Forum › The Third Party

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I really like this manga. I don't want to give too many details away but I like that this manga addresses certain things about Korean Society. One of the characters is talking to her friend that knows she is gay and asks why you don’t get married. Her answer is that she doesn't like men. This shows Korean attitude to marriage and only heterosexual couples can legally and morally get married. Also it slightly address a another character questioning her sexuality. To me this manga questions weather cheating is acceptable when society doesn't allow you to be who you want. I think in this manga yes but I’m not going to say why as it will give away the plot. I hope more people read this manga as to me its more realstic than what does the fox say where everyone is gay lol.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

I do agree it is more believable than WDTFS. It's one of the very few yuri manhwa I'm reading. But the fiancée seems kinda rapist and yeah I don't like him

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

The fiancee is creepy but he hasn't done anything just 'yet'. He is planning something, plus he has red eyes so he is obviously the villian of the story.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

this manga addresses certain things about Korean Society.

TTP is not a korean manhwa, right?

I hope more people read this manga as to me its more realstic than what does the fox say where everyone is gay lol.

No, not everyone is, only hot ones are. But, this concept is not new though, it happened in every yuri manga I've read.

last edited at May 13, 2017 1:57PM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

this manga addresses certain things about Korean Society.

TTP is not a korean manhwa, right?

I hope more people read this manga as to me its more realstic than what does the fox say where everyone is gay lol.

No, not everyone is, only hot ones are. But, this concept is not new though, it happened in every yuri manga I've read.

Yes TTP is a Korean manhwa . I just put manga because I am lazy and can't be bothered to type the extra letter.

I know there are other manga's that address similar concept but very few to do with Korean society on homosexuality. At the moment there are only 21 chapters.

joined Jun 12, 2015

The Third Party is not a korean manhwa. The author is from Philippines. It's just that the story is set in South Korea.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I know there are other manga's that address similar concept but very few to do with Korean society on homosexuality.

Korean Society or Conservative Asian Society?

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I thought the author was Korean because the art style is really similar to Ssamba and Tim Gaji. But h3x is write the author is from Philippines. I love the Korean manwha art style a lot and this manwha art style for me personally is really good.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

So they finally did it. Her finance is straight up cheating on her. Good thing she is too XD

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Finally caught on to reading this. Glad to see that things are progressing, and it's starting to reach a major event, so I'm excited to see where it goes.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

This manhwa seems to be really interesting now.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Im glad they resolved things quickly with Moon and Gu. I thought for sure they would drag the drama behind Gu not saying anything about being married. But instaed we got sexy time in chaper 36 again.

last edited at Aug 22, 2017 12:25PM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

This manga's soo good. WTF that twist with the new chapter, was not expecting that all.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

I do agree it is more believable than WDTFS. It's one of the very few yuri manhwa I'm reading. But the fiancée seems kinda rapist and yeah I don't like him

He's a husband, not a fiance. And it's not a spoiler ;) I also don't think they ever slept together.

I'm sure he's up to something. He's playing 3 people at once IMO: Moon (he didn't tell her who Gu is even though he was supposed to), Gu (he's just using her) and Gu's dad.

joined Mar 3, 2018

It's a good manga

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Wow, did I hate this ending. I’m an inveterate Kdrama fan, and this was a textbook horrible Noble Idiocy copout finale. (Noble Idiocy—one partner giving up the other “for their own good”—can actually be a viable plot trope, but it has to be done very, very thoughtfully.) The manhwa was pretty decent most of the way through—lots of familiar tropes, but that’s no crime in genre fiction—but this ending was almost a parody of Kdrama Noble Idiocy Done Wrong. (I realize that the author isn’t Korean, but that’s where I know the trope from.) I’ll stop ranting, but this pattern of ending: [sudden Noble Idiocy > time skip > character reunion > little or no depiction of what happens next] has become so common in Lezhin yuri stories (WDTFS, Love Doctor, Serenade, The Third Party) that I begin to suspect it’s as much editorial policy as it is authorial failure. Again, sorry for ranting, but I needed it.

SomethingOrOther
joined May 15, 2018

Wow, did I hate this ending. I’m an inveterate Kdrama fan, and this was a textbook horrible Noble Idiocy copout finale. (Noble Idiocy—one partner giving up the other “for their own good”—can actually be a viable plot trope, but it has to be done very, very thoughtfully.) The manhwa was pretty decent most of the way through—lots of familiar tropes, but that’s no crime in genre fiction—but this ending was almost a parody of Kdrama Noble Idiocy Done Wrong. (I realize that the author isn’t Korean, but that’s where I know the trope from.) I’ll stop ranting, but this pattern of ending: [sudden Noble Idiocy > time skip > character reunion > little or no depiction of what happens next] has become so common in Lezhin yuri stories (WDTFS, Love Doctor, Serenade, The Third Party) that I begin to suspect it’s as much editorial policy as it is authorial failure. Again, sorry for ranting, but I needed it.

I think the ending should be interpreted as "They got back together". It is a cop-out though. Why can they never fight for their love. Why is it always the "give up to then later get back together". I mean, I get that it is more realistic this way, but yuri is not supposed to be realistic.

joined Feb 21, 2018

Yeah, the ending was utter trash and seems to be a pattern with yuri stories on Lezhin. Couple breaks up at the end after figuring out how much they love each other but meet up and get back together 2 to 10 years down the line. Quite sick of it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think the ending should be interpreted as "They got back together". It is a cop-out though. Why can they never fight for their love. Why is it always the "give up to then later get back together". I mean, I get that it is more realistic this way, but yuri is not supposed to be realistic.

I do know for a fact that actual lesbian couples often face more, and more complex, problems than yuri manga often suggest.

But lesbian couples struggling to get together, finally declaring their love for one another, then one of the pair immediately disappearing without a word for years I have difficulty seeing as "realism." Reading Lezhin yuri manhwa you'd think it was the law.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Blastaar posted:

But lesbian couples struggling to get together, finally declaring their love for one another, then one of the pair immediately disappearing without a word for years I have difficulty seeing as "realism." Reading Lezhin yuri manhwa you'd think it was the law.

I don't want to say Lezhin is against yuri, since they do publish yuri stories, but based on what you say, I can't shack the feeling there is some kind of weird message send here.

Also I really hate when that kind of thing happens in work as well

last edited at May 22, 2018 3:01PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I know it’s kind of hard to stick the landing on a lengthy serial narrative—like I said, my noble idiocy tolerance/intolerance level is a function of watching a lot of Kdramas—and when the writers have tossed a lot of plot complications in there it can be a real challenge to write your way out of them convincingly. But that’s the job.

What Does the Fox Say?, The Love Doctor, Serenade, Pulse, and The Third Party were all good-to-adequate yuri stories marred by a less-than-satisfactory final act, and every single one of them involved a weakly-motivated long-term disappearance by one of the protagonists followed by a (usually) briefly depicted reunion. I don’t know why anybody thinks this needs to be the default resolution of a yuri story, but somebody at Lezhin evidently does.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

What Does the Fox Say?, The Love Doctor, Serenade, Pulse, and The Third Party were all good-to-adequate yuri stories marred by a less-than-satisfactory final act, and every single one of them involved a weakly-motivated long-term disappearance by one of the protagonists followed by a (usually) briefly depicted reunion. I don’t know why anybody thinks this needs to be the default resolution of a yuri story, but somebody at Lezhin evidently does.

You know, I've read people complaining that Lily Love (the first series, not the current) was too bland, but at the very least it didn't do that.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You know, I've read people complaining that Lily Love (the first series, not the current) was too bland, but at the very least it didn't do that.

Well, P’Mew does go off to school overseas, but that is the topic of the last act, so while it stretches the plot out a bit, it’s a long way from being sudden artificial drama or unmotivated angst. And while the series may not have been especially thrilling, I thought Lily Love was pretty darling, myself. Sometimes I’m fine with just meeting characters and watching them find out that they really like each other.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Well, P’Mew does go off to school overseas, but that is the topic of the last act, so while it stretches the plot out a bit, it’s a long way from being sudden artificial drama or unmotivated angst. And while the series may not have been especially thrilling, I thought Lily Love was pretty darling, myself. Sometimes I’m fine with just meeting characters and watching them find out that they really like each other.

Yeah, I really liked it. The final act, although a bit awkward, didn't really feel forced or out of place. Overall, it was a feel-good series, which I can appreciate. And I also appreciate that the sequel isn't just copying from the original, though I'm not quite sure what direction it's heading at this point.

this is bullshit

i hope we dont see this inmoonlight garden

To reply you must either login or sign up.