Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

I can eat whatever I want as well as long as I only eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full.
Pretty simple.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Galich

As far as I know, Citrus doesn't have an anime adaptation, seems like your friend's mistaken.
That said even if there was a citrus anime, I wouldn't watch it since I hate citrus ...

Talking about anime, I finished Kabaneri, was average. I'm currently watching Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, even if it doesn't look that promising, it's short so..

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

So I thought. Haven't really read it tho. Well, he is a bit of know-nothing-knowing-it-all. I found it pretty funny.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

If he is into yuri anime, I'm afraid that he won't find anything good since nearly all of the yuri anime are garbage.

The only good "yuri" anime that comes to my mind is the awesome Simoun and it's not really a yuri, although it's an excellent serie.

last edited at Aug 13, 2016 4:14PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

Well... Kurau was great. Not your typical yuri anime but it had that yuri vibe...

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Yes, there is a yuri vibe, and Kurau is good, but it's not really a yuri. Nana has a yuri vibe and it's not a yuri either (though I don't like nana).

I'm still hoping for an octave, hanjuku joshi, gokujou drop or even a girlfriends anime adaptation ... Maybe one day.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

The Aoi Hana anime was pretty good, I thought

joined Jun 22, 2016

Octave would be great. I'd also love to see Pure Water Adolescence or Kase-san.
But probably never gonna happen...

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ muteKi

Aoi Hana and Sasameki Koto as well were good.
I think so too.
But the comics were better by far...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

@ muteKi

Aoi Hana and Sasameki Koto as well were good.
I think so too.
But the comics were better by far...

I'll be honest, I really didn't like the Sasameki Koto anime. Didn't grab me in the least.

joined Jun 22, 2016

I think it wasn't bad. It's just that it feels far from finished. So it never got to the really good parts.
To tell you the truth I didn't like the start of the comic that much either... But it got really good after some time. And the anime never made it that far...
I think that's a real shame.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I did not like Sasameki koto at all, both the anime and the comic.
My favorite yuri of all time surely won't get an adaptation, that's a shame tho :(

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think it wasn't bad. It's just that it feels far from finished. So it never got to the really good parts.
To tell you the truth I didn't like the start of the comic that much either... But it got really good after some time. And the anime never made it that far...
I think that's a real shame.

I really enjoyed the comic, but it does take a bit to get to the best bits. That was part of the problem, it showed barely any of the better bits, and instead concentrates on the goofball comedy which arguably isn't the point of the series. That and the mood whiplash between the serious tone of the first episode and the entire rest of the series which is basically jokes really didn't sit well with me. It's not a perfect manga by any means, but I really did enjoy it.

joined Jun 22, 2016

I just took a quick look at it again and I think it's pretty much one on one... The anime stretched some things a tiny little bit sometimes but up to episode 11 it's one episode for a chapter.
Episode 12 never happened in the comics (as far as I remember).
So chapter 12 is episode 13, but same thing: an entire episode for one chapter...
So the two problems I see are as follows:
1. The anime is based on a comic that took some time to get really good and stayed true to the pace of the original work
2. The anime got cancelled before it got anywhere near the good parts.
So it's not really the fault of the anime. I'm sure it would have been great if it would have been continued...

I read the show was cancelled because it didn't sell well... Sucks... But that explains things... If the producers knew that they only had 13 episodes they might have left some of the not really necessary chapters out to actually cover some more of the essential story...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I just took a quick look at it again and I think it's pretty much one on one... The anime stretched some things a tiny little bit sometimes but up to episode 11 it's one episode for a chapter.
Episode 12 never happened in the comics (as far as I remember).
So chapter 12 is episode 13, but same thing: an entire episode for one chapter...
So the two problems I see are as follows:
1. The anime is based on a comic that took some time to get really good and stayed true to the pace of the original work
2. The anime got cancelled before it got anywhere near the good parts.
So it's not really the fault of the anime. I'm sure it would have been great if it would have been continued...

I read the show was cancelled because it didn't sell well... Sucks... But that explains things... If the producers knew that they only had 13 episodes they might have left some of the not really necessary chapters out to actually cover some more of the essential story...

Well, it is the fault of the anime director in that they didn't adjust the pacing to produce a more balanced first season. Going faithfully 1:1 works great for episodic series like Mushishi and Flying Witch, but for a series like Sasameki Koto which relies on the story continuing past that season, you must do what's necessary to fully grab your audience when you can. Even more so given yuri isn't really the biggest seller in Japan.

joined Jun 22, 2016

True, but I really think they just didn't see the cancellation coming... Even though that might have been a little naive... but I'm sure they just liked the comic as is and wanted to stick to that.
With a lot of anime that don't stay true to the comic you always hear people complaining a lot why they left some parts out and folks saying stuff like „my favorite part wasn't in there“ or in this case probably stuff like „but I really liked the comedy part about it“... Personally I like it whenever I love a comic or a book and they really adapt it one on one. So I can't really complain about that one... Except for the cancellation part of course ^^

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

True, but I really think they just didn't see the cancellation coming... Even though that might have been a little naive... but I'm sure they just liked the comic as is and wanted to stick to that.

It's tremendously naive. You're not guaranteed a second season in any series, let alone one in a genre which doesn't sell the way shounen stuff does

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon I'm sorry, Angelique Kerber has just lost the gold medal match in women's singles..

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Blackkitty I've watched both the fencing part and discus throw, Poland got a silver from the other. The first one was pretty exciting, Americans kicked our ass tho.

Coming back to an old topic since I wasn't here when it was brought up, sucks to see the list of Cafe's residents dropping from the thread. I feel like a few potential posters could feel a bit scared with a few users posting constantly Cough Galich, Blackkitty, Anon *Cough

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Galich hah, but Poland has lost to Russia in men's volleyball.. I wonder how you feel about it?
hahah, no, we just set a good example so that we gather more followers - The Cafe's Witnesses xD

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I daresay it's a guarantee that there are folks lurking who prefer to read than post.

There's also bound to be folks hesitant about jumping in, and to those people I encourage them to simply start talking. It doesn't matter if it's on-topic because there is no topic. Start in on whatever interests you.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Nezchan Agreed 100%. Any lurkers that are interested in joining this topic, feel free to join us! We're pretty versitile.

It just sucks how some of semi-regulars drop out completly. I could make an entire list of people that just left without a word.

@Blackkitty I mean, it's only sports. And I speak Russian. And I'm partly Russian.
I speak Polish tho.. well, good for Russia.
But I also live in Poland.. kind of sucks that we've lost.
Oh, and I'm also Polish... NOOOOOOO, why against Russia all of people?!

No offense to anyone who's Russian, I'm just screwing around with country stereotypes. I like Russia and I'm interested in their culture and what-nots.

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Blackkitty

Sucks for her but I was never really into tennis... so I'm going with a Catherine Tate line here: I'm not bothered! ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSNK-9v7_JI

@ Galich

I thought about that as well... but on the contrary if no one ever posts anything here, new folks wouldn't bother to show up either when they feel that it's dead...

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 5:17AM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Anon99 Not too found of those, but... so cute >.>

Yea, agreed. Guess we'll just have to keep inviting people and be nice to each other. CCL I will get you.

So, late night question: describe yourself: sanguine, choleric, melancholic, or phlegmatic =You can only choose one. It's evil.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Anon

Cute dog.
You're lucky if it's just lurking. My dumb dog spends his whole life doing stupid things, like barking at 5 am when i'm falling asleep, stealing my food, killing flying bugs, putting his toys everywhere ... but I somehow can't resist when I see it.
EDIT : Galich, new avatar from I'll bring you mille-feuille ? I love this anthology (more exactly, I LOVE My unique day)

last edited at Aug 14, 2016 5:26PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.