Forum › MariAli discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

My own thought is that this is hundreds of years in the future, with Alice finally passing away (although not having visibly aged since she's a youkai) and finally reuniting with the spirit of her beloved Marisa.

This is how it's implied but the dialog makes no sense if it's taken that way since it would be Marisa waiting on Alice not the other way around.

I dunno, Alice waiting for Marisa to come get her and take her onward at the end of her life makes sense.

Though in my opinion coming to Alice for that discussion was dumb of Marisa in the first place. She admits to being aware of Alice's feelings but she doesn't stop to think how what she's saying sounds.

100% in character for Marisa, I'd say. =D

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I dunno, Alice waiting for Marisa to come get her and take her onward at the end of her life makes sense.

I suppose it does make sense if you think about it that way. Still kinda confusing since it's not exactly a straight forward way of going about it.

100% in character for Marisa, I'd say. =D

Unfortunately I have to agree, lol. That way of going about things always get on my nerves. I've never been in that exact sort of situation but a lot of people I know have a bad habit of talking before thinking about how what they're saying sounds. It's caused more than a few misunderstandings.

Edit: Completely off-topic but congrats on being moderated by the way.

last edited at Nov 23, 2014 2:33PM

Seija
joined Dec 12, 2014

I don't get one thing.
"Alice was once human and became a youkai magician through training. She is young as a youkai, so she is considerate towards humans and still behaves as one of them would." (c) Touhou wikia
WTF why didn't Alice just teach Marisa how to become a youkai?
Though the idea of reincarnation is not bad too.

If it works like that I'd be happy, and I'm on the same boat with you, I don't really get it though...

Wat
joined May 5, 2015

Goodbye to a dearest person... is Always soo SAD ! D'X

Mari%20round
joined Sep 17, 2014

Re-reading this and bowling my eyes at the last chapter. (I wonder why I do this to myself).

10522323_540364989422230_1045437926_a
joined Apr 27, 2015

Cried.... Such a good story.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

wehhhh that was really good ;c; I have zero knowledge of the source material and it was still a wonderful read (even if a little cliched). Be prepared to cry, but in a good way ~

Images
joined Sep 19, 2015

beginning to love this but kinda sad though

Images
joined Sep 19, 2015

such a great story

Screenshot_417
joined Sep 19, 2016

I cried

joined Feb 28, 2020

Reading Chap. 2 now.
I expected some light fluff but it's heavier than I thought.
Excellent.

Edit: With new capacity to feel love comes an increased capacity to feel pain. Many stories between humans and immortals end with the latter tearing up over the former's grave. Some YukaRei can hit like that.
But they didn't go down that path in this one. There's a remarkable amount of acceptance from Alice.
It makes me feel a little less sadness after the happiness that this story communicated.

last edited at Jun 17, 2020 4:18PM

joined Dec 30, 2018

Why do hoomans die
Im sad

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

One saving grace of the whole Touhou thing is it has a Buddhist underpinning that sets it apart.

joined Dec 4, 2022

After rereading this, It came to me that the ending is not a reincarnation of Marisa, is rather Death of Alice, Youkai are not immortal, thats why Alice wanted to drink the elixir too so the two of them can suffer from immortality. Marisa gravestone(?) are not sharp anymore in the last scene before Marisa's hat flew, this can depict that the time already passed.

joined Dec 4, 2022

After rereading this, It came to me that the ending is not a reincarnation of Marisa, is rather Death of Alice, Youkai are not immortal, thats why Alice wanted to drink the elixir too so the two of them can suffer from immortality. Marisa gravestone(?) are not sharp anymore in the last scene before Marisa's hat flew, this can depict that the time already passed.

joined Oct 25, 2010

I’m 66 years old, but I still feel the sadness that lives within the hearts of those who have a special relationship with the love of their life. Alice and Marisa are a great couple who love each other in spite of their differences between youkai and human. This is one of the most beautiful stories about Marisa and Alice. I love this series by Ichinose. Another story about Gensokyo is Chronolog’s tales concerning Hina and Suwako, Youmu and Yuyuko, Remilia and Sakuya, Sleepless banquet in the eastern country , deep deep puddle, scarlet fatalism , and so sweet.

joined Oct 25, 2010

Marisa and Alice are a wonderful, loving, caring and sweet couple!! They truly love each other so very much! Their relationship is quite unique in Gensokyo!! Ichinose made the best story that I have ever read about these two characters!! I always swim in their warm waters of love and happiness, but there is sadness when they must separate for centuries because Alice is youkai and Marisa is human!! But, they continue to reach for each other so they can begin a life together renewed!! Alice and Marisa truly love ❤️ each other so much!

joined Oct 25, 2010

So very beautiful, profound, and full of love and caring for all the characters that live within each of our hearts! I am happy how this beloved Gensokyo and its inhabitants seem as I always imagine! I know there are always adversities and pitfalls, but that is why we have each other so we can protect and heal the smiles and souls of all we love ❤️! Right?

To reply you must either login or sign up.