Forum › Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story discussion

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Unfortunately for him Yachiyo is more into getting a harem of cute girls. The Wings of Magius (and the Magius themselves) have yet to show up though...

Yeah, given their role and that this seems to be pre-chapter 6, I wonder if any of them will show up. Maybe the twins will in part 2?

In Sana's last node, Shizuku and Ayaka are really cute.

Completely event unrelated, chapter 9 stuff. Reminded about this when the ??? Witch's familiars showed up during the event. I was looking through all of the familiar memoria some time ago and thought it was weird one of the witches could be unknown. But with the reveal that they're Eve's familiars, I'm impressed they had the foresight to leave hints of Eve's existence.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Event, somewhere in the middle of day 3: "C-could this be...?! That urban legend I heard about. A pickup line from a woman?!" Oh no.

Oh yeah, that scene, my reaction was just "Barking at the wrong tree, mate... also her wife is just around the corner, I'd be careful if I were you...".

Yeah, given their role and that this seems to be pre-chapter 6, I wonder if any of them will show up. Maybe the twins will in part 2?

I am not sure if they appear in this event, but the third Summer event is entirely revolving around the Magius characters(specifically, Alina, Mifuyu, Touka, Nemu and the twins, with the twins getting a dual Summer unit), so we are guaranteed to get Summer shaninegans with them later on.

last edited at Jun 4, 2020 8:32PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I am not sure if they appear in this event, but the third Summer event is entirely revolving around the Magius characters(specifically, Alina, Mifuyu, Touka, Nemu and the twins, with the twins getting a dual Summer unit), so we are guaranteed to get Summer shaninegans with them later on.

It'd make sense if they don't appear in this event then. It seems like there's no overlap of characters in the summer events. Like Rika, Ren, etc haven't showed up in this current one.

On the topic of wives and harems, I can't believe Sana's 5* connect gives Iroha an exclusive def boost. Poor Sana. Iroha's connect doesn't give her anything special.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Well I just got my Sana up to 5* level 100. Now I need to work on her episode levels since she's still only level 3 and magia level 3. :(

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Sakura Cartelet posted:

Well I just got my Sana up to 5* level 100. Now I need to work on her episode levels since she's still only level 3 and magia level 3. :(

has fully maxed Sana

To be fair, I had her waiting for her uncap since long ago.

last edited at Jun 5, 2020 11:30AM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I'm more waiting on Kako and Iroha's uncap myself. For Iroha I've got her at magia level 5 and 4*, while Kako I only have at magia level 2 or 3 though I'm working on getting her to level 5.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Sakura Cartelet posted:

has fully maxed Sana

To be fair, I had her waiting for her uncap since long ago.

looks at 2 star lvl 9 Sana I was ready for her uncap too. XD Although actually it's cause I chose to focus on Kaede and then other elements.

Never thought I would do this: I'm going to spend virtual currency on cosmetics, specifically Yachiyo and Tsuruno's swimsuit outfits instead of something useful gameplay-wise like rainbow orbs. What a degenerate I've become.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

I always enjoy those Doppel missions, I always get to just swoop in and pocket all the rewards as soon as they come up...

has fully maxed Sana

Eeyup... I also have Iroha ready to go as soon as Last Magia drops...

I actually have quite a few girls ready to go ahead of time besides the main team, Kako, Meiyui and Tsukasa are ready, I am working on Emiri right now.

last edited at Jun 5, 2020 12:54PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Veya posted:

I always enjoy those Doppel missions, I always get to just swoop in and pocket all the rewards as soon as they come up...

Same

Eeyup... I also have Iroha ready to go as soon as Last Magia drops...

Same x 2

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Well I just finished clearing all of the mats, CC, and event memoria from the shop. Am now working on the books followed by the orbs, then maybe the magia chips.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Building up event currency is slow once support memoria boosts are used up. I've been mindlessly repeating the 10ap "easy" quests because the amount of inherent drops seems to be the same as the 20ap ones. Are there any other ways to farm? I already have the max +8 boost from shop event memoria and I'm not going to try for the gacha one.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Keep in mind unlike the 20ap drop ones the 10ap one has a chance to not drop any event currency whatsoever. If you don't get at least one event currency then the boosts from the CEs don't have any effect. Also the 20ap ones can directly drop some mats (at a low rate) like the Babysitter's Handle from the 20ap Iroha one.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Actually only quests below 10 ap aren't guarantee to drop any event currency, so farming 10 ap is fine.

last edited at Jun 6, 2020 4:21PM

20 AP = 2 x 10

21 AP = 3 x 7 (with a small chance it not dropping anything, but the chance is pretty small)

With the bonus from the event shop memoria, it is far more efficient to grind the 7 AP levels

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Unless you're unlucky like me and often not drop it 4-5 times in a row. And honestly I spam 20 ap because at this point I have no patience to spend ap using 7 ap quests.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

The grind is definitely the worst part about these games. I wish 20ap at least gave double the amount of guaranteed drop to speed things up. I'm pretty sure in some other events more ap = more guaranteed drop? It's frustrating because for this event, the only reason to spam 20 instead of 10ap quests is to burn ap faster and occasionally get some materials. They seem to give out practically the same amount of event currency so not worth it at all in that regard.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Usually farming higher cost ones should give you more drops, from what I could see 20 ap still gives you slightly more on average. Maybe people who did 100s runs can definitely prove which one is better, but I'm a simple woman and just go with common sense. But either way, yea I agree the amount they drop is pitiable compare to other events and it's quite annoying how slow the grind is going. Not to mention that drop rates are quite low as well for those, so you can't even really farm mats with those quests.

last edited at Jun 6, 2020 5:47PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

20 does give slightly more, but from my estimate it's like a difference of 1-2 on average. So given the +8 max event memoria boost, and being able to run the 10ap twice as many times as the 20, not worth at all event currency wise. I might just take a break from the event's first part after I get all the magia chips since I still have unfinished story challenge quests.

Using more AP does give more event currency, but when using event memoria it is always far more efficient to farm lower AP levels

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

While 7AP is more efficient, I question how efficient you even need to be, I only used a 1-2 pots(and only cuz I was bored and I needed something to do with my hands while watching some stuff), and I am mostly done with the shop, I am only missing the BP pots, Master Gem+, and the Orbs, all of which are fairly useless to me.

7AP also has the disadvantage of replaying the story cutscene literally every time...

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

@riverFlower The really efficient way would be to have 4 MLB Gacha CEs since they give 3 normally and 7 when MLB'd so a total of +12 or +28 for whales. If you combine them with the free ones it'll give you a minimum of +20 or +36. So whales will just breeze through the event...

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

While true, you are overestimating how hard a whale is willing to go at a banner, both times I rolled for 4-slot girl, I got around 4-6 4* Memoria(though it was 6 of each 4* Memoria in Madokami's banner, because multiple 4* Memoria in rate up doesn't actually lower the individual 4* rate up chance, it lowers non-rate up chance instead), and I actually kept rolling after getting 4 slot on Homura to get the last copy of her flower field Memoria that I needed for MLB, simply put absolutely no one, no matter how whale, will keep rolling for 20 copies of a 4* Memoria, as they will stop when they get 4-slots, unless it is a particularly exceptional Memoria.

last edited at Jun 6, 2020 9:10PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I barely managed to LB 4 star memoria twice when rolling for Homura and I still got few non-banner spooks. I might not even get 1 LB if all 4 star megucas I dropped were Homura. So yea, nobody will ever actually LB 4 event memorias, even the biggest of whales.

last edited at Jun 6, 2020 9:18PM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Still even with only 1 or 2 of the CE's it's about +14 compared to the +8 (or +10 with a friend support) which makes the grinding go faster. Still somewhat of a disappointment there's no Kaleidoscope, Sumo, or similar CEs like in FGO in this game.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Finally finished clearing out all of the most expensive items. Now I can work on any materials I need.

Oh yeah I thought it was cool they gave out the two memoria for free in the support point shop. Those are two very cute memoria to hand out as freebies. Would be useful to people with no MLB too just for the stats.

To reply you must either login or sign up.