Forum › Spinning Maiden and the Taishou Moon discussion

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Oh yay, it's back

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

everytime a manga sets the time traveller premise so close to the world wars it makes me feel bad about the characters lol

The 1923 Great Kantō earthquake is a closer issue for these characters considering that they live in 1921 Tokyo, just a couple years away from it.

Tho it's probably not worth worrying about as I doubt a manga like this would want to inlude almost half of Tokyo beoming homeless and many people dying (including a massacre of about 6000 Koreans in the aftermath, something still denied by the Japanaese far-right)

If anything, the author could probably use this event as what brings her back to her time, so the aftermath in 1923 wouldn’t have to be shown.

Not sure what would be more tragic. Itsuki & the rest dying in the earthquake, ensuring nothing she does changes the future. Or returning to her time to meet a 112 year-old Itsuki on her deathbed.

joined Nov 22, 2023

When's the next chapter coming?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Well, the little sister clearly has her priorities strait. ... Well, strait might not be the right word, but she knows what she's doing.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That's quite the way to play house... :D

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Interrupted right as things were getting interesting. Twice, if you also consider the rejection scene.

StudentOfEtherium
Djp09ca4_400x400
joined Dec 16, 2017

"class s refers to plastonic relationships between girls" dunno if platonic is the word i would use to describe class s

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

this is rapidly approaching post-subtext levels of gay, if it wasn't there already

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

You know i'm still a little worried that every chapter has a full date. Wasnt there a huge Earthquake in japan by 1923?

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

I heard that this manga will end at volume 4. If that's true, it's a shame it hasn't been adapted into an anime yet and it's already ended.
Speaking of what this chapter is talking about, there hasn't been any series following this motif lately. It's like an old school, with a tradition of seniors accepting a junior as their younger sister, then addressing them like a rich lady like Onee-sama. The last series I watched that had this style was Yuri Is My Job, and it wasn't a real school, just a themed cafe. The author of that series has been drawing for a long time, since 2008, perhaps, at the time this motif was quite popular so she probably ended up drawing it accordingly, although the author probably thought the motif was outdated (that series came out in 2016) so she only used that motif as the theme of the coffee shop and could not write about a real school. As for new authors, I don't see anyone following this motif.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

this is rapidly approaching post-subtext levels of gay, if it wasn't there already

It's just text. She's having dreams about her crush and wanting to get it on, in middle of a school class to boot. Doesn't get any more textual than that.

last edited at Mar 24, 2024 7:20AM

joined Oct 25, 2010

I like the story very much. I think it has great potential for plots , characters, and interesting interactions. I look forward to seeing more!

To reply you must either login or sign up.