Forum › Introducing Dynasty Premium

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

TORONTO, Canadia—March 31, 2013— Dynasty-Scans® is proud to present a new and improved Dynasty Reader® experience. This new strategy will ensure that as Dynasty-Scans® can continue to provide innovative solutions in an increasingly competitive global manga market. In addition to allowing current users to support the Dynasty Reader® through compulsory monetization*, Dynasty-Scans® will begin offering new premium services on both an ad hoc and subscription basis.

• Yuri Goggles™ accounts will allow you to view up to 30 chapters per month! Yuri Goggles™ accounts are available for free! Don't want to wait in the queue? For just $1, you get instant access for 24 hours or 50 chapters, whichever comes first!

• Spitting Distance™ accounts will allow you to view the site without any of the in-chapter advertisements and will give you instant access to new chapters (up to 100 per week)! Spitting Distance™ accounts are available for $3 per month or just $30 per year! Spitting Distance™ users can access the Dynasty Reader® App for iOS™ or Android™ for no additional cost!

• Gay For Pay™ accounts will allow you to view the site without any advertisements and give you unlimited instant access to all of our content. Gay For Pay™ accounts are available for $5 per month or just $50 per year! Gay For Pay™ users not only get access to the Dynasty Reader® App for iOS™ or Android™, they can also download backup copies in our secure DSM ebook format** for just $1 per chapter or $4 per volume!

The Dynasty-Scans® board of directors approved the rebranding and new monetization strategy in light of the recent failure of digital manga reader JManga. Board chairman Casusby issued the following statement to the staff in announcing the new policy: "I approve of all this. Make it happen people."

Dynasty-Scans: Mostly Dicks, All For You

About Dynasty-Scans
Dynasty-Scans® (http://dynasty-scans.com) was founded in 2005 by Wyvern_D (editor), Co_ol (translator) and ChronoXVIII (editor, proofreader) in order to pick up Pastel™. The group started with only one project but quickly expanded the number of series, favoring shoujo-ai and manga with kickass artwork. quincy lead the group until July 2006. At that point, Casusby jumped in and since then, has ruled over dynasty-scans as its supreme leader (much like Kim Jong Il). In August 2009, the flagship project was dropped due to disinterest by the staff, leading Dynasty-Scans® to focus to settle on yuri and some fringe series. The Dynasty Reader®, launched in 2009, provided a central location for yuri manga online. By 2012, the Dynasty Reader® had become the face of the group, transforming the way at least 10 people read manga.

*Usage of Adblock Plus and similar tools may result in temporary suspension of an account or permanent banning upon repeat offenses.

**DSM ebooks require an internet connection. Loss of connection may cause your content to be rendered temporarily unavailable.

last edited at Mar 31, 2013 11:08PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I was really horrified for like 2 minutes until I looked at my clock. This is one of the best April 1st's ever.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Note: Premium accounts will become available on April 2nd due to a bug in our system. Starting tomorrow downloads will only be available to users who upgrade to atleast a Spitting Distance™ account in our secure DSM format, as advertised above.

Payment types will include Credit Card and Bitcoin.

last edited at Mar 31, 2013 6:22PM

Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

And here I almost forgot about April Fools. >.> Well played Dynasty, well played.

Panda_icon
joined Feb 8, 2013

almost peed my pants and cried buckets of sadness. good one ( ◕◡◕)ノ✿

joined May 17, 2011

Man... my heart skipped a beat... x_x

good one!

last edited at Mar 31, 2013 6:20PM

Lililicious
joined Jul 7, 2011

Oooh I just love the banner!

11037762_810749925626889_3993480889423058745_n
joined Mar 30, 2012

turns off AdBlock

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

Holy hell my poor heart >:o I almost just DIED! LOL definitely had me going haha

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Still better conditions than jmanga. Sold!

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

You... you scared the shit out of me. Jeez...

joined Mar 31, 2013

Even if it's a joke, You worth it, all the members of this amazing "Dynasty-scans.com"
Just to said a BIG : THANK YOU !! <3 (in case we forgot to tell you)
I will never stop to read your perfect works ;)

joined Mar 23, 2013

Loved it!

I really loved communist Canadialand plug in there.

last edited at Mar 31, 2013 7:22PM

Aand_this_one_too_by_shiniez
joined Jan 19, 2013

So dose this mean you will take the Comics you licensed to JManga from the failed JManga?

last edited at Mar 31, 2013 7:32PM

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I have a bad feelin'.. Even though it's 1st April, i'm still scared. I have no money to pay, i'm poor student - -'

joined Jan 11, 2013

Lol too funny

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I really loved communist Canadialand plug in there.

That's Northern Canuckistan to you, bub!

And seriously, 30 chapters? What am I gonna do for the REST of the afternoon, then?

last edited at Mar 31, 2013 7:54PM

joined Jul 29, 2011

well played

joined Feb 9, 2013

I want to delete my account. I won't pay a single cent to this site to read yuri like I always used to. I'm sorry if this is a lack of respect towards the staff, scanlators and users here. But this was the ultimate dimb update that made me want to delete my account. I don't know how to do it here, so I would be glad if a staff member were so kind to do it for me. I'm not planning to ever come back, just so you know. You lost one of your readers here.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

I'm sure we lost a bit of something.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

That sounds like sarcasm :D

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

LOL! You guys are good. Seriously scared me for a minute there.

last edited at Mar 31, 2013 8:29PM

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

I want to delete my account. I won't pay a single cent to this site to read yuri like I always used to. I'm sorry if this is a lack of respect towards the staff, scanlators and users here. But this was the ultimate dimb update that made me want to delete my account. I don't know how to do it here, so I would be glad if a staff member were so kind to do it for me. I'm not planning to ever come back, just so you know. You lost one of your readers here.

We apologize for an inconvenience our new business model may have caused you, but we truly appreciate this is the right way to go.

As a token of our remorse we wish to offer you, in the name of our chairman Casusby, a free 30-day Gay For Pay™ subscription, starting on april 2nd, when our premium service is set to go live.

Once again we truly apologize and hope you will continue frequenting our website.

joined Mar 31, 2013

You...are evil... I was so bloody scared. I have never been the subject of a more terrifying April fool's move. (Did once see a guy break down in tears reading a fake university expulsion letter, that was worse, I suppose...)

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

As a token of our remorse we wish to offer you, in the name of our chairman Casusby, a free 30-day Gay For Pay™ subscription, starting on april 2nd, when our premium service is set to go live.

LMFAO! Oh god. This is too much.

To reply you must either login or sign up.