Forum › Reverse Ideology discussion

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

I feel like this is pretty deep or something. Still stuck on trying to get ten desire's story and characters, so really not familiar with these two. Although I have played Urban Legend in Limbo and Impossible Spellcard, so I at least am familiar with their names. xD Can someone clarrift what's going on here?

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Page orders as mixed, totally random

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Page orders as mixed, totally random

You totally didnt get it. First there is the story, and then there's the complete opposite story with the order of the dialogues and pages reversed.

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 9:11AM

_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

Can someone clarrift what's going on here?

This book takes place after Impossible Spell Card. Basically in Double Dealing Character the trickster Amanojaku Seija Kijan gifts an inchling from the underground Shinmyonmaru Sukuna a magic hammer called the Miracle Mallet. The Mallet was an Oni tool that famous inchling hero stole after slaying the Oni. Seija tells Shinmyonmaru a bunch of lies about how the inchlings were forced underground to get her to begin a revolution with her using the power of the Mallet.

The Mallets power runs wild over Gensokyo turning tools into Tsukomogami and driving Youkai to violence until it is stopped by the heroes. Shinmyonmaru repents, Seija does not, makes a copy of the Mallet and steals some of it's power starting Impossible Spell Card where she is hunted down as a fugitive but escapes.

This story takes place after that, Seija has given up and now lives with Shinmyonmaru but is struggling with her nature as an Amanojaku which pushes her towards evil acts. This is where the story gets a little strange, Seija's power is to reverse things and the story reverses halfway through. She is accused of being a killer in the first story and is sealed and falsely accused in the second and takes revenge on the killer.

The reversal part seems a bit confusing, Levander and I (DB Scans) came up with 3 theories as to what is going on.

1. These are just 2 separate stories.
  2. They take place one after another.
  3. Seija is guilty but unconsciously uses her power to reverse reality making herself good.
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

This doujin is so brilliant. I dunno how the literal events fit together, but that it works and tells two completely different, coherent stories, with each negative, tension-building feeling/emotion of each panel reversed from the first story, is really impressive! And that the translation retains all of it too! This was a fantastic release

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 10:28AM

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

That was amazing!

It's two separate stories based on the direction read and works in either direction!

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

So the man is the killer and Seija is the hero?

That's the Seija I love! Forever the bad guy. Shinmyoumaru is so endearing as always. This is the Touhou version of the delinquent x nice girl pairing, so it's always nice.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Now i feel dumb

joined Apr 30, 2014
  1. They take place one after another.
  2. Seija is guilty but unconsciously uses her power to reverse reality making herself good.

Personally I think it's the opposite (trying to turn something good she's done into something bad) - especially when you go a step further and think of the ORDER of the 2 stories XD

Also it's pretty obvious which one is the reversed story (considering while SOME parts of the story are easily reversible, other parts parts are definitely not)

trustworthy_dolphin.exe
September-13-2011-19-28-17-tumblrlqi9ekuvcl1qewacoo1500
joined Sep 4, 2017

The first half of this feels really unnatural. I was really confused reading it until I remembered what this doujin's gimmick was. I can't help but feel the second half is the actual story and the first is the reversal.

Clover0Project
Xxx
joined Nov 25, 2016

This was posted in 2017? Wow, I'm so late! I'm so sad to know that! I just found this on MangaDex, posted a week ago (and I haven't been visiting this web for some time because it was blocked here, too lazy to use VPN most of the times).
I really love this. It's the first time I see the concept of "fictogemino" used in a comic. It has its rough parts, but it works well mostly, I believe. It fits Seija.

joined Oct 29, 2019

This was neat

Maxresdefault-1
joined Mar 24, 2021

holy shit that's so clever
and it makes complete sense, fits Seija perfectly

A8579f88-3796-4c80-9233-af508afff917
joined Jul 27, 2019

Holy shit that was fucking rad.

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Well then this was one hell of a masterpiece considering just how innovative the author got with the story. It really sells the idea of how Seija can be seen in two different lights. The only difference between the 1st and 2nd story is the arrangements of the panels themselves being in the opposite direction. While it isn't perfect in that in some ways the 1st story can seem rather confusing when reading, with some of the panels seeming to be, for lack of a better word, forced into that sequence, it does indeed help to portray that the inverted side of the story. From Seija being a murderer to being a rumoured hero. It is a really impressive piece of work that should be explored more. You can read the summary by ADT555 above^^ for the story itself if you haven't already.

In a way this story kinda reminds me of one of those videos where the words are all in lines. When each line is said, from top to bottom, it is to represent the attitude and beliefs of a particular person. Now when that is finished the quote is then read in the opposite way, from bottom to top. From there it seems to show a different person saying the same lines but in the opposite sequence. Through this it can seem to portray a completely different kind of person as compared to the one earlier, despite lines never having been altered, only their sequence. In this way it shows a change in personality or attitude towards a certain subject matter.

I don't know name for these kinds of ideas, and if anyone does it would be grateful if you responded to this comment.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFz5jbUfJbk

All in all though this doujin is one heck of a treat to the eyes. It may seem confusing at first but once you are over that hurdle, it really is a masterpiece!

To reply you must either login or sign up.