Forum › Posts by Gelert_Xross

joined Apr 15, 2013

Why do people go through so much effort to hurt us innocent Non-April-Fools Celebrators ;-;

Your tears empower them.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

Thanks for reminding me what the date is. I'm still living in covid time over here, time flows differently.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Heart warming. I'm looking forward to the next volume!

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

I just binged the whole damn thing, and wow. It's been a while since I cried. Beautiful story.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

But the reason I don't think Matoi is asexual, is because the story is perfectly set up for her to be wrong. The main conflict for Matoi is that she struggles to understand others or herself. From a narrative standpoint, she needs to overcome this conflict by learning about herself, and the people around her. And that works the best, when what she thinks she knows about herself is completely wrong. If she was right from the start, then there wouldn't be much left to learn for her, would it?

I mean, the story explicitly states that Aro and Ace are two different things. They aren't like a pair of shoes you need to wear together. It seems pretty clear that Matoi is at least demiromantic, but probably asexual as well. Sexual attraction and romantic love don't always line up as clearly as some like to think.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

Interesting. Looks like it's gonna be an angsty one.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

Yay, new Tima! This should be fun.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

I find it funny that the answer to what commoners contribute is taxes and not ALL THE WORK!

Work isn't what is respected by the aristocracy. Money is.

Gelert_Xross
Pink Ribbon discussion 29 Dec 00:46
joined Apr 15, 2013

Good series, good end. Looking forward to the extra chapter.

Gelert_Xross
SHY discussion 17 Dec 20:01
joined Apr 15, 2013

I dunno, I had similar feelings about Mr. Bowie as I do for these new ones. So far the good guys in this manga are unquestionably good. There is almost certainly gonna be some conflict between Shy and the Shining Force over here, but it is likely going to be as a consequence of good will rather than nefarious intent.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Ok using a Chinese friend I have access to raws if anyone is craving more I can send you up to chapter 33.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RyRphzqOFUtan3baDOrLS9PkFMqslmLR?usp=sharing

I'm also translating them but jsyk it's machine translated with a bit of research for better translations on certain parts, so nuanced and colloquial meanings may be overlooked.

You are a magic person, thank you. You seem to be doing quite well handling the translations. It's pretty impressive.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Glad I risked the angst tag. Looks like a fun one.

Gelert_Xross
Liberty discussion 27 Nov 12:26
joined Apr 15, 2013

She has babby? RUN AWAY! Good thing I didn't torpedo my other relationship, OH WAIT. But who am I kidding, Maki will definitely take her back.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Alright, I skipped this one for a bit but now I'm totally down.

joined Apr 15, 2013

SAD's bringing us the goods once again. I'm looking forward to this one.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Glad this has made its way here. Thanks to the kind folks working on it!

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

Kind of glad I coincidentally didn't read the new chapters until just now. Having this story arc hanging over me unfinished would have messed with me a bit.

joined Apr 15, 2013

I kind of thought we would get a chapter about them breaking up, but I'm not complaining. Good end.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

The plot thickens? Maybe? Just so long as the hi-jinks continue, it's all good.

Gelert_Xross
Image Comments 05 Sep 00:24
joined Apr 15, 2013

@17hunter00 The creator has been asked about LGBT stuff in the series, and the answer was basically "wait for it". It's a good series even minus LGBT representation, you should give it a go if you can.

Gelert_Xross
Image Comments 28 Aug 01:30
joined Apr 15, 2013
E9hwwszvoa8orkv-orig

It's not lolicon, the big lady is like 9'6".

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

I lost my dog during the covid lockdown. It's a special kind of pain, and I'm sorry you have to experience it.

I read this part in the light novel, and they do pretty much forget about the familiar most of the time. I'm glad the manga addresses it.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

Apparently my internet provider has a some sort of blood feud with whoever is hosting them, so Mangadex is off the table for me. Always glad when folks bring their stuff here.

Gelert_Xross
Image Comments 17 Jul 18:55
joined Apr 15, 2013
E6tlhmvwqacdpbi-orig

Popular, award-winning series and Disney still screws it over. It's a goddam shame.
#savetheowlhouse

Gelert_Xross
Image Comments 13 Jul 13:32
joined Apr 15, 2013
E5-ij1kxeae4njd-orig%20(1)

Really bummed that it's too late to force Disney to make a full length season 3, but at least Lumity remains great.