ForumHakumei & Mikochi discussion

joined Nov 25, 2018

The slow world building and great characters really sells chapters like this.
Greatest SoL Manga I've ever seen. The art, the people everything is so wholesome

Dyn3
joined Jan 6, 2015

That was a beautiful chapter. I loved the adorable little kids swarming them, and the last page made me tear up a bit.

Also, I got these girls in the mail a few days ago!
hakumiko1b.jpg

Furuyu prize machine figures. They're really well made and kind of hefty. There's also a Conju, but they're pretty expensive so I skipped her.
And after getting these two, I kinda see why they might not get Nendoroid figures or similar. Their bulky clothes and tiny limbs would make articulation difficult, unless they went with Nendoroid Dolls and cloth outfits.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

This really is quite a sweet little story.

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

I am hoping none of the mushrooms go to waste. But knowing Mikochi I doubt she'd have any problem. Figures this is why the grocer have had over stocked inventory issue in the past

Dyn3
joined Jan 6, 2015

I like Miki. She's pretty cool.

Screen%20shot%202018-04-15%20at%2012.25.03%20am
joined Mar 29, 2015

I know this may be quite a few chapters late, but I really love how birds like the Sunset Hawk and Oroshi are treated like the dragons of this world. The few birds we've met so far are treated as the awe/fear-inspiring, aloof beasts that dragons often represent, but, if Oroshi's gratitude is anything to go by, still capable of intelligent thought and emotional interaction with other species. I feel it adds to the Light fantasy feeling of the story all the more.

joined Jun 30, 2015

I know this may be quite a few chapters late, but I really love how birds like the Sunset Hawk and Oroshi are treated like the dragons of this world. The few birds we've met so far are treated as the awe/fear-inspiring, aloof beasts that dragons often represent, but, if Oroshi's gratitude is anything to go by, still capable of intelligent thought and emotional interaction with other species. I feel it adds to the Light fantasy feeling of the story all the more.

I mean, we've had more than a few birds as shopkeeps and so on. Warblers and finches and so on regularly trade recipes with Mikochi. It's just that the really big predatorial birds seem more animal-like, which is odd since we know Emerald Tail is a big wolf and Hakumei's talked with a herd of cows on her travels.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I mean, we've had more than a few birds as shopkeeps and so on. Warblers and finches and so on regularly trade recipes with Mikochi. It's just that the really big predatorial birds seem more animal-like, which is odd since we know Emerald Tail is a big wolf and Hakumei's talked with a herd of cows on her travels.

By far my favorite fantasy element to this show is the little necromancer. It's such a unique take on the whole necromancy idea and it doesn't hurt that she is absolutely adorable.

Dyn3
joined Jan 6, 2015

English dub of the anime is coming out March 19! I prefer the original, but now I can share it with more people~

Edit: today my copy of the Hakumei & Mikochi World Guide came in the mail. It's packed with full-color profiles of most of the cast, a small world map and a map of Makinata, tons of world details, photos of animals some of the cast are based on, and even a few pages of micro-sized cooking.

My favorite bit of info:
Hakumei - 23
Mikochi - 24
Conju - 26
Sen - 19

I'd figured that Sen was the oldest of the group, with Conju being the youngest, but it's the opposite :)

last edited at Mar 2, 2019 12:20PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I don't think I could stand to wait in a line that long, Mikochi has strong will power

Dyn3
joined Jan 6, 2015

Okay, according to the world guide and the official translation of volume 4, Miki the greengrocer is actually a guy, and his short-haired smoking partner is a girl. That's pretty cool.

I can really sympathize with this latest chapter. Sooo many times I've stood in line or just plain waited for something, getting more and more hyped, only to be disappointed at the end.

Screen%20shot%202018-04-15%20at%2012.25.03%20am
joined Mar 29, 2015

English dub of the anime is coming out March 19! I prefer the original, but now I can share it with more people~

Edit: today my copy of the Hakumei & Mikochi World Guide came in the mail. It's packed with full-color profiles of most of the cast, a small world map and a map of Makinata, tons of world details, photos of animals some of the cast are based on, and even a few pages of micro-sized cooking.

My favorite bit of info:
Hakumei - 23
Mikochi - 24
Conju - 26
Sen - 19

I'd figured that Sen was the oldest of the group, with Conju being the youngest, but it's the opposite :)

1. I would love to get my hands on a guide like that. I'm assuming its in Japanese, though.

2. The ages make sense to me: Sen always struck me as the young academic type who typically didn't have much interest in social interaction growing up and is just beginning to develop some ties. Conju is the slightly older Diva.

last edited at Mar 15, 2019 2:28AM

Dyn3
joined Jan 6, 2015

It'd be great to have it scanlated, but there is a LOT of text in the thing. It'd be a big job.
(the raw isn't too hard to find, actually. I'd considered taking mine apart and scanning it, glad I don't have to)

Neat thing: I found this girl(?) in the bottom left and thought they were a prototype Jada, but then the character showed up in the line from this latest chapter. Now I'm keeping my eye out for the black-hair-with-stripe girl.
0087.jpg

Anyways, I love this guide. I'm starting to think I'm a bit obsessed with this manga (considering about 70% of the posts in this thread are mine :D), and the guide is a nice little addition to my bookshelf.

last edited at Mar 15, 2019 6:22PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.