Forum › SSSS.Gridman Heroine Archive discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Thank you very much!!!! Loved this pair so much... A story of love with monster and mechas in between :)))) xD

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

There's so much subtext here...

Any actual Yuri in the show?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

those official anthologies add more to the proof of this ship being canon.

^there sure is. you can even detect it without your yuri goggles. however, I don't think a normie would be able to notice it.

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 1:07PM

Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Akane's baby Trump hands are killing me over here.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Yey finally i really want alot more though

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 1:47PM

joined Feb 21, 2017

The whole story more or less revolves around Akane and Rikka's relationship, and the reason Akane gets saved in the end is because of how Rikka feelings about her. Rikka's one wish is that she can be with Akane forever.

Though, Akane leaves because she has to learn to face the real world on her own and get over her crippling depression. But, if you listen to the voice dramas which aired along side the anime, Akane actually comes back to be with Rikka.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Gearz posted:

The whole story more or less revolves around Akane and Rikka's relationship, and the reason Akane gets saved in the end is because of how Rikka feelings about her. Rikka's one wish is that she can be with Akane forever.

Though, Akane leaves because she has to learn to face the real world on her own and get over her crippling depression. But, if you listen to the voice dramas which aired along side the anime, Akane actually comes back to be with Rikka.

Best spoiler I've read

18e
joined Aug 16, 2017

can someone explain to me, is this really official ? or just a side story of each artist for each chapter?
I see it's drawn by another artist for each chapter

and ofc i do like this pair a lot hahaha I really like this two awww

160371167@2x
joined Mar 10, 2019

can someone explain to me, is this really official ?

It's official as in it was published commercially under the SSSS.Gridman IP. It's not canon as in it's actually a part of the main story line. The Heroine Archive is a book with story recaps, staff interviews and guest artists to draw comics/illustrations.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

So is content considered fine withing the boundaries of the series :P in other words, they know what we like and they love it too

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Okay. That's it. Guess I'm just gonna watch the anime then.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ahhh i love story number 2

Artoria
joined Sep 12, 2018

Ch. 1: God, please no littering in your own world.
Ch. 2: Rikka, your God is a pervert.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

wait she comes back?? then what does that mean for the resolution of the story in the anime? is it ok for her to leave the real world again?

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 11:20PM

joined Feb 21, 2017

wait she comes back?? then what does that mean for the resolution of the story in the anime? is it ok for her to leave the real world again?

So, just a little background info. Both the OP and the ED were written by the director and are key plot elements.
If you've ever listed to the full ED song lyrics it's actually a full time line of the series. What happens before the anime started, what happens during it, and what happens after. Someone explained in full here, https://i.imgur.com/7Ifx5mB.png
You'll notice that when Akane and Rikka are together in the time line the song lyrics say "connected" and that happens at the end of the song.
You'll also notice that the song mentions Rikka breathing. The last few lines of the final voice drama is Akane talking about her's and Rikka's breath. You can download the voice drama here https://nyaa.si/view/1131239

In the last episode of the anime Rikka wishes to be with Akane forever, and that her wish will never come true. Because she wants Akane to leave so she can learn to love herself and face society in a healthy way. But, this doesn't mean they can never see each other again, just that Akane has to grow up first. Which the song lyrics suggests that she does. As well as the OP song's live action music video, which is real life Akane, and we see her start making friends.

It's actually kind of crazy how much attention to the little details went into Gridman. Over a year before the anime aired the director wrote a yuri web novel. It stars Akane's two classmate friends. Ramo and Ako. And they show up in Gridman's anime as well. The novel mentions an out or services water fountain and that shows up in the Gridman anime as well.

joined Oct 3, 2019

Glad these two are still getting some love. This show doesn't seem all the popular in the west, but it's still crazy popular in Japan and China.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

So, just a little background info. Both the OP and the ED were written by the director and are key plot elements.
If you've ever listed to the full ED song lyrics it's actually a full time line of the series. What happens before the anime started, what happens during it, and what happens after. Someone explained in full here, https://i.imgur.com/7Ifx5mB.png
You'll notice that when Akane and Rikka are together in the time line the song lyrics say "connected" and that happens at the end of the song.
You'll also notice that the song mentions Rikka breathing. The last few lines of the final voice drama is Akane talking about her's and Rikka's breath. You can download the voice drama here https://nyaa.si/view/1131239

In the last episode of the anime Rikka wishes to be with Akane forever, and that her wish will never come true. Because she wants Akane to leave so she can learn to love herself and face society in a healthy way. But, this doesn't mean they can never see each other again, just that Akane has to grow up first. Which the song lyrics suggests that she does. As well as the OP song's live action music video, which is real life Akane, and we see her start making friends.

It's actually kind of crazy how much attention to the little details went into Gridman. Over a year before the anime aired the director wrote a yuri web novel. It stars Akane's two classmate friends. Ramo and Ako. And they show up in Gridman's anime as well. The novel mentions an out or services water fountain and that shows up in the Gridman anime as well.

Thanks for all the info! truth be told, despite absolutely loving the anime I hadn't go back to check on additional material, or even noticed the lyrics of the ending song

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Over a year before the anime aired the director wrote a yuri web novel. It stars Akane's two classmate friends. Ramo and Ako. And they show up in Gridman's anime as well. The novel mentions an out or services water fountain and that shows up in the Gridman anime as well.

Mind if I ask what title that web novel is?

joined Feb 21, 2017

You can read it here.
http://ncode.syosetu.com/n9623dz/
If you can't read Japanese, I don't think there's a translation but someone did chapter summaries.
https://pastebin.com/raw/gbrFh6Pk

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

You can read it here.
http://ncode.syosetu.com/n9623dz/
If you can't read Japanese, I don't think there's a translation but someone did chapter summaries.
https://pastebin.com/raw/gbrFh6Pk

Thanks//

Giga_animehq_9
joined Feb 9, 2018

Gearz posted:

Best spoiler I've read

Is that even true? I thought it was just a male protagonist and full of mecha action. Not with Rikka and Akane. I mean, I still don't see any evidence of how those two are paired up this way.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Gearz posted:

Best spoiler I've read

Is that even true? I thought it was just a male protagonist and full of mecha action. Not with Rikka and Akane. I mean, I still don't see any evidence of how those two are paired up this way.

How much have you seen of it? Red hair kid (Yuta was it) is there for Gridman to be able to fight, but really the main drive of the plot is Akane and Rikka, the two guys to play a small part on Akane's development, but the focus is on her's and Rikka's relationship. if you haven't seen anything yet just watch the ending song Youthful Beautiful to get you an idea.

To reply you must either login or sign up.