Forum › Medusa discussion

Tumblr_n8hxly8osm1rw6hhbo1_500
joined Jun 26, 2017

Saw the old school tag and ah yes it turned out as depressing as expected.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Was going to read it......buuuuuuuut after reading the comments I will skip it :O

joined Aug 28, 2016

Was going to read it......buuuuuuuut after reading the comments I will skip it :O

I'd say it's worth reading. It's depressing, but it finds new and refreshing ways to be depressing compared to most old school yuri manga.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

I'd say it's worth reading. It's depressing, but it finds new and refreshing ways to be depressing compared to most old school yuri manga.

Still no.

Nozomi
joined May 11, 2017

Yuri, angst, drama, and depressing as fuck all in one place? Strap in boys this is gonna be a good one

Edit: jk it's just kinda weird

last edited at Sep 5, 2017 4:53PM

joined Aug 19, 2014

What if she's actually a real medusa? The event before she got into mental hospital was all in her head but in the end in the hospital, her hair actually turned to snek :thinking:

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

What if she's actually a real medusa? The event before she got into mental hospital was all in her head but in the end in the hospital, her hair actually turned to snek :thinking:

And then she turned into Godzilla and rampaged all through the town

joined Sep 12, 2014

I really hate it when assholes win.

me too, even she was right in the end but she's the only one that not turn to stone. She turned by her choice, she has no right to say.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

It was ok until I read this and understood "Medusa" was just mentally ill. :/

joined Feb 1, 2013

Just how did you understand a thing about mental illness? Am I too stupid to not see it after the read?

It's the only logical explanation for why Nicola did not actually turn to stone, and Medusa did not actually crack apart, and was committed to a hospital, as well as why Medusa briefly stopped seeing herself as a monster when she was happy.

Nicola needs to go sit under a tree.

I agree. Nicola even says at the end "some busybody from the hospital" came and got her.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

"news and refreshing ways to be depressing"

This is the best comment I've read on this site. Word.

joined Feb 1, 2013

Why is it that so much old school yuri has this miserable depressing atmosphere to it? I mean, isn't manga supposed to be a form of escapism, where we get to see impossible things?

...sigh. Why does tragedy keep getting spilled into my yuri?

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Why is it that so much old school yuri has this miserable depressing atmosphere to it? I mean, isn't manga supposed to be a form of escapism, where we get to see impossible things?

It might be that these stories attempt to capture the sadness and frustration of growing up as a gay person in the 1970s. Try having your conservative parents threaten to kill you over it, or your friends deserting you for fear they'll be labelled as gay. Heck that stuff still happens all the time so I don't know.

joined Feb 1, 2013

It might be that these stories attempt to capture the sadness and frustration of growing up as a gay person in the 1970s. Try having your conservative parents threaten to kill you over it, or your friends deserting you for fear they'll be labelled as gay. Heck that stuff still happens all the time so I don't know.

Yeah, I figured as much... It's just, there's something 'gritty' and 'dirty' about the 70s and 80s that really amps up the cynical and bitter atmosphere of the story.

74e8265c5f8df739e286deab7c984524
joined Jan 26, 2017

I almost started to read this one, because i just finished reading medusa's love story from lovestruck, and i loved the character.

But then i saw the aaaaaangst and depressing as..... tag, so i'll just leave this one out of my list '-'

I loved reading Medusa's story in Lovestruck too! When i saw this i immediately started reading it without looking at the tags and am kinda sad after reading how this story went. Went back to Lovestruck again to make myself happy again. Haha.

Screenshot_417
joined Sep 19, 2016

I'm more of a moe guy but i read this out of curiosity

i feel bad for medusa and nicola can go F herself

though i have to admit what she said at the end is kinda true..

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I do not regret reading this, but it is really sad. There is scumbags out there, who use people and their weaknesses.
Thanks to everybody explaining about the illness, I read this very sloppily and didn't want to reread.

Also previous poster is probably right about backstabber girl not being even bisexual. bisexuals enjoy having sex with women and wouldn't call another woman a pervert for doing so.

last edited at Jun 2, 2019 4:43AM

Pooooog103139
joined Nov 12, 2020

it's sad, but really gives an amusing feel too, after all the moe-overdose mangas passing through my brain.
it was a good read.
And Nicola legit has a neckbeard during those first few pages lol.

last edited at Apr 7, 2021 9:31AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.