Forum › The VTuber Thread Wherein We Talk about VTubers

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's getting worse as we speak, like wow this will go down in history as How to turn everyone against you, the niji president released a video addressing the concerns and apologizing to the fans (and investors) and that's how it should've been handled from the start (at least to the public eye) but the NijiEN office feels like is doing whatever they want out of pure spite and making everything way worse than it needs to be.

What's also important to point out is that this isn't just a problem with Selen but all the people who left before her too, it was imploding a long time ago and they refused to change.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

That video would have been an okay response if it was posted a day or two after this all started. As is, it's not just late, but it came out a few hours after evidence that the central problem (EN management) remains unchanged

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm feeling kinda numb at this point. It really is just sad, but it's so pathetic that I kinda have to laugh about it. Homegirl wanted to stream Neopets after all this time and they intentionally did this to spite her.

I don't see Vox recovering from this, the other two barely said anything when you look closely, but he made it too personal. What even was that script? They dropped illegal shit, then Niji tweeted "we hereby declare" it was ok.

And the Yacht boi addressing the investors BEFORE saying their "livers" are the priority was the icing on the cake.

This truly is the beginning of the end, Mr. Man just got his gun loaded for him.

Anyway, I hope everyone who's not involved in any of this shit is ok...but Scarle had bit of a thing going by liking a "Kurosanji" comment, we'll know what happened if we don't see her soon.
Aia has a surprise for us soon, let her cook.
Krisis and TTT deserved better than the little push they got, but also joining into this mess as it stared boiling.

joined Apr 10, 2021

That video was so unreal. All the points I could make have been made somewhere. Why on Elira's channel? Why them and not a manager? Why basically admit you broke the law? Why basically admit that those on video are the ones who bullied her, when Selen did not even mention livers? Why make it look like you are petty and hateful by doing this at the same time as not-Selen's stream?
Why say anything?
If we pretend that, despite all the obvious harm done to her, Selen actually was a problem in many ways and a harmful, unstable person to be around, why assume that this would make anyone believe their side?

It's unbelievable. A troll taking control of all their accounts (and their brains) would not harm them this well.

Saddest thing to me is that Kyo (who is leaving), Scarle and Kotoka were the only ones who didn't at least RT the infamous video. Until/unless someone leaves and talks, every last one of the rest is now tainted by their actions. This includes people I've donated to and while I'm aware it's a persona, not a person, people I would never, ever have believed to be like that.

Also P.S. Serenata's icon fits this and the comments so well

last edited at Feb 13, 2024 9:12AM

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

That video was so unreal. All the points I could make have been made somewhere. Why on Elira's channel? Why them and not a manager? Why basically admit you broke the law? Why basically admit that those on video are the ones who bullied her, when Selen did not even mention livers? Why make it look like you are petty and hateful by doing this at the same time as not-Selen's stream?

Based on the followup tweet NijiEN made, they apparently think they can have livers play both sides. Since they work for Niji and this was all part of an "investigation," telling them won't, technically, breach NDA, and since, technically, none of them signed any NDAs regarding this and are "independent contractors" they aren't bound to keep it secret

Hololive tried something similar in the early days, allowing their talents to stream games without permissions and then claiming that it's fine because the talents are "independent contractors" and not technically part of the company. No one bought it then either and there were mass removals of videos, troubling many of their livers and fans

Ultimately, though, NijiEN's objective was likely to try and exploit the other fanbases loyalty to their oshis to rally them against Selen, thereby causing the anti-niji faction supporting her to lose momentum

last edited at Feb 13, 2024 11:10AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Why basically admit that those on video are the ones who bullied her, when Selen did not even mention livers?

That's not quite right: The people named by the document are apparently Elira, Enna, and Millie, and thus the ones we think were responsible for the bullying

Saddest thing to me is that Kyo (who is leaving), Scarle and Kotoka were the only ones who didn't at least RT the infamous video.

Remember, Niji has admitted to having power over it's liver's Twitter accounts

joined Apr 10, 2021

Remember, Niji has admitted to having power over it's liver's Twitter accounts

Yes, many people kept repeating this until they did that video. If being quiet wasn't an option, then just RT silently, like some did, instead of the "please look at this carefully" comments, which got them all eviscerated in the replies. Why would they not have done the same for every liver of theirs, if they wrote it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nijisanji/comments/1aq2v8t/thought_experiment_lets_for_a_moment_assume/

Here's a decent summary..

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

So it looks like the Dokibird/Nijisanji Drama may have reached a tense settlement.

The official story seems to be that there was a legal miscommunication, possibly caused by poor translation, that confused Niji into thinking that Dokibirds legal documentation was actually a prepared public statement.
This resulted in Niji falsely assuming that Doki was preparing to go scorched earth and doxx everyone who harrassed her and expose internal Nijisanji management issues

This would explain some of the odd choices made in the blackscreen Video with Elira, Vox,and Ike and why they would specifically mention doxxing, harrassment, and the importance of proper procedure

Legal experts commenting on the situation have said that the final Statement by Doki was likely prepared jointly by Doki and Nijisanji to quiet things down after the misunderstanding was resolved, which is why it was made in both English and Japanese.

Most likely, Nijisanji will now go full silence on the issue, counting on the internet's short attention span to slowly smooth things over, meanwhile Doki will continue to negotiate exclusively with Nijisanji legal, making no further unprompted statements about it

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

There's no official story. What you're talking about is comms theory, which is speculation, albeit very reasonable speculation

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

There's no official story. What you're talking about is comms theory, which is speculation, albeit very reasonable speculation

Maybe but it is likely the last word we will hear on the matter and does line up very will with the final statement by Doki, especially the part where she specifically mentions how difficult it is to communicate legal matters between different countries.

Unless, of course, Niji is going to suddenly decide to make actual reforms or to pointlessly lash out again

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I'll be pretty surprised if we don't keep getting terminations and graduations throughout the year. We might (might) not learn more about this specific incident, but I fully expect to keep hearing about Niji fuckups

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Well, Mika mentioned that Niji has a waiting list for graduations so they don't get announced all at once IIRC, and she had to wait a while for her turn. There are definitely a few more scheduled but unnanounced if that's the case

The question is, will they be able to get new recruits to refill the ranks? I get the feeling that people may not think highly of anyone who willingly joins at this point.

Downsizing might fix the poor manager/talent ratio, though, so maybe they're going to wait before hiring again

last edited at Feb 19, 2024 5:13AM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Yoooo, FuwaMoco just announced that they're moving to Japan! Happy for the guide guard doggos.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The question is, will they be able to get new recruits to refill the ranks? I get the feeling that people may not think highly of anyone who willingly joins at this point.

There's been a bunch of indies graduating lately, and one immediately ungraduating, so I'm thinking they've found their recruits. I'm just worried about how people will treat them

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

They will probably have their fans but I doubt the Niji name is going to be commanding the strong initial subscriber counts it used to. They were already starting to flag before all this latest drama started going down

In other news, several ex-niji talents including Matara, Kuro, and U-San took Mika on a lovely post-niji recovery cruise. Even Pomu got in on the action at one point. Nice to see there was some love in that company that survived all the pain

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

More good news! TSB is (kinda) back in business! LOL what an unhinged collab https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70huObYSpJg

Bae birthday live is tonight! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQSikoeVXoE

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

TSB has ben pretty awesome all throughout the Niji Drama. Altair/Han did collabs with Sayu back when she got kicked out, RPR was posting #whereisselen videos, and Axel was one of the first VTubers to post support when Selen was terminated

It was amazing to see them all back together, clowning on each other once again

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

How would you feel it this happened to you? https://youtu.be/0OHjWCdqMBQ not knowing you were so close to your oshi?

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

How would you feel it this happened to you? https://youtu.be/0OHjWCdqMBQ not knowing you were so close to your oshi?

I would divide myself twice and use three of the resulting clones to make a watering can and two pots for the priestess as penance for my oversight. But in all seriousness, I think Ina IRL would be so quiet, I wouldn't have any way of knowing it was her. Missed opportunities can be fun stories, too, though.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I would divide myself twice and use three of the resulting clones to make a watering can and two pots for the priestess as penance for my oversight. But in all seriousness, I think Ina IRL would be so quiet, I wouldn't have any way of knowing it was her. Missed opportunities can be fun stories, too, though.

I can't find the clip but I remember her telling a story about how she talked to her manager about wanting to sneak into a convention, saying that her voice wouldn't be THAT recognizable. Her manager then replied "It is, Ina. It is."

Beso%20tini%20emilia%20clipboard011
joined Aug 25, 2023

I dunno about that... but Gengar's reaction is exactly my normal reaction when some rando try to start a convo with me on the street.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Sad and good news, Shishio Chris is leaving but not immediately https://www.youtube.com/@ChrisShishio
This group used to be three but now only Rene will be left... But the good news is, Rene is staying and also she has a brand new model, and is quiiiiiiite the change ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bckL2aO8bfY
Also she has a collab with Ao from hololive tomorrow! pair of lady killers, prepare your hearts they might be stolen!

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Oh man, Rene and Ao together? Deep-voiced lady overload! That's gonna be pure ear candy.

joined Apr 10, 2021

A vTuber who had 55k subs yesterday and 76k subs now, who last streamed 2021 and certainly hasn't been streaming or doing anything else in any shape or form in the meantime, returns to her own channel in a few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0zoNvjeAF8

Perhaps you might want to looksee.

last edited at Apr 2, 2024 12:31PM

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

A vTuber who had 55k subs yesterday and 76k subs now, who last streamed 2021 and certainly hasn't been streaming or doing anything else in any shape or form in the meantime, returns to her own channel in a few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0zoNvjeAF8

Perhaps you might want to looksee.

Up to 100K subs and earned her silver play button before her return stream even started xD

She definitely deserves it by now

last edited at Apr 4, 2024 6:44AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.