are likable and kinda cute together

Personally I'm waiting for the chapter 5 to begin to continue reading this series, I won't survive the angst for long x)

Gah! Beat me too it. But agreed, I don't really mind the shift at all. It's such a fun and enjoyable series that you kinda want to see everyone else lol.

And I'm waiting for Pt.2 of the current strip.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

What series do you mean?

50 Shades of Grey

Oh. Well, yeah, fuck that.

If I remember correctly, there will be a heavier focus on Jennifer and Alan's relationship and maybe with the other, more established couple but the two mains will be apart of the story still. But the closing of the story will heavily shift back to our two favorite ladies.

Thank you, every doubt has been lifted. I got through the side couples of Aoi Hana, so Sunstone is not gonna be a problem.

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

Been following Steph since his Wichblade series and didn't know he did Sunstone until about a few months after I saw people posting they were the same people. I love Sunstone enough to pre-order every issue until it's complete. 50 shaddes of crap can go in the toilet for all I care. Sunstone is a work of art, in my humble opinion.

If I seem to be on this comic like white on rice because where can you find a GOOD lesbian BDSM comic anywhere?!

joined Nov 30, 2011

If yall aren't rooting for Alan to get laid I don't know what to say.

I can't imagine a more beautiful and pure love.

Lmao I love the husbands look in the bottom panel. There are just soo many good scenes in this series that it's near impossible to just, name, one.

Thank you, every doubt has been lifted. I got through the side couples of Aoi Hana, so Sunstone is not gonna be a problem.

I honestly had so much trouble with Aoi Hana at the end. Had trouble figuring out who was who.

last edited at Feb 9, 2015 7:06PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.