Forum › Goodbye, Snow White discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Saki is best girl. She set up Miya-Kanade to meet her old flame to give her a shot at closure, despite knowing full well that she could lose her as a result. That takes guts, and the fact that Kanade was able to move on from Izumi and appreciated the risk Saki took for her makes the ending that much better. The story is melancholic but not sad, if that makes any sense? Yes, everyone has lost something, but only things they didn't need and were holding them back.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I think I'm probably stupid - I've read this, barely understood what happened and why, read the comments and now I understand even less. Didn't get the feeling that Myia and Saki were dating or are hinted that they will start to, and a reread doesn't convince me... but I feel like you guys must be right because then why even include Saki in the story at all?

last edited at Aug 13, 2022 8:31AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I think I'm probably stupid - I've read this, barely understood what happened and why, read the comments and now I understand even less. Didn't get the feeling that Myia and Saki were dating or are hinted that they will start to, and a reread doesn't convince me... but I feel like you guys must be right because then why even include Saki in the story at all?

For me, the biggest clue was page 5, where Saki wakes Kanade up in the present timeline (evident in the latter's hair being long). How she wakes her up (basically crawling all over her and giving her an implied kiss on the lips) that, to me, just screams "roommates" "best friends" "couple". You don't wake a regular colleague up like that, even when you are sex workers sharing an apartment for some reason.

last edited at Aug 13, 2022 8:59AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

For me, the biggest clue was page 5, where Saki wakes Kanade up in the present timeline (evident in the latter's hair being long). How she wakes her up (basically crawling all over her and giving her an implied kiss on the lips) that, to me, just screams "roommates" "best friends" "couple". You don't wake a regular colleague up like that, even when you are sex workers sharing an apartment for some reason.

... hmm I think I didn't catch that this is an interlude 2 years in the future, one page later she's still a newbie so I thought it's still showing her the ropes and glossed over the details. Maybe that's why this felt like a very disjointed read.

last edited at Aug 13, 2022 9:04AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

"It's been two years" https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/20220-goodbye-snow-white-discussion?page=2

It can be a bit confusing, especially if you miss the hair length clue. Basically flashback (meeting Saki), present (being woken up), back to flashback (Saki telling 'Miya' how to do the job), back to present ("it's been two years"). But it's pretty unambiguous once you take everything in. (Something you can't say about all works!)

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Damn this whole anthology was excellent. All of them had like really positive endings too

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

temp are you high whenever you make one of these posts or like, what

Perhaps, but it is incredibly well written.

To reply you must either login or sign up.