Forum › Why I Don't Eat "Human" discussion

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

Youkai are pure, humans lose their pureness with time

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

sees title
checks author
What's this? A touhou doujin about eating humans that's not by Zounose?

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Well, it's about NOT eating humans technically.

joined Jun 5, 2018

How did he come up with this while playing an eroge of all things... great story though.

joined Feb 28, 2020

I don't know which is more unsettling; whitewashing or exaggerating the fact that youkai eat humans?
We see the former here. If anyone wants to read the latter...well, a certain artist's name has already been dropped by an above comment.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

I don't know which is more unsettling; whitewashing or exaggerating the fact that youkai eat humans?

Whitewashing??

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Well that was a neat RumiaEX fanfic

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

I came up with this while playing an Eroge... Right...

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Whitewashing??

I think they mean ignoring canon since there isn't much in the way of replacing other cultures or peoples with white people in this story.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Whitewashing??

I think they mean ignoring canon since there isn't much in the way of replacing other cultures or peoples with white people in this story.

I think he means macking light of

Whitewashing is not a term about race, you can whitewash black money after all

So in fairly cartain that he is just Disturbed by how casually they talk about eating people

joined Feb 28, 2020

Whitewashing??

I think he means macking light of

Whitewashing is not a term about race, you can whitewash black money after all

So in fairly cartain that he is just Disturbed by how casually they talk about eating people

Just for clarification, what I meant by whitewashing was not related to race, more towards the definition of "...a deliberate attempt to conceal unpleasant or incriminating facts about a person..."

Now, I wouldn't go as far as to say that the author "conceals" facts because that sounds unnecessarily aggressive towards the author who did nothing wrong.

But canonically, Rumia eats people.
Denying that important part of her nature makes me wonder if this portrayed character is really Rumia.
Glossing over the human-eating aspect or talking about it casually is fine. It provides insight into the character.
But making as if it never happened is another thing. To say that Rumia never ate anyone ever since becoming the Youkai of Darkness...that goes against canon, isn't it?

If the story was about her trying to abstain I wouldn't say anything due to my somewhat hypocritical belief that adding onto the canon and developing it is fine but taking away from it doesn't work very well.

Again, no offense intended to anyone. I'm just clarifying what I meant.

last edited at Aug 3, 2020 5:58PM

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Interesting take on Rumia's backstory. Clashes a bit with Reimu's way of killing anything that becomes a youkai as well, since village humans aren't allowed to.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Interesting take on Rumia, I kinda like it.

joined Oct 29, 2019

Like mentioned before, it's pretty derivative with canon since eating people is one of Rumia's main trait, but the manga is pretty good. The opening banter is nice, backstory's cool, and the art is pleasing for the eye, Overall 9/10 from me.

Interesting take on Rumia's backstory. Clashes a bit with Reimu's way of killing anything that becomes a youkai as well, since village humans aren't allowed to.

Maybe previous Hakurei is a bit more loose? Reimu seems to take the rule pretty seriously despite her being who she is, but other Hakurei might not. They don't exactly have anyone to answer to after all.

last edited at Sep 19, 2020 1:34PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

pretty derivative with canon

'deviating from' is more like it.

Nekona Shirofumi
joined Mar 30, 2021

gasp she rejected her humanity! dio would be proud

To reply you must either login or sign up.