Forum › Posts by onyxpanda

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I’m honestly confused? Does kurumi know ruriko is in love with her or just think she loves her? And the same to ruriko? Wait does kurumi know she’s maybe in love with ruriko?

i think based on recent chapters, kurumi was initially pretty dense and thought of ruriko's "like" as a platonic like... I'm guessing she unconsciously kept that thought pattern up until they met Rio in ch19 and kurumi became a bit jealous of rio's familiarity with ruriko. at that point, we see kurumi starting to feel like the hugs she gave ruriko to be a little different in a healing way.

i think kurumi has always known deep in the back of her mind, but she's purposefully avoiding "love" because she feels like she doesn't have time for it, or that someone won't love her the way she is. rio straight up tells her that "you're ruriko's one true love!" and says that they make a great couple. with that, I would say that kurumi definitely knows but is just dancing around it, up until our most recent chapters where she is starting to accept the changes in her feelings for ruriko (ie: finding ruriko cute and different from other friends, etc).

ruriko isn't shy about her feelings either haha.

joined Apr 19, 2012

A lot of people seem to have this opinion: that this is the scummiest she can be, but she was being honest. There's nothing scummy about telling someone you want to be with them like that. She didn't say that if she was rejected she would stop being Mashiro's friend. Why should she keep hiding the fact that she wants a relationship just because Mashiro wanted to be friends?

Word. Makino cannot control how Mashiro reacts to her revelation, but at least she can be upfront about wanting to have sex with her, regardless of which persona she adopts. It's better than creating a false impression that she is just wants to be friends with Mashiro: now that Mashiro is aware of Makino's feelings, she can make the informed decision of reciprocating or rejecting them. It's not gonna be easy for her, especially now that she's apparently heard that her ex is single again, but at least she now has the full picture of the love dodecahedron around her.

i think she's scummy bc she invited mashiro to this study date with the intention of getting her drunk and have her way with her

my own perogative-- like she's honest, that's great, but those intentions are terrible

joined Apr 19, 2012

cute!!!! also. finally!!!

joined Apr 19, 2012

title was so dubious lol but turns out its a cute fang story

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

I'm literally waiting for this series to conclude before I can bring myself to work through it...

joined Apr 19, 2012

I am still Asumi x Mai till the bitter end.

I'm pretty big on the "first girl wins it all" trope ngl. Staying open minded!

joined Apr 19, 2012

Nadeshiko is great and all but im on team Jun with this one. I think there's some hint that akane indeed feels something to jun and i would feel bad if that means nothing at the end

I feel the same way ;;

joined Apr 19, 2012

lmaooo. not what i expected at all. very interesting pacing-- kinda felt like I was watching a short clip!

joined Apr 19, 2012

get it together you scumbag lord makino!!!! omg sobbing

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

Is this an extra?

last edited at May 23, 2023 1:58PM

onyxpanda
Maple Love discussion 19 May 15:05
joined Apr 19, 2012

I can't find the two page continuation, somebody help pls

You can also find it here if you search "Maple Love": https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/maple_love_extra

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

It's nice to see this being featured, but I still wish that someone would release a properly edited version. The terrible grammar really ruins the experience.

So if anybody is up for it, I'll gladly do the editing for you.

Agreed... so nice to see it featured.

onyxpanda
Maple Love discussion 14 May 02:44
joined Apr 19, 2012

So happy to see this one back again!

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

lmao poor akina got played twice

edit:

The main characters outfit…looks so outdated lol.

yeah, this anthology is from 2019 so that adds to it lol

last edited at May 12, 2023 10:19AM

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

Does anyone know if this particular doropanda tours was ever translated?

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

so cute!

joined Apr 19, 2012

what an interesting convo to have with HR.... what do they even return when they quit...? their gun???

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

I have the opposite thoughts on this series going downwards... I actually really liked that it started off as a fun fluffy slice of life with "will they, won't they" and that there was a gradual shift. I think it eased into a more "serious" plot, which might have been slow for us yuri readers, but to me personally it felt very organic. This series has followed us in season irl and it feels like I've grown with this series, so I'm quite sentimental of it ending.

joined Apr 19, 2012

That was so abrupt omg

joined Apr 19, 2012

big agree with ColdGoldLazarus with the dissection of ch6 and ch7.

although I also agree with REDflame23

joined Apr 19, 2012

she's basically domesticated. good for her.

@Linterdiction: Just out of curiosity, where is your picture from?

onyxpanda
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Apr 16:30
joined Apr 19, 2012

I guess you can't fault Higashiyama Show too much for the slightly sloppy ending since it's his first serious attempt at a series.

the thing was, he had an idea but hadn't completely thought out what the ending would've been, so that's why for a bit of the series it just like things came out of no-where.

that being said, i don't think this was a memory loss fakeout... it seems to me that Ichika recovered her memories much like a fairytale kiss. which is cheesy but i'll take the happy ending gratefully. after stretch, i'll take any happy yuri ending at this point from shou lmao

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

confusion on this chapter

but i guess it's good to give Baba-kun a mini redemption arc??? i've been burned by this author before so i'm curious to see what's gonna go on here

joined Apr 19, 2012

This is so annoying to the point it becomes hilarious and back to annoying again lol

haha yeah. we keep coming back for more so idk what that says about us lol

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

funniest thing is that no one even remotely believes Hino is a rival to Sakurako for Kasumi, but I do hope she helps catalyst things between them so we can see their relationship progress a bit more. Looking forward to more!