ForumNews Charity commissions for Alycans of Lilium

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hey guys, so Alejandra AKA Alycans, who is in charge of the Lilium Entertainment server on Discord, has an terrible medical situation currently and her friend Twea is doing Art commissions to help out with the medical bills. Everything about her situation including proof can be found here https://goget.fund/2zS24Tl

All the details of the commissions can be found here: https://tweacommission.carrd.co/

You can also help sharing on
Tumblr: https://tweaspecialcommissions.tumblr.com/post/182013439502/important-medical-help-commissions
or Twitter https://twitter.com/AlycansWasTaken/status/1084923842403930114

If you cannot donate or commission, please consider sharing!

joined Mar 15, 2015

I don’t want to be disrespectful but as a med student, there are some strange things in this that are bothering me with this.

last edited at Jan 27, 2019 10:32AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Breizh posted:

I don’t want to be disrespectful but as a med student, there are some strange things in this that are bothering me with this.

Like?

20180801_183554
joined Oct 7, 2017

I read this and decided to go snooping and I thought the medications were a little off but explainable considering the circumstances.

Honestly I can't find anything that actually makes me think this is fake in anyway.

Bf020ca0f35f16540090ec38a160712e
joined Mar 21, 2018

I read this and decided to go snooping and I thought the medications were a little off but explainable considering the circumstances.

Honestly I can't find anything that actually makes me think this is fake in anyway.

Not the first one to comment that so I don't find it offensive or disrespectful anymore. I often wonder if it's my doctor's approach to it or if it's my country and what we have available. I never know. I really never understand but then again after 10 years of going to all kinds of doctor I do know for a fact more often doctors including med students often really judge each other on their approach to an illness. Not necessarily a bad thing in all sense but as a patient it makes me scared and harder to trust in my doctors when I read such comments. Makes me develop this line of thinking where I know I need medical attention but don't know if I can trust doctors after all.

Another thing I forgot to say. I also know a lot of this stuff is strange, considering I don't like not knowing and study illnesses and medications so I also question a lot of things that have been happening in my life for so long. Everything I have been told I might be, have had, have, etc is confusing to me as well. No one ever gives me a good answer. Honestly speaking where can I go and how can I go there to get the best explanation possible? I would love for that answer, but I have given up on getting it. I can only do and get what is available for me.

last edited at Jan 28, 2019 10:18PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You're out of line here, Breizh. Not only is it rude to begin with, but as a med student it's questionably ethical for you to be publicly diagnosing someone and critiquing their meds over the internet. It really isn't your place to be doubting her word here, particularly given you're still just a student at this point.

To say nothing of the fact that none of that alters your interaction with the artist doing the commissions in any way.

Tumblr_nj0kgfmtjf1r8wxq1o1_540
joined Dec 28, 2016

Maybe it got something to do with the things you eat.

Bf020ca0f35f16540090ec38a160712e
joined Mar 21, 2018

Maybe it got something to do with the things you eat.

I actually have a very strict diet of no fats, acid, condiments or anything spicy. For 5 months or so and I still relapsed. I also don't drink or been ever into alcohol or smoke or drugs.

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

Why is the moderator being so rude, the guy was just hesitant.

11987161_1662992157250246_4752483831939925755_n
joined Jun 20, 2014

True

joined Feb 16, 2017

"an terrible" grammar

joined Dec 18, 2014

True

Yep, shouting someone down for stating their opinion is a bit overkill.

1542604545610[1]
joined Oct 8, 2018

True

I actually read Nezchan's comment first then read Breizh's comment. I'm surprised at the reaction.
Nezchan, your comment was very unnecessary and frankly rude/mean.

last edited at Feb 6, 2019 2:35PM

U436527_160x120
joined Dec 6, 2018

True

I actually read Nezchan's comment first then read Breizh's comment. I'm surprised at the reaction.

It came across as somewhat abrupt, yes, but I'm sure Nezchan is just worried.

Img_0277small
joined Jun 15, 2016

True

I wonder if there are different interpretations of what Breizh is saying? I first read it as them saying they thought the illness was made up/hypochondria/whatever, which would be out of line for a med student to say of someone they had not examined. But it sounds like other people got the impression that they were just concerned about the mix of medications which may not be helpful together or for that purpose, which is fair.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Embersember posted:

True

I wonder if there are different interpretations of what Breizh is saying? I first read it as them saying they thought the illness was made up/hypochondria/whatever, which would be out of line for a med student to say of someone they had not examined. But it sounds like other people got the impression that they were just concerned about the mix of medications which may not be helpful together or for that purpose, which is fair.

I understood "there are some strange things in this that are bothering me with this." as simply meaning, they think some meds etc. are weird/unnecessary, so I wanted them to elaborated on that.

416213._sx1280_ql80_ttd_(2)
joined May 3, 2017

Embersember posted:

True

I understood "there are some strange things in this that are bothering me with this." as simply meaning, they think some meds etc. are weird/unnecessary, so I wanted them to elaborated on that.

It's interesting because I read the comment as throwing doubt on the legitimacy of the fundraising campaign. Different people are going to interpret this very vague comment in different ways and I think it has a more negative impact on peoples' decisions than a positive one. Understandable that Nezchan would be so curt with Breizh.

Also, it's not great that it's the very first comment you read under the thread cause now we're talking about this instead of what's really important: getting some aid to this woman in need. I've never bought a commission before but now seems a good time to start.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

riyu posted:

It's interesting because I read the comment as throwing doubt on the legitimacy of the fundraising campaign.

Well I think that was their point, but they at least seemed to have a actual reason to doubt it, but since they didn't state it I wanted them to elaborate on it, so someone else (who is also knowledgeable) can comment on their observations. There was only one other person who decided to check meds etc. because of that person's comment and they saw nothing wrong, so at least to me, since it didn't open any big discussion about it, it seemed like there was no issue with it after all (or not enough doctors use dynasty forum and/or check news). Sure I still had to take that other person word for it, but they at least acknowledge, some decisions could look off, but are explainable under circumstances, so it sounded reasonable enough.

tl;dr: Since it didn't turn into one big discussion about meds, I assume most people either didn't find issue with it or didn't care enough, so campaign itself is safe.

To reply you must either login or sign up.