Forum › Posts by Gearz

joined Feb 21, 2017

Mind if I ask what title that web novel is?

You can read it here.
http://ncode.syosetu.com/n9623dz/
If you can't read Japanese, I don't think there's a translation but someone did chapter summaries.
https://pastebin.com/raw/gbrFh6Pk

joined Feb 21, 2017

wait she comes back?? then what does that mean for the resolution of the story in the anime? is it ok for her to leave the real world again?

So, just a little background info. Both the OP and the ED were written by the director and are key plot elements.
If you've ever listed to the full ED song lyrics it's actually a full time line of the series. What happens before the anime started, what happens during it, and what happens after. Someone explained in full here, https://i.imgur.com/7Ifx5mB.png
You'll notice that when Akane and Rikka are together in the time line the song lyrics say "connected" and that happens at the end of the song.
You'll also notice that the song mentions Rikka breathing. The last few lines of the final voice drama is Akane talking about her's and Rikka's breath. You can download the voice drama here https://nyaa.si/view/1131239

In the last episode of the anime Rikka wishes to be with Akane forever, and that her wish will never come true. Because she wants Akane to leave so she can learn to love herself and face society in a healthy way. But, this doesn't mean they can never see each other again, just that Akane has to grow up first. Which the song lyrics suggests that she does. As well as the OP song's live action music video, which is real life Akane, and we see her start making friends.

It's actually kind of crazy how much attention to the little details went into Gridman. Over a year before the anime aired the director wrote a yuri web novel. It stars Akane's two classmate friends. Ramo and Ako. And they show up in Gridman's anime as well. The novel mentions an out or services water fountain and that shows up in the Gridman anime as well.

joined Feb 21, 2017

Any actual Yuri in the show?

The whole story more or less revolves around Akane and Rikka's relationship, and the reason Akane gets saved in the end is because of how Rikka feelings about her. Rikka's one wish is that she can be with Akane forever.

Though, Akane leaves because she has to learn to face the real world on her own and get over her crippling depression. But, if you listen to the voice dramas which aired along side the anime, Akane actually comes back to be with Rikka.

joined Feb 21, 2017

Very cute.
And yeah, Akane and Rikka's voice actors are great.
Ironically enough, Akane's VA plays a canon lesbian in another series.

last edited at May 28, 2019 3:35AM

joined Feb 21, 2017

DC3, there is no het in the anthology. All the other chapters are SoL comedy stuff that focuses on Akane interacting with other characters, like Alexis and Anti.
Well, there is one 3 page chapter where Akane falls asleep in class and has a dream where Hibiki sexually assaults her. But I hardly think that counts as her being romantically attached to him.

Gearz
xxx discussion 05 Sep 17:39
joined Feb 21, 2017

The artist did talk to them directly, they tweeted at Dynasty's twitter account.

Gearz
Image Comments 30 Jul 06:59
joined Feb 21, 2017
Tumblr_ot2ottrq9n1wppacyo1_r1_1280

This is hardly yuri. Save for the HomuMado part.
Should take away the yuri tag or all the other pair tags.

Gearz
Image Comments 25 Jul 21:18
joined Feb 21, 2017
Cspp0xxueaaqpda-orig

He just called them dummies.

joined Feb 21, 2017

Pretty high quality editing and scans on this.
Weird to see pages in pink like that, though.
Assume they were in the original as well.

Gearz
joined Feb 21, 2017

Do you think this will work for you? https://pastebin.com/9tfPZjrE
I knew someone wanted a dark theme. I couldn't find the post for a bit. Anyway it should work on most of the site. I haven't tested it completely, but it should work on most of the site.

Good stuff, it looks nice. Thank you. Works fine as far as I can tell.
I appreciate it.

joined Feb 21, 2017

I asked this artist a while back over pixiv what kind of doujin this would be, if it would be Satania x Raphi, or something else. And they replied, it's not a coupling doujin, and that it's just about Raphi being sexually appealing. So that one tag is kind of misleading. It's not really Gab x Raphi, because that's only some kind of magic drug induced state of mind.

joined Feb 21, 2017

^^Can you guys please stop? It doesn't matter what the title says or who can read it.

I'm not the one who started it. I'm also not the one who keeps bringing it up.

joined Feb 21, 2017

Do you not know

Bruh, do you even anything about Japanese grammatical rules and sentence syntax order?
You do realize Japanese word order is not translated 1 to 1, correct?

last edited at May 18, 2017 12:40PM

joined Feb 21, 2017

It wasn't a simple question, he was trying to fault other people. You clearly know nothing of how he acts on 4chan.
And it's not "calling names", it's stating facts. An apple is an apple. Simple as that. It's not like he isn't obnoxious, so why shouldn't I say it. You defending him will only make him act worse because he'll feel validated.

And of course, he is incompetence, and he is going around trying to act like a know it all correct other people when his knowledge of Japanese goes as far as Google translate.

Ideally: I wish you would just delete all of my posts and Goggled Anon's post from this thread. You don't know what he's really like when he posts on 4chan, and that's how you can tell what his intentions are here.

last edited at May 17, 2017 10:54AM

joined Feb 21, 2017

I didn't start it. And as a matter of fact, Goggled Anon is an extremely rude and spiteful person.
I'm not being nasty, I'm just not treating him nicely, because he's not a good person. Sorry for being honest.

joined Feb 21, 2017

The Japanese title is still in the same order. And I don't really see why a badly attempted Engrish title on page 5 has more priority over the one of the front cover.
And try not to make it completely obvious who you are

Make it obvious who I am? There's only one person who sees you as a total moron? Obnoxious name fags from 4chan are never liked, why do you think you're special? It's sad how you've actually deluded yourself into believing this.

Would you like me to go into the comment section of all the things you've "translated" and start pointing out the dozens and dozens of translations errors?
Edit: Dozens PER "translation" I might add.

last edited at May 17, 2017 10:03AM

joined Feb 21, 2017

It literally says it that way on the front cover.

Question, did you look past the front cover? Maybe to page five?
Either way, you don't even know Japanese. You just use Kanji Tomo OCR to grab text then throw it in Google to try and guess what's said. It's why you can never "translate" things that are hand written.

joined Feb 21, 2017

Shouldn't that be My Yesterday and Your Tomorrow, not the other way around?

Nope. Try not using Google to translate things.
It's also a reference to the order of events on page 38.

joined Feb 21, 2017

Somehow this never gets old, no matter how many times and how many authors walk these familiar story paths. Nanofate will live on.

Relatively new doujin. I love that Nanofate is not yet lost amids the sea of characters that Vivid generated.

Would you mind telling me where your avatar is from, please.

To answer for them (hope that is fine), it is from the collection Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, specifically the chapter Little Red Riding Hood Strikes Back Part C.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Gearz
joined Feb 21, 2017

When you edit something in the inspect element tool it's not always perfectly analogous to an actual stylesheet

I see. Yeah, I really have no idea how that kind of stuff. I'll try to make my own Stylish page for it, but I doubt it'll turn out well.

Thanks for the advice, though.

Gearz
joined Feb 21, 2017

It's something I can consider but it'd be a fair amount of work. Unfortunately adding a dark theme actually means adding an entire extra stylesheet to the script so it'd be fairly low priority.

Is it really that much work? I am by no means at all a programmer or skilled at this subject.

I made this in a few minutes of messing around with inspect element in the browser.

Problem being, I don't know how to commit this into a Stylish profile so it doesn't go away when I refresh the page.

Gearz
joined Feb 21, 2017

Any chance you could add a change color option to this? Having a dark theme for dynasty would be nice. It would reduce screen glare making it easier on people's eyes.

joined Feb 21, 2017

Relatively new doujin. I love that Nanofate is not yet lost amids the sea of characters that Vivid generated.

Would you mind telling me where your avatar is from, please.

I have read this before ô_ó but i still love it

Where?

joined Feb 21, 2017

@lucario14

I mean will Dia continue this relationship after a year or not

That was literally directly addressed with in the doujin itself.

Gearz
joined Feb 21, 2017

@KcaT
I mean, you can just look at Dynasty and see they are all tagged as being from different artists.

But sadly, as far as this pair goes. It's done and gone. Unless new doujin get made, which is unlikely because the Sun/Moon scene is totally dead right now, then there's not going to be anything else. As everything that's out has been translated already.