Forum › Which pairing has the most doujins about them

Nlkrxxa
joined May 21, 2020

Just curious about which pair of lesbians people love the most

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Most likely Nanoha x Fate and Reimu x Marisa ... Or Remilia x Endless possibilities, Touhou might take the first, second and third spot
Personally I prefer Mio x Ritsu

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Not only does Serenata have good taste, but also good predictive abilities, too! Here's the top 10.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Maki x Nico!! OF COURSE HOW COULD I FORGET?! (maybe what's more surprising is that I forgot Homura x Madoka) that's legendary, enough that they actually teased it canon in the movie.

I didn't mention Konata x Kagami, I thought that, even being one of my favorites it wouldn't make it to the top 10... I'm so glad to be wrong

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

It is interesting to look at this through the perspective of passing time, though. NanoFate is the perfect example, it has so many doujins because it was insanely popular and also because it has been accumulating doujins for 12 years on this site. But if you look at it from purely present point, its time has passed. In 2019 there were only four NanoFate doujins uploaded here, and in 2020 so far not a single one.

last edited at Nov 11, 2020 6:59PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Hatoba Tsugu x Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos 100%

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

OrangePekoe posted:

Not only does Serenata have good taste, but also good predictive abilities, too! Here's the top 10.

It's sad that Miku x Luka didn't even make it into the top 10. Though Nanoha x Fate taking the top spot makes up for that some at least.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Alice X Marisa having more doujins than ReiMari will never cease to amaze me. On the one hand, you have the OG Touhou ship that's been around since the 90s, and on the other you have a small-but-popular pairing that's based on shared traits in character design and some minor interactions back in PC-98. Then Imperishable Night rolls around and gives us some excellent MariAli food, just as Touhou's popularity is exploding and Internet forums are growing increasingly popular for the distribution of memes and fanart. Many doujins are written, much shipping is conducted, and the fandom revels in the wonders of snarky greenhorn witch x kuudere professional magician. The heat dies down a bit, as is wont to happen with every flash-in-a-bottle ship, and then we get Subterranean Animism, another extremely popular Touhou entry that rekindles MariAli right up, especially with that legendary sleepover ending.

Once was a miracle, twice is a pattern, and reading patterns is the one thing Touhou fans excel at. MariAli becomes even bigger, even as IOSYS releases their iconic, memetic song, cementing Alice's fandom portrayal as a Marisa-obsessed nerd, while Marisa is typecast as the cheerful harem lead. As is the case with many, many, Touhou characters, memes overcome reality, and the MariAli train moves at light speeds, fed by some minor interactions in Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. At this point, ReiMari are ahead on Pixiv, particularly as more recent manga have shown us just how much time our two leads spend together and how affectionate they are, but MariAli is still a towering juggernaut that dominates the history of Touhou shipping. And with Cheating Detective Satori finally bringing Alice back into the fray and involving Marisa in her story, who's to say that MariAli won't experience a third grand resurgence? Only time will tell, but you bet I'm excited to find out.

This ship is like the Leicester City of Touhou pairings, and I feel like someone ought to make a YouTube video essay about just how meteoric its rise was. Personally, I prefer ReiAli, both because it's interesting and because the idea of the last link in the triangle being as popular as the other two is immensely compelling. But though I'd argue that it's a bit too late in Touhou's lifetime as a series to have another grand, scene-defining ship, ZUN has surprised us before, and who knows what the future might hold?

Nlkrxxa
joined May 21, 2020

Am I the only one here who is happy that madoka x homura made the #2 spot on that list

being a fan of a ship that is almost a decade old is sad

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

(Vocabular note: gruntled is the opposite of disgruntled)

I'm gruntled to see my OTP in #4

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Going down the list further, it starts to become apparent that history and longevity play a pretty big role, but there are pretty significant skew factors involved, like Pixiv/Twitter manga and translator bias. Something like Christa x Ymir is pretty limited in both history and longevity, but has likely several dozen web doujinshi that boost its placement on the list. Meanwhile, the portion of Nico x Nozomi releases seems to be a clear bias on the part of someone along the scanlation line, as its mere existence was once an afterthought.

Excluding the tags used for manga like Virgins' Empire for obvious reasons, here's a much longer list originally meant to be anything with 30+ releases, but I couldn't do that to Alice Chesire:

1. Nanoha x Fate 310
  2. Homura x Madoka 241
  3. Maki x Nico 238
  4. Kyouko x Sayaka 178
  5. Alice x Marisa 157
  6. Marisa x Reimu 147
  7. Eli x Nozomi 117
  8. Christa x Ymir 93
  9. Meiling x Sakuya 93
  10. Konata x Kagami 87
  11. Kaguya x Mokou 70
  12. Sakuya x Remilia 70
  13. Keine x Mokou 63
  14. Akagi x Kaga 62
  15. Ruby x Weiss 59
  16. Yuyuko x Youmu 59
  17. Mio x Ritsu 57
  18. Reimu x Yukari 57
  19. Shizuru x Natsuki 51
  20. Blake x Yang 51
  21. Nico x Nozomi 49
  22. Hanamaru x Yoshiko 48
  23. Kotori x Umi 47
  24. Tomoko x Yuri 47
  25. Himawari x Sakurako 46
  26. Eli x Umi 44
  27. Chika x Riko 41
  28. Asuka x Tomoko 38
  29. Renko x Maribel 38
  30. Azusa x Yui 37
  31. Claudine x Maya 36
  32. Hanayo x Rin 33
  33. Luka x Miku 29

I wanted to include links and some statistics, but I got tired. Here's the raw data with nicer formatting including the exact date and time the tag was first used, in UTC-5:

Clickable links since Dynasty can't display them too well:

1-15, 16-25, 26-41

last edited at Nov 12, 2020 5:32PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Mio x Ritsu is STRONG!!!
I'm hurt about not finding YouChika in the top...

SPEAKING OF SHIPS, do you all remember which one was your first ship? (full yuri works like Strawberry Panic! don't count!) mine was without a doubt KagamixKonata

last edited at Nov 14, 2020 12:49AM

Oh man, Maki x Nico... that takes me back to my early days on this website. Ooshima Tomo's doujinshis were my goddamn life juice. I'm not even kidding.

SPEAKING OF SHIPS, do you all remember which one was your first ship? (full yuri works like Strawberry Panic! don't count!) mine was without a doubt KagamixKonata

I'm not sure, but I think it was Yui x Azusa for me.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I think the first F/F ship that I was actually into - or even aware of - was Marceline x Princess Bubblegum, which I think was back before I found Dynasty Scans. I'm a bit sad it didn't make the list lol

Ah it's nice to see Eli x Umi in the top 30 at least, not bad.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I really wish my first ship was some obscure rare pairing... or even a crackship... but instead it was NanoFate...

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Kirika x Mireille. I'm sad that I didn't have the foresight to start cataloguing all the old GeoCities fansites before most of them closed...

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

^
I can't remember if mine was Subaru x Tsukasa or Kirika x Mireille, both still favorites

To reply you must either login or sign up.