Forum › Posts by Alycans

Alycans
Bf020ca0f35f16540090ec38a160712e
joined Mar 21, 2018

No, thank you for speaking up. There really is a crisis going on because of misogyny and highlighting that doesn't negate the other forms of bigotry that also exist. One might also point out that a lot of intra-gender bullying also comes from misogyny, women not performing femininity the right way, men bullying men for being too feminine, etc.

Yes, I had that at the back of my mind while writing it but didn't want to overwhelm anyone with a huge speech or so, but I am glad someone else put it on the table too. Either way, I hope we all can enjoy the trend while educating ourselves a bit more.

Alycans
joined Mar 21, 2018

From what I hear, Korea is straight-up in a gender war?

You can learn more about it here https://x.com/vryjkof/status/1789382955560837538
I am sorry for bringing such sad reality as topic here, but the ignorance bothered me as I have close friends living with such realities from Asian countries.

I do love the trend and the artists participating!

Alycans
joined Mar 21, 2018

^ the trend is that korean women and japanese women should start dating each other bc of the misogyny of men in their culture. if you look up 日韓百合 on twitter you'll see a lot of this kind of fan art

LOL, as if dating women is different XD women have a way of bullying other women for being a women in a way that ain’t called misogyny, don’t have to time to write an essay here about the subject but it’s kinda ironic.

But more Yuri for me so i don’t care XD

I was going to stay quiet, but I cannot. I don't think you understand the level of danger Korean and Japanese women live under in their society (which I understand being in a misogynistic culture as well, but even then I think I have it a tad better than them). Even short haired women have been attacked in Korea because any sign of feminism will trigger a large movement of men. There is a female movement there the 4b movement for women that members join and participate in secret or with a lot of cautiousness, and there is a lot of danger for women in Japan, even if a bit less. Laws are not in their favor. Yes, women can be mean to each other just like men can be mean to each other, but we are not talking about the same kind of danger and gender inequality.

joined Mar 21, 2018

First with Hikari and then with Koharu-- Kuro can't catch a break.

joined Mar 21, 2018

Maybe it got something to do with the things you eat.

I actually have a very strict diet of no fats, acid, condiments or anything spicy. For 5 months or so and I still relapsed. I also don't drink or been ever into alcohol or smoke or drugs.

joined Mar 21, 2018

I don’t want to be disrespectful but as a med student, there are some strange things in this that are bothering me with this.

I read this and decided to go snooping and I thought the medications were a little off but explainable considering the circumstances.

Honestly I can't find anything that actually makes me think this is fake in anyway.

Not the first one to comment that so I don't find it offensive or disrespectful anymore. I often wonder if it's my doctor's approach to it or if it's my country and what we have available. I never know. I really never understand but then again after 10 years of going to all kinds of doctor I do know for a fact more often doctors including med students often really judge each other on their approach to an illness. Not necessarily a bad thing in all sense but as a patient it makes me scared and harder to trust in my doctors when I read such comments. Makes me develop this line of thinking where I know I need medical attention but don't know if I can trust doctors after all.

Another thing I forgot to say. I also know a lot of this stuff is strange, considering I don't like not knowing and study illnesses and medications so I also question a lot of things that have been happening in my life for so long. Everything I have been told I might be, have had, have, etc is confusing to me as well. No one ever gives me a good answer. Honestly speaking where can I go and how can I go there to get the best explanation possible? I would love for that answer, but I have given up on getting it. I can only do and get what is available for me.

last edited at Jan 28, 2019 10:18PM

joined Mar 21, 2018

ouob Thanks for the help on collecting data!

last edited at Mar 21, 2018 12:39PM