Forum › Posts by YamaChan

joined Apr 3, 2012

I think everything will click into place for Seol-a, if she realizes No-rae is in love with her. It would be a light bulb moment for.

"oh...this is why I feel aroused when I stare at her lips and midriff."

Seol-a can't be that dense.

joined Apr 3, 2012

I just think they still have a long way to go. No-rae doesn't "start to realize" anything. She already did a few chapters ago. But she's at a crossroad, because she doesn't know what comes next. Running away? Confessing and expecting to be shot down? Doing as if nothing was the matter? Burying all this at the back of her head? A choice must be made and that's the meaning of the conversation with her brother.

As for Seol-a, I don't think she sees No-rae as a romantic interest yet. If there's one who hasn't realized anything, it's her. She acts without thinking things through, following her impulses, and that unnerves No-rae.

I highly disagree with this. I think Seol-a certainly sees No-rae as a romantic interest. Her problem is that she has never been in love before and doesn't know that she's in love. But Seol-a has done just about everything but shout "I'm in love with you!" at the top of her lungs. I mean, she's stared at No-rae's lips, ogled her midriff and fell asleep gazing at her sleeping face.

As I said earlier, I'm in the camp that thinks a mutual realization isn't too far, because there's so much more story to tell beyond just the much anticipated confession.

Even in K-Dramas, a lot of the relationships are basically set by the halfway point and the rest of the drama is how the two leads endure the trials they're put through.

joined Apr 3, 2012

Is FF really draggy though? I'm proud to say that I've read through all the chapters in one sitting at least three times, and it doesn't feel draggy at all, when you don't have week long waits in between chapters. The progression of Seolrae's relationship is natural and their budding romance is very adeptly developed. From the very first chapter, where they both fell for each other without even realizing it, up until now where we have one girl oblivious to her feelings and the other so aware of her feelings that she's trying to seal them away.

Earlier on, you would have never thought No-rae would be the first one to realize she's in love with Seol-a, but unlike Seol-a, No-rae actually has been in a serious committed relationship and she isn't nearly as slow on the uptake, when it comes to understanding her heart.

I think the story has developed the nuances of their relationship and individual characteristics perfectly, and if you think otherwise, re-read it. Their romance is so much more believable and engrossing than just about any other yuri/girls love story I've ever read.

By the way, put me down as someone who thinks a confession is coming soon. I know Ssamba said there's a lot of story left to tell, but I don't think that necessarily means No-rae and Seol-a won't be in a relationship for majority of that story. Their acknowledgment of each other's feelings is just the beginning.

joined Apr 3, 2012

I'm not touching all this loosely relevant discussion about cheating, but I still say that while an anime is never going to happen probably, I would love to see a live action drama, if South Korea is bold enough. We've already had a live action lesbian kiss scene, and Fluttering Feelings is popular and gaining popularity from what I've seen, so it's entirely possible.

It deserves it.

joined Apr 3, 2012

How can this comic be so good? I mean, this is obviously a trying time for Norae and Seol-a's friendshipsoontoberelationship, but I love how this has progressed so naturally and with such a great pace. No-rae is feeling so many emotions right now: jealousy, confusion (maybe not so much anymore), frustration, desire...and she thinks she has a hopeless love. Seol-a is just as dense as always, and if she had any kind of sense for romantic feelings, she just may have picked up on the obvious queues from No-rae instead of being in constant ?_? mode, but the confrontation is coming.

Next few weeks should be a fun ride.

joined Apr 3, 2012

I love Ssamba. She knows exactly when to add a little more content to her chapters and keep the readers happy. This needed to be a longer read and it was. This whole chapter is perfect. Seol-a NEEDS to just freaking wake up.

joined Apr 3, 2012

Well I was going to give my two cents, but Halmoni happened with the Korean perspective to boot. I have to second the sentiment that there's nothing unrealistic about Seol-a or "off" about the way her character has been developed. You can be socially astute but naive at the same time, as can be the case with Seol-a. To be fair to her character, It's necessary to look at how her its been structured to this point.

Seol-a grew up with three older brothers. Do you really think those brothers weren't overprotective of their baby sister and didn't constantly try to prepare her for how dangerous their gender can be (hence the bat in her apartment)? Seol-a is constantly being wooed by a potential male suitor wherever she goes as well, and she's had a few passionless flings. That being the case, I think it's safe to say she has some experience in how to deal with men, although she is still a little naive and that's what got her in trouble with her violent ex.

But what about other women? Seol-a has been burned by them her entire life and she has never ever had a close female friend that wasn't just trying to exploit her or waiting to stab her in the back. Seol-a is brilliant in handling men, obviously possesses great intellect and knows how to carry herself in social outings, but she has zero experience in having genuine relationships with other females, platonic; romantic or otherwise.

Given what we know about her past, I think her interactions with No-rae are very believable. It's a two pronged situation here. Not only is No-rae providing Seol-a with her first real experience in female companionship, but No-rae is also Seol-a's first love (she's admittedly never fallen in love to this point and we all know she's head over heels for No-rae); that is a lot for her to navigate on her own and she has nobody to confide in...other than No-rae. The only other female she bragged to No-rae about in chapter ten or eleven only made Seol-a paranoid, depressed and jealous over No-rae..which is further evidence of how female companionship in general is uncharted territory.

I think she, like No-rae, has been very well written. No-rae is the only female to really penetrate past "Seol-a the Idol" and uncover "Seola, the person." And it doesn't hurt that Seol-a thinks she's the cutest thing ever and obsesses over her lips while trying to blame it on the booze.

Oops, I guess I still gave my two cents. Oh well. Good discussion.

joined Apr 3, 2012

This yuri manwha is the best thing going right now. Just loved this chapter. Didn't see No-rae acknowledging her feelings fully first coming.

last edited at Mar 15, 2015 4:07PM

joined Apr 3, 2012

What chapter is this series at so far? I love it, but it's been ages since the last update. Are there at least raws?

YamaChan
Lily Love discussion 19 Feb 00:38
joined Apr 3, 2012

Oh, I missed that. Lucky you! I patiently await future uploads.

YamaChan
Lily Love discussion 18 Feb 17:29
joined Apr 3, 2012

What raws? Where did you find them? The site linked in this thread hasn't updated with a 7th chapter yet

joined Apr 3, 2012

Do you have a link to that chapter? Or does anyone have any links to some raws? Would be much appreciated.

YamaChan
Fragtime discussion 27 Oct 02:03
joined Apr 3, 2012

And Flag Time has officially concluded. In case anyone is wondering, I've been following the monthly releases here:

http://tap.akitashoten.co.jp/comics/fragtime

What a ride and a fantastic ending. I hope we get an epilogue chapter at some point.

I can't seem to move past one page per chapter. Is it still all available publicly, or am I doing something wrong/is not using a P.C. the reason?

Also, since it's not the kind of time-stop like Homuhomu's, why is Murakami's cell working? http://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/009/405/flag_time_ch08_13.png (If the phones don't stop with the time, they would be crazy out of sync, lol.)

That's an interesting find...Probably a serious oversight. And the chapters still work fine for me. Must be something on your end.

YamaChan
joined Apr 3, 2012

Why is everyone worried about whether this is a yuri series or not? The MC identifies herself as a lesbian and ogles at least one female in every chapter.

Oh and Ayame/Moe OTP

Now to look for raws

last edited at Sep 26, 2014 5:39AM

YamaChan
Fragtime discussion 25 Sep 00:37
joined Apr 3, 2012

Murakami can admittedly come off that way. But if you observe her, the only time she's really upset with Moritani is when she freezes time for someone else with no warning, which robs Murakami of her chance to enjoy time where she can just be herself (which we learn is very important to her in the final chapter) and freely interact with Moritani.

This whole time the manga has presented the pairing as slightly unbalanced or uneven, with Moritani idolizing and obsessing over Murakami, when Murakami may have actually been even more infatuated and obsessed with Moritani for a long time.

Oh, like someone requested, half of the last chapter recaps all the major events of the manga from Murakami's PoV.

YamaChan
Fragtime discussion 25 Sep 00:14
joined Apr 3, 2012

Yes, she grows a pair by the last couple of chapters. She's finally honest and, in a good way, a little selfish with Murakami.

And people are way too harsh on Murakami. I never really saw her as being all that manipulative. It's not like she was making Moritani freeze time for anything other than enjoying three minutes of a world all to themselves.

last edited at Sep 25, 2014 12:15AM

YamaChan
Fragtime discussion 24 Sep 23:40
joined Apr 3, 2012

And Flag Time has officially concluded. In case anyone is wondering, I've been following the monthly releases here:

http://tap.akitashoten.co.jp/comics/fragtime

What a ride and a fantastic ending. I hope we get an epilogue chapter at some point.