Forum › Regarding Mafuena discussion

joined Sep 6, 2018

Toxic. The parents got what they deserved, too. How old were the lasses in this story?

20190107050456_1%20(3)
joined Oct 13, 2017

Toxic. The parents got what they deserved, too. How old were the lasses in this story?

Mafuyu is two years into college, so she should be around 19-20 years old. Ena should be the same age as her.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Mafuyu is two years into college, so she should be around 19-20 years old. Ena should be the same age as her.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/regarding_mafuena#25 this page here said that Ena is in her last year of highschool, so she's 17-18 though?

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Got what they deserved. For what, being clueless? I wouldn’t exactly call them parent of the year material, but it’s a bit harsh to just get cut out of their kid’s life for that alone.

20190107050456_1%20(3)
joined Oct 13, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/regarding_mafuena#25 this page here said that Ena is in her last year of highschool, so she's 17-18 though?

In Project Sekai, Ena and Mafuyu are in their second year of high school. Japanese high schools are 3 years, not 4 like in some other countries, so the author is implying Ena got held back a year while Mafuyu went on to go to college.

20190107050456_1%20(3)
joined Oct 13, 2017

Got what they deserved. For what, being clueless? I wouldn’t exactly call them parent of the year material, but it’s a bit harsh to just get cut out of their kid’s life for that alone.

Mafuyu and Ena’s parents have caused a lot of problems for them in the series— Mafuyu’s mom and Ena’s dad in particular. There’s a lot that goes on so it’s hard to explain briefly to those who haven’t read their in-game stories.

allmarbleslost
So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

me: god damn that's a lot of angst for just some project sekai characters
also me: remembers what the plot of nightcord is like
me: oh

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Nice. Can't wait for the finished version.

joined Sep 6, 2018

In Project Sekai, Ena and Mafuyu are in their second year of high school. Japanese high schools are 3 years, not 4 like in some other countries, so the author is implying Ena got held back a year while Mafuyu went on to go to college.

Thanks!

joined Sep 6, 2018

Mafuyu and Ena’s parents have caused a lot of problems for them in the series— Mafuyu’s mom and Ena’s dad in particular. There’s a lot that goes on so it’s hard to explain briefly to those who haven’t read their in-game stories.

I didn’t realize they’re in-game characters. Anyways, I was referring to mafuyu’s mother: she should have kept better tabs on her daughter as ena is halfway there to derail mafuyu’s education. As for the dad, I don’t care as there wasn’t enough inferences as to how mean he is. Maybe allowing mafuyu (and readers) to overhear a telephone conversation between Ena and her dad would portray the father as abusive or insensitive (to Ena’s wishes to become a painter).

precariousLife
joined Jun 5, 2022

I didn’t realize they’re in-game characters. Anyways, I was referring to mafuyu’s mother: she should have kept better tabs on her daughter as ena is halfway there to derail mafuyu’s education. As for the dad, I don’t care as there wasn’t enough inferences as to how mean he is. Maybe allowing mafuyu (and readers) to overhear a telephone conversation between Ena and her dad would portray the father as abusive or insensitive (to Ena’s wishes to become a painter).

I haven't read enough about Ena's dad, but...
Mafuyu's mother is despised by the fanbase for good reason. Manipulative, emotionally abusive and shows little care for her daughter's wishes (makes Mafuyu start to lose her identity and consider suicide at the start of the story). Her actions are horrifyingly considered normal in real life too.

last edited at Aug 1, 2022 11:12AM

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

I haven't read enough about Ena's dad, but...
Mafuyu's mother is despised by the fanbase for good reason. Manipulative, emotionally abusive and shows little care for her daughter's wishes (makes Mafuyu start to lose her identity and consider suicide at the start of the story). Her actions are horrifyingly considered normal in real life too.

Does she have a happy ending where she confronts or runs away from her mum and has intense comfort sex with ena in the end?

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

The whole point of doujins is that it's up to the readers to know the background. Saying "I don't know and don't care" about a work based on an existing setting is dumb.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

The whole point of doujins is that it's up to the readers to know the background. Saying "I don't know and don't care" about a work based on an existing setting is dumb.

Ehh, I think it's a matter of perspective. People that seek out doujins based on a work they like or want to see more of have that attitude, but people who are just browsing this site and reading random doujins will obviously not know the background. I don't know the original story, and I don't think this story needs extra background as I think things are clear enough to know there are family problems for both, but someone feeling like it's missing some context isn't wrong just because this is a doujin.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

That was depressing ngl

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Ah. That makes sense, thanks. I’m not familiar with the actual game, so I just had the doujin to base my opinion on.

8df30faf9de0511ace2b40acb3d005267d346bcc_full
joined Sep 1, 2021

Did I miss something? What part of this was NSFW?

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

I remember being 19, too.

To reply you must either login or sign up.