Forum › Division Girl 1 discussion

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Shimazaki sure has their own universe and style. Too bad it doesn't match my tastes.. At least the art is neat.

Despair-sayonara-zetsubou-sensei-2200043-590-473
joined Apr 19, 2015

Hmm, certainly haven't seen this before. Hopefully there is more, I'm interested in where it goes.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Looks very interesting

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

There is one more chapter to this story.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

What the hell can't there be a normal doujin from this author? Is s/he Dowman Sayman 2 or what?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Apologies for some of the typos here and there. It kinda jumped the gun out of QC it seems.
If anyone's confused by the term "dub", I believe it was supposed to be a shortened version of "double", which I've suggested to the typesetter along with the other fixes.

trash.panda.EXPRESS
joined Nov 29, 2016

Intriguing. Stories that leave you a little unhinged & uncomfortable are my favorite. I'm very interested in seeing where this goes.

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

I like this, I haven't seen this kind of story before.

joined Mar 3, 2016

Too much blood.. guess I will pass on this.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What the hell can't there be a normal doujin from this author? Is s/he Dowman Sayman 2 or what?

Wouldn't necessarily call that a bad thing. At least she's handling the "abnormal" stories in an interesting way consistent with her style.

Unsettling yet compelling seems to be the volume's theme anyhow, not sure if it reflects everything the author does or not.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

It seems deliberately unclear on whether the current b-ko chan is the original playing-with-blocks one or the first double. Adds a layer of unsettling.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It seems deliberately unclear on whether the current b-ko chan is the original playing-with-blocks one or the first double. Adds a layer of unsettling.

I think the implication is that she's the double, from the comment about how sometimes a copy would exceed the original. Which may mean the original hasn't died like the rest of the dupes.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I like this artist.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Also a possibility that A-ko might be that original, but with changes to her look.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Apologies for some of the typos here and there. It kinda jumped the gun out of QC it seems.
If anyone's confused by the term "dub", I believe it was supposed to be a shortened version of "double", which I've suggested to the typesetter along with the other fixes.

As for "dub," if it was in English, it seems likely to me that it is referring to copying an either an audio cassette or a VHS video cassette. It used to be common to refer to copying either cassette tape or video tape as "dubbing." And yes, the copy was always inferior, especially with video tape. If you made copies of the copies for a few cycles, it got so blurry it was hard to watch.

Of course even if that's the "dub" they're using, it still might be short for double. I don't know where the word came from.

Edit: According to Google, it's a 1920's abbreviation of double.

last edited at Nov 30, 2016 3:16PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Also a possibility that A-ko might be that original, but with changes to her look.

Yeah, that is distinctly possible although they're not as close as I would expect if that was what was going on. Normally just the names would give that feeling, but since that naming convention is followed in all the stories it isn't as significant. Still, the fact that the girl who is (apparently) first on the scene, and also first to be named, is " B -ko" feels like it's saying something.

last edited at Nov 30, 2016 3:12PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Still, the fact that the girl who is (apparently) first on the scene, and also first to be named, is " B -ko" feels like it's saying something.

Far as I can tell from the previous stories, all the main heroines have the B-ko name.

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-53-17(2)
joined Feb 7, 2014

Still, the fact that the girl who is (apparently) first on the scene, and also first to be named, is " B -ko" feels like it's saying something.

Far as I can tell from the previous stories, all the main heroines have the B-ko name.

There's no heroines on the histories from this author , everythings is messed up hahahahaha

Maybe the sister is a mutation so A-ko don't want to bring b-to her house

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

The original is Misaka Mikoto. >__>

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

this is just a doujin? meh.
I was already starting to get excited over a interesting new manga.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Although I initially felt awry of this author's work, they've really grown on me; they have a certain charm. The art style and overall mood can take a bit to adjust to, but their yuri always feels fresh, and this one is not an exception. I am not a huge fan of the supernatural tag, or of the genre in general, but the premise seems really solid.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

this is just a doujin? meh.
I was already starting to get excited over a interesting new manga.

It's a manga short story compilation

joined Feb 18, 2015

Wow... this looks like it could be really bizarre and possibly really good.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

This author writes some weird as hell stuff. And I mean that in a good way.

14729112_1822140911401358_566692425291691896_n
joined Nov 24, 2016

Holy shit, this is amazing. It reminds me of someone who kills versions of their past selves in order to move forward and away from toxic ex-friends.

To reply you must either login or sign up.